NEWS

IC after action/downtime PbP for The essense of life.

• 62 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #15 on: <06-27-13/2356:31> »
Dante sends a comm to Drain.

Drain, Dante. Any chance your car sensors picked up if the kid got out on his own or if he was picked up?

Before snoozing, Dante sends a commlink command to spoof the Hyundai license plate.
[spoiler]
The car I picked up would have had a similar system (p 105 of AR, unless the sensors were removed/never installed/deactivated); I'll check that one too.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-28-13/0001:59> by martinchaen »

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <06-28-13/0021:16> »
To Spectre: "I'm glad you did. One less thing for me to do. Right now I'm weighing options before presenting them to the team. One hand, we got the Yak and Russian Mob offering us at MINIMUM 250k. Then we got some interest from supposed 'law enforcement', yet they're not really talking price. Now, the crime syndicate that tried to geek us is offering to play nice and owe us. I don't like blind agreements, if they had a rep willing to negotiate, I could see giving them some consideration, but just blunt terms 'or else' don't set right with me. Have my buddy Digger looking into sweetening the deal with the Yak and Russians, seeing if they can open up their network to us for access to some equipment, ware, or magical goods. A pay day like this doesn't come along every week..."

>To Frost:  I'm always in a for a good fight, but we need to get all the guys together and figure out how to handle this.  I agree about blind agreements and we should try and get something more concrete from the locals.  Maybe we can get a sweet deal with them and keep a low profile.  I don't need all of this attention or heat.  We are called Shadowrunners cause we work from the shadows not in the spotlight.  That said, if they aren't willing to deal, I'll frag them just like their buddies.

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <06-28-13/0027:14> »
Reading the comm from Spectre made Dante chuckle. He quickly typed up a response.

"You're staying with the showman? You're crazier than I thought, tovarishch. I'm fine, don't worry about me. And the suit''ll do for now; I took a bullet to the head and I'm still standing, aren't I...

I saw the message from Mr. Slick. See if you can get the name of the kid off the mother; I'll see if I can get a bead on him, quiet like. Whoever we pissed off seems to want him bad, and some leverage might work to our advantage. Home address, friends, stomping grounds; anything you can get out of her. She didn't seem too concerned at the kid not being in the car when we got back out...

Maybe our new hacker friend can jack some security cam footage, see if the kid took off by himself or if he was picked up. I could have sworn I shut that door...

Later..."

[spoiler]
If I can get suggestions on locations from the mother, I'll stake out whatever she thinks is the most likely spot after resting for a full day (at which point I'll have healed 7 wounds), and presuming we won't be called to attend a meeting or something. Commlink in hidden mode, switched to passive if I think any security drones spot me.

I'll be wearing the chameleon suit (with PPP armor if I can wear them under the suit) with both Ares Predators on separate arm slides, and my trusty taser in a quick draw holster. To avoid attracting too much attention walking the streets, I'll cover the suit up with "flats" (cheap, bulky clothing), until I can find a spot to camp out. Let me know if you need a full list of gear I'm bringing.
[/spoiler]

Reads the message and shakes his head:
Fair enough.  It's your call.  The "showman" is loud mouthed and cocky but we both know he is capable and skilled.  I'll pass on your thoughts to Frost about getting info from the woman...I have no stomach for speaking with weaklings and victims. Let us know what you find and watch your 6

Spectre forwards the texts to Frost....Wanna flex some info outta the girl?

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <06-28-13/0112:31> »
Writes to Frost over the commlink

<to Frost: Also you should let your local mafia friends that threatened us know that we already made copies and if anything happens to us, we will circulate the info on the datachip to everyone if we are captured or killed. ;)

[spoiler]Performs a con
8d6.hits(5)=3[/spoiler]

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <06-28-13/0857:00> »
Throughout the day, Frost tries to make the Mysterious Elf Lady (MEL from here on) feel comfortable and foster trust. Makes sure she has access to entertainment and food services, sets the drones to provide her with whatever she needs. Sends a message off to Digger to relay that precautions have been taken should there be any...unfortunate accidents. Also has Digger note that we are unwilling to do a blind drop, that if they're willing to negotiate with us in good faith, then we can consider their offer. A blind drop; however, is out of the question. We need more concrete details in regards to what is in it for us, besides petty guarantees of not geeking us.

Throughout his brief conversations, reassurances, and general wooing of MEL, Frost has been listening for any tidbits of information she lets slip throughout casual conversation. Anytime she seems to relax or open up, Frost attempts to dig a little deeper into her personal and professional details.

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <06-28-13/0903:18> »
As you speak to Mel she seems out of it, like she is somewhere else, though the first thing she asks is where her kid is at, and demands to see him. you get the feeling that other than that you won't get much from the worn, injured and mentally scared woman until she sees the boy is safe you can tell he isn't close to breaking, she has broken. you do manage to get a small bit of info, the kid is the key, she repeats quietly several times.

