NEWS

CharGen with Automated Character Sheet

• 64 Replies

Telles

• Newb
« on: <09-02-13/1627:48> »
Well, I've started this Excel CharGen in other topics, but now that it's pratically finished I think it ought to be placed in it's own topic for appreciation of all that wish to try it.

Its a excel based character generator with gear and augmentation automatic fields in a buying interface. Level-up capabilities and updated with All current books (jan, 2018) (as fas as I know). And automated char sheet.

here is the link:   https://drive.google.com/open?id=18meZd59GPM8ldPQA1re_UL2f8CzuDAKi

Here is the link for a new tool... a Initiative Tracker and condition monitor Tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B90sdELgLbhZcHhwMW1UaDNuM2M

Hope it can be of use for someone

To Do List:

* chemicals and other drugs to buy.
*  think about specs and how to make it clearer where it is and to what it is related. I'm not sure if it needs to be.. made a few minor changes that might work

* linked att on knowledge.  Troublesome... I'll take some time do to that... not the most urgent
* adding 10% of life Style cost for group housing... how to solve the dwarf, troll, human group in this situation ?  Still thinking about it
* placing all character sheets in one tab to make printing easier... have to change many formulas for that

Changes made since Decemebr 16, 2013:

* Add filter to skill tab.
* add quantities to equiment tabs
* ritual spell costs and placement on sheet.

EDIT (January 14, 2018): After almost five years I'm back. Life happened. I decided to update my Chargen. I changed the link above to my new version. I'm calling it 2.0, since there is a lot of changes that required many formulas to be updated.

On a second Note. I am going to place here another tool I created. An Initiative tracker and condition monitor automaticaly updated.

On a Third note. I was thinking of combining the initiative tracker with a set of tables from the SR5 CR. It is in a beta version and now that there are so many more books the work to make it complete will be even more complex... But I'll place it here so that you can check it and give sugestions.

Table Tool beta version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B90sdELgLbhZQ0RRSUJTbWRfQ28
« Last Edit: <01-14-18/0928:22> by Telles »

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-04-13/2121:02> »
Awesome.  ;D
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-07-13/1910:11> »
Well... thank you.

I have updated the link and now it should be cleaner... with all information automatically placed at the character sheet.

As far as I can tell, everything is there. spell list, program list, Every piece of gear, augmentation, decks, RCC, with buying interface and going to the Char Sheet.

Qualities, skills, complex forms, rituals, all listed and inside dropdown lists. Karma costs for all these, Life Style and Life Style options automatically calculated.

Alternate Gameplay is also in the CharGen.

There is a General Sheet, with 2 pages, and a third page for awakened characters, a third page for matrix users, and a extra page, a copy of the sencond page but without information automatically placed, Might be usefull for a Street samurai, or anyone with lots of gear.

If you guys find anything you think could be improoved, let me know please. 
Thank you in advance for your sugestions and reviews

Rythymhack

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <09-07-13/1958:58> »
Tried this today. Looks nice. I did find a bit of a bug. After assigning priorities when spending stat points, raising magic comes out of the regular points not the special attribute points (where it is supposed to come from).

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-07-13/2047:53> »
You are correct. It was coming from special AND regular chargen points... error in one of the formulas... corrected now.

Thank you for the heads up

« Last Edit: <09-07-13/2100:36> by Telles »

Tagami

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-08-13/0343:10> »
Initiative is Reaction+Intuition, not Charisma
« Last Edit: <09-08-13/0345:45> by Tagami »

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-08-13/1332:36> »
Very true... corrected (wrong cell number in the formula, sorry)

Cynickal

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-08-13/2202:17> »
Looks like the link to the Armor table isn't working.
I selected an armor from the drop down menus and the dependent fields didn't populate.

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <09-09-13/0048:55> »
Uhm... I just checked and it worked... Can you specify the problem? I checked the "Resources-Equipment" sheet, and chose the armor type before using the armor column. it was populated.

with no armor type selected it keeps blank but selecting the armor type the next drop down menu worked. I checked all dropdown menus in table 4: Armor.

Sorry, but I don't seem to find what could have gone wrong...

nylanfs

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <09-09-13/1449:17> »
Hmm, opening this in LibreOffice or OpenOffice seems to screw up many of the dropdowns. Haven't checked so make sure the math was still working yet.

Anyone have an idea on why?

Also it's giving me a cost of 5 for Analytical Mind, was this errata'd book shows 8.

Was looking at wrong line, by bad.
« Last Edit: <09-09-13/1452:40> by nylanfs »

Cynickal

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <09-12-13/0102:11> »
So I'm using Excel 2010 Start-up on the tab <Resources-Equipment> and I scroll to Table 4: Armor.  I use the drop down menu to select Armor then go to the next column and select Lined Coat.  Nothing populates in Armor Rating, Availability, Cost multiplier, Base Cost or Final Cost.

I tried filling in the rating and capacity, but that didn't do anything either. (Screen shot attached)

Pollution

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <09-12-13/1637:07> »
Your skills tab was incorrectly calculating remaining skill points.  You stopped counting 1/2 way down the list.

Also, I can't find where to spend karma to get more nuyen....

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <09-13-13/2029:27> »
So I'm using Excel 2010 Start-up on the tab <Resources-Equipment> and I scroll to Table 4: Armor.  I use the drop down menu to select Armor then go to the next column and select Lined Coat.  Nothing populates in Armor Rating, Availability, Cost multiplier, Base Cost or Final Cost.

I tought the problem was on the dropdown menu... it was with the formula in the rest of the table. You are correct and I have corrected the table. Thank you for the help and the patience.

Your skills tab was incorrectly calculating remaining skill points.  You stopped counting 1/2 way down the list.

Also, I can't find where to spend karma to get more nuyen....

You are aslo correct. The formula has been adjusted and I added a place for buying nuyen with karma in the resource-equipment tab, just above lifestyle

Thak you as well for the help.

PS: Since I'm spending a year away from my place of residence due to my PhD course I haven't been playing since before the SR5 release. You guys are my testers after myself of course. So I really mean it when I thank you.

eldamir

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <09-13-13/2119:53> »
Excel 2007 here and not seeing drop-downs for the following:

Priorities, Race or Magic/Resonance fields on the "Priorities-Race-Att" tab.

"Adept Powers" and "Level" for the Adept Powers table on 'Magic-Resonance'

"Weapon Type" for Ranged Weapons below the first row on 'Resources-Equipment'

"Essence Left" on the 'Resource-Augments' tab -- should this be grey instead?

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <09-13-13/2253:33> »
Excel 2007 here and not seeing drop-downs for the following:

Priorities, Race or Magic/Resonance fields on the "Priorities-Race-Att" tab.

"Adept Powers" and "Level" for the Adept Powers table on 'Magic-Resonance'

"Weapon Type" for Ranged Weapons below the first row on 'Resources-Equipment'

"Essence Left" on the 'Resource-Augments' tab -- should this be grey instead?

You're right... Essence Left in Resource-Augments should be grey.  For the rest... well I really don't know if there is anything to do with the diference in excel versions. I will try to look into it...

Edited: According to microsoft office support page excel 2007-2013 have compatible file format. Trying to save in excel 97-2003 is complicated because it doesn't have much support for the amount of formulas in my file... I will talk with a few friends that work with TI and see if they can give me a hand.
« Last Edit: <09-13-13/2316:10> by Telles »