NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-06-14/1603:06> »
"Not bad," Sammy replied with a raised eyebrow, "but if we're going to do this more, we really have to take you shopping for some clothes."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <05-06-14/1803:24> »
Fionn had a bit of a decision to make when he got Sammy's message.  It wasn't like he needed the money, at least not right now - he had plenty set aside to live off of while he kept up the search, and he'd paid his debts off.  His first instinct was to let this one pass him by.

But he kept thinking about it, and something else occurred to him.  If he kept working on his own like this, then he truly was alone; if something went wrong, he didn't really have anyone he could turn to for support - and if whatever happened to his sister came his way, well, he didn't stand much of a chance against something she couldn't take on.  It wasn't a fast decision, though - it took him some time to figure out what he wanted to do here, to the point that it made about as much sense to just show up as to send a message.

Taking a cab to get there, he noticed that Clem, Sammy, and O'Connor had beaten him there - and predictably, O'Connor didn't really seem to have much of an idea of what appropriate was.  For his own part, Fionn had his coat on over his suit - the one and only suit he owned, sure, and one that was a couple years out of date fashion-wise, but what was he gonna do?

"So how's everyone doing tonight?"  He almost made some crack at O'Connor's expense, but managed to hold off - wouldn't be helpful, but someone was probably gonna need to explain to him what "appropriate" was.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-07-14/1053:19> »
"One of those Hollywood big shots, is he?" asked Clementine to Sammy when they were still alone in the parking lot. Clem nodded at the new arrivals, which came in pretty much close to the same time. Fionn sometimes got on her nerves, but the elf did have his moments. "Have you guys heard anything from Torley?" asked the street sam, a little surprised she hadn't heard anything from him yet.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <05-07-14/1148:09> »
As Sam pulled into the parking lot, he quickly identified the rest of the group. Yeah, that assortment of characters doesn't look suspicious at all, he thought to himself. Anyone who knew anything about the shadows would probably immediately recognize them as a team of runners. He found a parking spot that wasn't too close to the group, but which would require him to walk past them on the way to the restaurant. Getting out of his car, he quickly adjusted his suit jacket, making sure that his Self-Defender was as inconspicuous as possible. Satisfied, he started walking towards the restaurant, his cane tapping on the ground as he went.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <05-07-14/1301:11> »
"Not really a bigshot as such, but rather someone who can get things done on time, on budget and discreetly," Sammy said, as she saw Torley move over the parking lot.
"Speaking about the devil, there he is.  How are you doing, Sam?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <05-07-14/1719:51> »
Glancing over, Sam said, "Ah, Samantha. It's been a while, hasn't it? Clem, gentlemen." He nodded to the others, though including O'Connor was stretching the blanket term a bit, in his opinion. In a quieter voice, he continued, "Is this all of us? Anything anyone wants to say before we head in?"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <05-07-14/1726:58> »
"Just a thought...  You wouldn't happen to have some kind of illusion that could make O'Connor look a little more...  Presentable, would you Sammy?  Bloody fun as it would be to watch, I don't think him getting tossed out on his ass would make the right impression here."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <05-07-14/1739:56> »
O'Connor gave short nods to Torley and Red acknowledging their arrival, but made no other form of greeting. At Sammy's and Red's comments, O'Connor gave them a blank look, "...?" He gave his attire a look over, "No bloodstains, bullet holes, or anything. What's wrong with it?"
« Last Edit: <05-07-14/1932:12> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <05-07-14/2252:03> »
The Gray Line looks like a ferry tied up to Pier 63. You have to walk a gangplank to get to the upper deck, where six tables form the upper portion of the restaurant.  Parabolic heat lamps and subdued lighting give customers a romantic view of the harbor even on chilly nights. As it has tonight, when the fog rolls in customers head to the more popular lower deck.

A maître’ de in a heavy jacket waits on the end of the plank.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <05-08-14/0139:58> »
"Lucky for you I know Mr. Slade dresses somewhat excentric at times," Sammy said to O'Connor, "and that the meet is here.  If it had been at the needle you wouldn't have gotten in.  Depending on what the job is, I'll take you shopping for something more appropriate.  A simple dark suit that says to the world 'I'm a bodyguard' should do nicely.  That way nobody expects you to speak, just stand there being intimidating.  And talking about speaking, as Sam here is our best negotiator, I suggest we let him do the talking."

With that she walked on the plank towards the restaurant.
"We're here for Mr. Slade," she said to the waiter at the end.  As he had used his real name to make the arrangements for the meet, she assumed he would be doing so here as well.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <05-08-14/0954:52> »
Clem looked at O'Connor then back at Fionn. "No bullet holes nor blood, you can't really expect more from him" said the woman before following Sammy to the restaurant, unbuttoning the bottom part of her Steampunk overcoat in case she needed to access what was under quickly. Although she wasn't a regular of fancy places like the Gray Line, she definitely knew how to keep her mouth shut and behave accordingly.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-08-14/1123:22> »
At the mention of the name, the man checks his book and directs them to the portal that will take them downstairs. 

The lower floor is fairly packed. The smell of seafood permeates the room. The thick glass wall opposite the stairs gives an unobstructed view of the harbor beneath the waves. The dining floor affords a wider view, down to the muddy bottom. Outside, an octopus slowly moves by, searching the mud for food.  You are led to a table where a lean elf in a bolo tie and cowboy boots sits with his back toward you watching the fish swim by.

He turns as you approach and smiles, “Howdy! Take a load off; I’ll have ’em bring out the chow.”

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <05-08-14/1309:55> »
Sammy slightly shook her head.  Some LA people were really strange, but at least O'Connor would not be too conspicious if he kept his mouth shut.
"Thank you, Mr. Slade," Sammy said as she sat down and removed her respirater, but she left her goggles on.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <05-08-14/1551:41> »
Sam briefly considered trying to imitate the "cowboy" accent, but quickly discarded the idea. While it would probably be fun, it wasn't likely to be very productive. Instead he smiled warmly, reached out his hand, and said, "Mr. Slade, nice to meet you. My name's Torley. Been in Seattle long?"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <05-08-14/2155:48> »
"Not too long this trip, got a place around here somewheres, but I am usually to busy to see it. Anyways..." the elf stands and gives a good firm grip, then indicates a chair next to him. "You must be the sweet talker, gonna try and make me part with more of my money than I want to, are you?  Well go easy on me, I don't do this often."

He sits back down and after everyone else has as well, he points his half filled glass at a waiter and indicates around the table.  "Six more and food GAR-ce-on."

"Okay here's the deal: I need some security for my stuff while I’m here. I don’t know for how long, probably two days. I know, you’ve heard it before, when I say ‘It’s an easy job,’ but it really is. You’re just going to baby-sit my stuff while it’s being put into a movie.”

Slade slaps his knee, ”Damn, cat’s out of the bag. That’s probably why I’m not a Mr. Johnson.  So you interested?  Might see somebody famous, and it will be five hundred per person per day.”