[spoiler]roll con/negotiation for this, any spells you use let me know and roll for them as well.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-28-13/0914:59> by Raiden »
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <06-28-13/0914:14> »
 about half a day after you messaged digger his sends you another message. Digger: <both the yak and Russians are offering connections and access along with the payments. other than vague promises of open markets with them they won't say anymore, not until we make a meeting that is. now here is something nice, the local "law" are offering "get out free" cards as it were along with some nice "gear".  Also the local mob we have this info on seem a bit, unhappy is a mild term, but nonetheless they have agreed to have a Representative meet you at the previously specified location and are waiting for the reply.

speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

martinchaen

« Reply #22 on: <06-28-13/1147:16> »
Waking up feeling a little more refreshed than the day before, Dante shoots Frost a request over his secondary link.

"I've got an idea. Can you get a hold of about 10 kilograms of ANFO (preferably packed in five 2kg bags), a radio detonator, and a solid piece of densiplast with the attached measurements? I'll also need a couple of power tools; some metal rods, a heavy duty nail gun, and a metal saw. I want to be prepared, just in case.

Get any info off the girl?"

Attached to the message is the height and width measurements of the trunk of the Hyundai, at about the middle of the trunk.

[spoiler]ANFO is a Rating 3 explosive, going price 70¥ per kilo with availability 6; the radio detonator is listed as costing 40¥ with an availability of 8R. Unsure about the rest, but should be fairly common building/hardware materials... GM, your call.

Also, any news on vehicle sensor data about the kid? Or on what the guys get out of the girl? You could always make the roll on their behalf, or is that frowned upon?[/spoiler]

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <06-28-13/1204:38> »
@ Dante, back to your search for the club, the search gives you several locations throughout the city labelled Dante's inferno by the agent. though you know there is probably only one or two places named that and only one is specified for the exchange.
also, the only thing you get from the car is that about a minute after you left the door was opened someone exited and closed. also, if frost wants to get you the stuff its fine by me. I would rather keep the rolls to the players so they can describe what happened and what if any spells or other things they put to use.

@Spectre, no need to make a con roll sending/saying it to frost, whoever sends it to the mob, if they send it, would need to make it. no DP modifiers that have to be seen, smelled or heard, unless you leave a voice message. anything below availability 12, unless its forbidden, assume your fixer/w/e can get. 
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <06-28-13/1222:07> »
@frost, you also receive a message from your new hacker friend. < I'm in deep trouble, look, I have heard about what you got, and I reckon you don't have the techie capable to find out whats on it. I also have some info on the woman and the boy. My problem is, I may not be around long to share this. I need a secure place to tuck away. I heard you have a real nice get up. Could I crash at your place until all this dies down? I am sure you will find my skills, quite useful. I am not just your average ganger techie after all. bad news is I haven't heard from the mojo man that was on the hit run at the shack. >
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

martinchaen

« Reply #25 on: <06-28-13/1417:59> »
Cursing the useless agent, Dante tasks it to search for more general info on the place while considering asking the fixer for location details.

[spoiler]Searches for information on "Seattle Club Dante's Inferno": 6, 1 minute
Can I just buy 1 hit per minute; agent's got 4 dice pool? :D
I kind of need to know where to go...

Copy that on dice rolls.[/spoiler]

He then prepares another message to Frost.

Have the stuff delivered to your place, if you don't mind, so I can do the work in some privacy. Alternatively, send it to someone you trust that has a garage I can use. This is low tech stuff, but it can still go boom...

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <06-28-13/1425:31> »
you narrow it down to the right club, unfortunately its half way across the city.
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

dragonfire

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <06-28-13/1727:27> »
@Spectre: "Sorry for the late response. I was catching a few z's after our little dining adventure. Hanging with the Elf eh? I guess it makes sense. I'll head over right now. I've got a camera on the rear of my Rover. We can check the footage to see if we got anything on the kid when I get there. See you guys soon"

Drain leaves his apartment in Redmond, sure to activate the maglock. When he reaches the Rover, he takes a look around with Astral Perception. He activates the chameleon coating and morphing license plate. The new look is a dark blue with license plate "SHORTY". He starts the engine and begins the drive over to Frost's.
« Last Edit: <06-28-13/1859:31> by dragonfire »
Speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <06-28-13/1931:52> »
@Spectre: "Sorry for the late response. I was catching a few z's after our little dining adventure. Hanging with the Elf eh? I guess it makes sense. I'll head over right now. I've got a camera on the rear of my Rover. We can check the footage to see if we got anything on the kid when I get there. See you guys soon"

Drain leaves his apartment in Redmond, sure to activate the maglock. When he reaches the Rover, he takes a look around with Astral Perception. He activates the chameleon coating and morphing license plate. The new look is a dark blue with license plate "SHORTY". He starts the engine and begins the drive over to Frost's.

>HA! It is an elf fest over here with myself, frost and the sad sack (elf chick).  We'll see you soon chief.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <06-28-13/2047:49> »
15d6.hits(5)=7
Con

To MEL, "Look, we're searching for the kid as we speak, but we need you to calm down. We need you to open up. We need you to start talking. Every piece of information you gives us, gets us closer to helping the kid and yourself. If you don't start talking, anything that happens to the kid is on you, not us. We just want to find him as quickly as possible so we can put this behind us,"