NEWS

IC: The Old Smoke CH2: Raiden, Lumen + Scawire

• 550 Replies

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <07-10-13/1837:02> »
On his way to the meet hax sends his agent to find out anything he can about the man and the woman in his neighborhood. * better be a damned good reason for that kinda behavior. If not that man may be in trouble...*  Hax makes sure his fake SIN for Alec Lysander is broadcasting. As he walks through the parking lot he whistles to himself while twriling his cane. *well I'll be, its like I am a kid all over again.. and remembers what used to be his life.
[spoiler]Perception 7d6.hits(5)=2
for audio +3 for audio enhancement (headphones) 10d6.hits(5)=2 bah lol. [/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #16 on: <07-10-13/1912:11> »
*Fuck me I know that look.  This boy has got loads to prove to his mates and I can't afford a tussle right now especially when I'm coughing my bollocks off.*

Forced to shallow his pride Knives just took a seat and kept to himself the rest of the ride and exits promptly at his stop.  As soon as he gets street side he pulls out another smoke and lights up to sooth his nerves and pride with vice.  Not used to this swanky part of town Knives takes a while to look and enjoy his cigarette.  Spotting the fuzz it takes every ounce of willpower not to walk right back on to that train.

*Brilliant, bloody fuckin brilliant!  No way I'm pressing my luck after that drek in the tube guess I can kiss that pint goodbye.*  Knives scans around looking for any sort of map to find the quickest way around the fuzz wall.  He tries his best to blend into the crowd long enough to duck into a back alley and make his way around.

[spoiler]
Trying not to look suspicious and covertly duck into an alley.
Infiltration 3 + Agility 6 = 9d6
9d6.hits(5)=3
[/spoiler]
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #17 on: <07-11-13/1155:51> »
______Lumen__________
Across the other side of the street you spot a small service road between a boutique and a beauty parlour, you assume it opens up behind the row of shops.
The Police appear to be making small talk with the various passers by as they scan their SiNs, clearly a "hearts and minds" patrol, showing these wealthy folk their tax-payer-pounds are being put to good use.
As far as you can tell, they haven't even noticed you yet as you cross the street, subtly trying to evade them as you head for the alleyway.
[spoiler]perception test (7d6.hits(5)=1)[/spoiler]
The alley opens up into a small delivery bay and refuse collection area. The rear of the loading doors are covered by cameras either side, but a small stack of pallets provides enough cover that you don't have to risk  setting off any alarms as you wait for the coppers to move on.
It takes a few minutes of them chatting up an attractive looking young lady before they continue their patrol, oblivious to your presence.
The pint was looking ambitious, but you might just about have time for a G + T.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #18 on: <07-11-13/1214:45> »
____Raiden_____
The agent struggles with your vague input, retrieving generic stats about household violence in the Philippine islands.
Apparently it ranks 47th in the world for reported levels of domestic violence, two places higher than the UCAS.

You reach the bottom of the stairs just as a Police patrol walk by.
"good evening sir, how are you today? We're just on patrol tonight to make sure everyone has a good time and that troublemakers are kept away. We're just going to do a quick scan of your ID and we'll have you on your way in no time" beamed the enthusiastic officer, his older colleague remaining silent but smiling at you, a hovering rotordrone at his right shoulder.

[spoiler]opposed ID test please:
scanner R3 (3d6.hits(5)=0)
use the rating of your fake ID as the dicepool.
[/spoiler]

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #19 on: <07-11-13/1227:53> »
_______Scawire____________

The public parking area is quiet, a few very nice cars and a couple of bikes take up minimal space in the huge underground vault of a carpark. as you light up, a voice comes over the tannoy
This is a designated no smoking zone. Please desist from smoking in this area. Continuing to do so will alert local law enforcement.

