NEWS

Does receiving a charge cost an action?

• 3 Replies

brasso

• Omae
« on: <02-24-18/0143:06> »
The core combat rules say to receive a charge you have to have a delayed action. Do you need to then spend this action I guess? I assume it's complex? That's quite expensive for a +1 on defense test :/
The system we learn says we're equal under law
But the streets are reality, the weak and poor will fall

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #1 on: <02-24-18/0221:09> »
I read this section twice went back and read charge attack twice and unless you deiced to use an active defense I'm not convinced you do. As far as i can tell you can just take Reaction+Int+1 as your defense, even if you did take active defense it would be -5 initiative hit and then go i guess. It's a lot easier to follow if your using some kind of counter attack effect, but nothing lists an action type and all says defense test. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-26-18/2118:28> »
Way I read it is in order to receive a charge, you have to be delaying your action.  The charging opponent makes his attack and you get your bonus, then you "un-delay" and make your action.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-27-18/0033:08> »
That's the way I read it too. If a character declares that they are taking the Delay Action in preparation of someone charging them they get a bonus when defending against that charge. Then they get to take their Delayed Action as normal.