NEWS

[SR420th] Drones and Vehicles Matrix Attributes

• 2 Replies

PauloAM

• Chummer
« on: <10-13-13/0904:25> »
Hello guys, my first topic here...

So, I was analysing the Drone Rigger sample character until I got to his vehicles and drones.

There it shows: GMC Bulldog Step-Van [Pilot 4, Signal 4, Firewall 4, Response 4, Rigger Adaptation]

Then I go to the Gear chapter, and look for the van, and its shown attributes are: Pilot 2, Sensor 1

"How the hell did he upgrade the van's Pilot? Where the hell did he find the rest of the attributes?"

Then I read in the Matrix chapter that a vehicle or drone's Firewall is originally equal to its Pilot, ok...and you can upgrade up to +2 in regards to the original device ratings. Then Pilot 4 and Firewall 4 are all right.

But what about Signal and Response? I can't seem to find the original ratings of these two for the Van in question (or for any other device for that matter). I know I can buy a Hardware Package and upgrade a device's hardware, but what if I don't? Will the Van just have zero on both attributes?

The same doubt goes for the sample character's Drones. Some of them state the attributes, even if not telling their origin, but one of them for example (the Lockheed Optic-X Drone) doesn't show ANY attribute, how am I supposed to know them?

Thanks for the attention!

TsuiPen

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-13-13/1957:23> »
This was something I got confused over too.

Check out the device rating table on page 222 SR4A. Vehicles and drones usually are device rating 3. The derived attributes can be upgraded too, following the rules you already found.

PauloAM

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-13-13/2119:12> »
Guess I must've overlooked this table, thanks man!