NEWS

Buying a weapon focus

• 22 Replies

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« on: <04-27-15/1949:36> »
I'm building a minotaur mage and want a Claymore weapon foci it's 7karma for a force 2 spear how much should it be for the Claymore at force 2 & 3 respectively I was thinking 10 for it to be force 2. 15k FOR FORCE 3 and id still pay the karma to bind at char Gen as well.
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <04-27-15/2050:35> »
I'm not sure what your asking.

This are the basic costs to Purchase & Bond a Weapon Focus.

Force-1
3 Karma + $7,000 + Cost of Basic Mundane Claymore        (I don't know what the base cost of 1 is.)

Force-2
6-Karma + $14,000 + Cost of Basic Mundane Claymore

Force-3
9-Karma + $21,000 + Cost of Basic Mundane Claymore

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <04-27-15/2146:45> »
i was referencing PACKS and how to buy a force 2/3 weapon foci and i understand the force x 3. to be able to use it i was trying to figure out a way to purchase it via packs specifically so i can buy it with karma and not nyuen

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-28-15/0148:30> »
As a pack it doesn't work as you won't get to a value that after dividing by 2,000 gets you a natural number.
A Highland Forge Claymore costs 4,500 ¥ and you pay 7,000 ¥ per Force for a weapon focus.

But since you're either converting 1 karma to 2,000 ¥ or buy PACKS that consist of stuff with a value that is a multiple of 2,000 ¥, I suggest you take a look at PACKS for inspiration but ignore them altogether when it comes to purchasing your gear and do your math on your own. It will get you a better result in the end.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <04-28-15/0259:08> »
okay so it has to be a multiple of 2000.fair enough
I was thinking force 3 Claymore with quickdraw sheath and personalized grip round it up and go from there? Btw where is personalized grip I can't find it or the sheath( quickdraw holster is size excluded so price/ book & pg?
« Last Edit: <04-28-15/0705:45> by FastJack »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-28-15/0844:21> »
okay so it has to be a multiple of 2000.fair enough
I was thinking force 3 Claymore with quickdraw sheath and personalized grip round it up and go from there? Btw where is personalized grip I can't find it or the sheath( quickdraw holster is size excluded so price/ book & pg?
It doesn't have to be a multiple of 2000. Every point of karma you put into money gives you 2000 nuyen to spend, but it doesn't have to be spend on the same thing. PACKS are just a convenient way of doing that - they put together a flat multiple of 2000 nuyen worth of stuff so it's more conveniently bought with karma. But nothing is stopping you from transforming karma to nuyen the classical way.

A F3 claymore is 7000x3, or 21000. Add the claymore (4500) and you end up with 25500. You can buy that for 13 karma (=26000), with 500 nuyen left over (part of which would go into the Personalized Grip and Sheath).

Personalized grips are clarified in the Missions FAQ, I believe.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <04-28-15/1325:32> »
thank you now does anyone know where the quick draw sheath it or can I just triple the price of the holster

Edit: reduced font size
« Last Edit: <04-28-15/1800:03> by AJCarrington »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-28-15/1801:40> »
@zeth - no need to shout ;) Might want to check you font size next time you post.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <04-28-15/1839:26> »
sorry didnt realize font size denotes shouting, my bad.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-28-15/2148:01> »
Of course if you wanted to go silly look at the Highlands Claymore from Run & Gun  ;D
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-29-15/0152:01> »
 ahhh, thats better now, a much more friendly atmosphere her (when nobody's shouting for  no reason at all) :D 
@Quick Draw Sheeth
there is no RAW( IIRC) ImO a Knife sheath would be the same cost like a Holster and a Sword Sheeth normal to double a Claymore or No Dachi Sheath... Normal to triple
(depending on how "Hartwurst " Your game shall be)

he who likes to Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #12 on: <04-29-15/0418:31> »
Bah.  Claymore.  Talk to your GM about a highly collapsable halberd/naginata, using a modified Victorinox memory blade (1500¥ + modification) and a telescoping staff (350¥), and add your weapon focus cost onto that.  If you have the Victorinox's 'hidden mode' be a solid ball, in collapsed mode it would probably be a very efficient mace - and you might just get the weapon focus advantages as well.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <04-29-15/2022:41> »
im pretty stuck on using the highlander claymore. its just part of the character i want to build.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <04-30-15/0145:35> »
The Claymore offers the best bang for your buck for high-STR characters. It only has an important drawback, as far as character generation is concerned:
Availability!
With 14R it's above the maximum of 12 for standard runners, so you'd need Restricted Gear or convince your table to customize the generation rules. Maybe you can save a bit of money and have the Face get it for you. But that won't help with the focus part, as your desired focus is the claymore. You can't buy it partially.