NEWS

[SR4] New adept power: Charge

• 2 Replies

raggedhalo

• Omae
« on: <08-06-13/1140:37> »
So I've been replaying the Mass Effect games, this time as a Vanguard.  It occurred to me that a reason often given for melee characters not being that useful is that it's so hard to get into position to actually get into melee combat!  So, I've come up with an idea for a new adept power based on the "Biotic Charge" ability and I was wondering if you fine people could give me some feedback...

Name: Charge
Power Cost: TBC
With a focused burst of mana, the adept plows adrenaline and magic through her muscles, pushing her body past its limits.  Whenever the adept takes a Free Action to Run, she may make a Magic + Running Test.  For this Combat Turn only, multiply the adept's Running Speed by the number of hits scored on this Test.  This boost does not come without a price. At the end of the Combat Turn this power was activated, the adept must resist Physical drain equal to twice the number of hits the adept got on the Magic + Running Test (adepts resist drain with Willpower + Body).

So, how does that sound?  How much do you think it should cost?
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-06-13/1517:36> »
Also thinking about allowing the adept to add the number of hits to their melee attack roll instead of the usual Charge modifier.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <09-03-13/0639:09> »
I've never found it hard to get into melee range in most situations. Afterall, most fights happen in close ranges already. Especially when you're indoors. Granted, melee isn't as good during a vehicle chase, or when you're in a wide open area with nothing to hide behind. But then, I also play a lot of D&D, so I'm already used to finding cover and maneuvering myself into melee range. You just have to think tactically, rather than making new powers.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters