NEWS

CharGen with Automated Character Sheet

• 64 Replies

Cynickal

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <09-15-13/1605:16> »
Is there a way that embedded cyberware can be noted at the moment rather than manually?
I'm adding flare compensation and other goodies to my cyber-eyes and it's draining my essence.

BTW - Fantastic job, I really appreciate builders like yours.

Cynickal

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-16-13/2354:34> »
When you select DocWagon contract on the equipment tab it doesn't have the second drop down menu.
Attached a screen shot again.

VoidRunner

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <11-04-13/1626:10> »
Excel 2007 here and not seeing drop-downs for the following:

Priorities, Race or Magic/Resonance fields on the "Priorities-Race-Att" tab.

"Adept Powers" and "Level" for the Adept Powers table on 'Magic-Resonance'

"Weapon Type" for Ranged Weapons below the first row on 'Resources-Equipment'

"Essence Left" on the 'Resource-Augments' tab -- should this be grey instead?

I'm seeing this as well, using Excel 2010.

Azriel Ragia

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <11-05-13/2024:34> »
This is an Awesome piece of work.  but I do notice that the pricing for Cyberlimb Customization is wrong.  I have Cyberlimbs Customized for 6/6 STR/AGI and it says that costs nothing,

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <11-08-13/1120:31> »
Telles was last on two months ago. Don't think this will be updated. Hope everything is ok with the OP.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Lord Nikon

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <11-17-13/1943:09> »
I cant download it. Maybe the link is broken?

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <11-20-13/0332:08> »
Hey guys, long time no see.

I updated the Chargen. the link is here and I'm about to edit the first post as well: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B90sdELgLbhZXzV1SWtBYU1wSTQ/edit?usp=sharing

I fixed a few issues. The DocWagon problem is solved. There were a few improovements.

The CharGen now is fully capable of leveling up. It is not only for Character creation.

The Sheets are ready but not yet fully functional. My intention is to send all the information to the sheets. Its almost done but not quite yet.

The issue with Cyber Limbs have not been addressed as of yet.

Sorry for going AWOL. Busy semester. Organizing academic events, running a academic journal as Chief-Editor and planning my weadding has been proving quite taxing :) But I'm back on my insomnia fase and decided to come back to the CharGen

The notes in the Intro are for myself, trying to remember bugs to fix. It's in Portuguese. I'm Brazilian after all.

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <11-20-13/1941:55> »
Now the Sheets are ready... if I'm not mistaken only the submersion and Initiation are not yet automatically displayed in the sheets. but they will be.

I have yet to check on the cyberlimbs issue... but other than that I believe the Chargen is now fully operational and with Character sheet automatically filled and ready to be printted.

Hope you guys like it

Any suggestions please let me now

Lord Nikon

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <11-21-13/2033:57> »
Now the Sheets are ready... if I'm not mistaken only the submersion and Initiation are not yet automatically displayed in the sheets. but they will be.

I have yet to check on the cyberlimbs issue... but other than that I believe the Chargen is now fully operational and with Character sheet automatically filled and ready to be printted.

Hope you guys like it

Any suggestions please let me now

I keep getting a 404 error if I try to download or view in google docs

EDIT... I had to go to FILE and pick download and ignore the message that popped up for too large to display or download here.
« Last Edit: <11-21-13/2035:53> by Lord Nikon »

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <11-22-13/0523:39> »
Azriel, the problem with CL customization is solved. but the merrit should go to Flaser. The aygmentation section I took from his Chargen. I only made adjustments in order to work in my excel... different versions.

For everybody: Few minor issues found and solved, mainly with contacts table.

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <11-23-13/1453:12> »
Amazing how it always sems to pop up something to work in a chargen like this.

Minor issues addressed in skills. Added a few informations, skills with possibility of defaulting are automatically calculated in the sheet, the advantages of mentor spirit are not calculates automatically because it is not usually a bonus to core values. Only exception is voice control acting upon social limit. this is calculated in this chargen.

O changed the colord and organizations to make it more concise and clean.

Added a table with all excel sheets, with links to tehm in the intro sheet

Go wild

Azriel Ragia

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <11-24-13/1859:13> »
Hoi Telles. 

Thanks for the updates.  this makes learning this system and creating characters SOO much easier.  I love the printable character sheet that updates as you enter information...pure gold there.
Now here come the nitpicking...sorry.

Character Sheet tidbits:
The Knowledges do not allow for Languages, or at least dont allow an "N" for Native speaker.  They also do not list on the character sheet, at least the numbers do not.  The First listed Knowledge doesnt show up on Sheet.
Ammo listed under the Ranged weapon catagory does not list the number of bullets purchased.
Gear is not listed at all on the Character sheet just a #VALUE! error.

Misc notices:
In the Ranged Weapon catagory on the Resources Equipment tab.  only the top most line has a drop down option.  al the ones lower have no drop down.
On the Priorities tab if you Input a Stat increase from Augmentations onto a Stat that you have used Karma on it counts the Augmentation Bonus as a Karma Purchase.
There is no Place to List Specializations, either on the tables or on the character sheets.

Please dont think of this as complaints and/or unappreciation.  I absolutely LOVE this set up..and if I had any Knowledge of how to work the Excel program I would try and fix the errors for you.  I know that if I ever get a group to play every character I make will be made with this set up. 

Thanks for all the hard work you have done on this.

Azriel

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <11-25-13/1623:29> »
Hey don't be sorry man. One of the reasons for me to place the CharGen here is for this kind of feedback.

I was aware of the knowledge problem, but I had forgotten about it... The ammo at the ranged weapon list needs for the user to specify the number of times you buy it at the "rating/ammo quantity" columm after avail. Remember the cost is per 10 shots.

I have changed the sheet so you can place specializations near the knowledge skills. (I will add a dropdown of knowledges and languages with a place for N, not ready yet.

The ranged weapon category is ok with the last version. maybe the one you downloaded was with a bug that i now have it solved. I'll check anyway.

I will have to think better about the karma/augment issue.

about the rest... I made a few changes in the Chargen over the weekend... When did you last downloaded it? Nonetheless I shall chek on your notes as soon as I can. Thank you for the time to point them out.

« Last Edit: <11-25-13/1631:57> by Telles »

Azriel Ragia

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <11-25-13/1811:15> »
I  downloaded a version a week ago or so.  And I did input a number of rounds bought.  I meant to say when they appear listed on the character sheet printout they list ammo like it was a weapon.  But no list of amount on ammo.  Also remaining nuyen does not she up on character sheet.  Although you might have meant for that to happen on purpose. 

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <11-25-13/2100:42> »

Just finished working on the CharGen again. All the issues brought up by Azriel were solved. Except for the issue with the ammo... have to think about that... might have to make a special place for them on the sheet, or place it at gear and let the specific information to be used by the player, without automatic calculation...

Thank you again Azriel... and could you give me a feedback on the solutions I gave? if it worked? I have no group currently and so no one to test my CharGen.

thank you

PS just reallized I did nothing about remaining nuyen... oh well... next update :)