The local news is awash with stories about the recent upsurge in East End Violence, all sorts of bullshit commentators including everyone from the Lord Protectors Ofiice to the bleeding Queen herself all blame varying factions of gangs, of poor policing, of poor educational standards to the price of soymilk for the disturbances.
The magic news is just as much of a wash out too. Some bloke reckons he's found mana surges out in the toxic zones, but most of the commentators have highlighted his reputation for reporting wacky stories and his rampant substance abuse at the Annual Society of Hermetic Mages ball as reasons not to believe him.
A new formulae site has opened online, that offers a 10% discount for its first week, but very little else of interest has occurred today.
[spoiler]it's approaching 10pm, giving you just over 30 mins to make the meet.
ps, you're wearing bike racing armour, carrying drugs and lockpicks in a really well secured and swanky part of town. you're not making it easy for me! lol[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-11-13/1314:34> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #20 on: <07-11-13/1232:19> »
*Finally a spot of luck.*

While hiding out waiting for the coppers to pass Knives changes his Greatcoat from it's default black to a dark charcoal grey and pulls the collar up around his neck.  With the authorities at a safe distance he hurries towards Pave and checks the clock on his AR display.  *Please let there be enough time for a drink...*
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #21 on: <07-11-13/1237:12> »
The joint is a beatifully lit, re-conditioned victorian building with a menu on the outside wall and a smartly dressed concierge-cum-bouncer waiting on the door.
You can see well heeled city-clickers drinking wine and cocktails at high tables through the window, and a soft music, reminiscent of old-skool jazz can be heard through the open doorway.
The doorman looks at you as you approach with a warm smile.
"Good evening sir, are you a member?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #22 on: <07-11-13/1319:50> »
Knives forces a smile as the doorman addresses him, "No sir can't say that I am.  I'm supposed to meet my mates here they said we had a reservation, Smith party of four."  While he's waiting on the doorman he scans over the posted menu looking especially for drink specials hoping not to have to fork out too much quid in this swanky establishment.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #23 on: <07-11-13/1349:34> »
The doorman's monocle display briefly glowed blue while he accessed the reservation list, and he replies to you in a formal manner:
"certainly sir, I found your reservation. You are the first to arrive, so please take a seat in the bar, We'll notify you when your table is ready. Can I take your coat sir?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #24 on: <07-11-13/1412:56> »
Knives looks a little confused when the doorman asks for his coat but figured it was posh thing to do.  After switching his com and pack of smokes from the coat to his suit jacket pocket he sheds the greatcoat, leaves it with the doorman, and heads inside.  Bellying up to the bar Knives orders a G+T and pulls up the latest football scores and headlines to display in AR.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #25 on: <07-11-13/1502:45> »
The price would have made you wince but it gets added to the table's tab, though mysteriously there is no name associated with the tab.
Smiling at the free booze, the smile soon fades as you find out Fulham are down 2-1 with 2 minutes to go in injury time.
Looks like your fiver bet was a fiver down the swanny...

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #26 on: <07-11-13/1607:24> »
Mantis puts out his Snuff cig with some choice words being said under his breath. As he see the news report that has the Queen in it he laughs. She is behind more shady deals then your everyday Shadowrunner and she gets the big bucks for it, and the nice house. I get road rashed and I still have to win the lottery at my apartment to have decent hot water. With his small venting out of the way Mantis does his best to make his way to the meeting on time or early if he lucks out.
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <07-11-13/1749:52> »
Hax smiles at the guards and rests his cane on the ground, "certainly my good sirs, I hope you too haven't had any trouble lately.

[spoiler] 4d6.hits(5)=0 poo....Also my custom comm is in hidden, but the other comm I have "the paperweight" is broadcasting in active mode. [/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #28 on: <07-12-13/0404:15> »
[spoiler]3d6.hits(5)=1[/spoiler]
I'm very sorry sir, but your SiN appears to be invalid.
Where are you going tonight sir?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #29 on: <07-12-13/0421:28> »
------scawire--------
You Close down your comm feeds and hop off the bike, heading for the stairway. It opens out into a pedestrianised zone lined with bars, restaraunts and designer shops. The bars look like they are filling up and a crowd of young attractive and well dressed people make up the bulk of the foot traffic.
Your outfit draws some stares from passers by, audibly tutting at the riff-raff in "their" zone.
To your left, the street ends in bollards as the main road curves around and snakes into the distance. To your right you can see the AR route map guiding you to Pave at the end of the road.
A small police patrol of two officers and a drone are chatting to the pedestrians as the head down the street towards you, scanning their SiNs and assuring them visually at their hard earned tax money is being poot to good use.
A couple of the designer clothes shops are still open, though through the windows you can see that the clerks are preparing for closing time, tidying racks of suits down and part closing shutters.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor