NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3420 on: <01-25-16/1004:41> »
>>>>>[I know what you mean, Ice.  I had to put down one of my own squad who had been taken over by a Sheddim.  You know that the guy is dead and what's in the body isn't him, but it is still hard.  Luckily it wasn't a master sheddim or I wouldn't even be standing here.  Taking him down was not difficult, but it took us almost four days before we managed to get the sheddim back to its metaplane and we also had to burn the body to prevent it from being used again (there's no shortage of Sheddim in certain parts of the world). ]<<<<<

--Kitten (16:05:26/01-25-78)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #3421 on: <01-26-16/2156:06> »
>>>>>[Maybe, I was a little blitzed last night, but I saw a wingnut babbling on about GOD and the right hand. Hour later he was being thrown into the back of a Bulldog. Anybody know anything? I've got a hunch, but I'd rather not bring the hammer down.]<<<<<                                             
                                                      --Black Bart (21:51:35/01-26-78)
Don't tell Lynn I'm not working right now...

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3422 on: <01-28-16/0654:43> »
>>>>>[Probably a hacker who pissed off the wrong people and didn't wipe his tracks sufficiently.]<<<<<                                             
                                                      --Black Panther (12:55:15/01-28-78)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #3423 on: <01-28-16/1227:43> »
>>>>>[I've heard of ICE frying your brain. But this guy was on one. "The left hand is unawres of what the Right is executing." As far as I know I've not heard of the left hand.
                               --Black Bart (12:23:00/01-28-78)
Don't tell Lynn I'm not working right now...

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3424 on: <01-28-16/2357:54> »
>>>>>[ It's that thing on the end of your left arm.
          Sarcasm aside, he was likely a conspiracy theorist, going on about how some secret cabal is operating behind the scenes, taking over the world - or, you know, just controlling it.  As if there aren't enough cabals trying to do so these days; you can barely chuck a rock without hitting one. ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (00:00:00/01-28-2078)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3425 on: <01-29-16/1236:38> »
>>>>>[Really. The secret cabals are a dime a dozen. And most of them are about as relevant as an entry level supervisor is to a AAA. Especially since they have trouble going up against the ones working in the open.

Of course, the drunk crazies sometimes hit too close to the truth, even by accident. Anyone who tells you there aren't shadowy conspiracies working in the background is probably a good little corp wageslave who has never been outside of his arcology. The rest of us know better. Hell, most of our work here in the shadows is advancing one conspiracy over another in the shadows. But if anyone tells you that the President is actually a dragon in disguise working with aliens to replace us all... well, if you're chemically inclined you should see what he's having, because it is obviously the good shit.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (12:36:23/01-29-78)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3426 on: <01-29-16/1305:28> »
>>>>>[Here in LA there are many conspiracies, but it's mostly limited to some people trying to get their five minutes of fame, or taking it away from others.  Sometimes really annoying, but hey, it pays the bills right. ]<<<<<

--Black Panther (19:06:13/01-29-78)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3427 on: <02-11-16/0413:22> »
>>>>>[Well, never let it be said I don't admit when I've screwed up. Working a snatch and grab down at the docks, and it was my job to distract the guards long enough for the others to get in, get the goods, and get out. Should have been a simple enough job. A couple barely trained guards aren't anything I can't handle, even with one hand tied behind my back. But looks like the legwork got sloppy, and missed that there was a rigger on station. Fragging Vory rigger with a dozen Duelist drones. Sure, that's not great, but Duelists aren't really a match for a combat mage that focuses in CQC. Unless, of course, the bastard puts them in one big swarm, and sends them after a single target. Then things get bad, very fast.

As in, finding yourself trapped at the end of a dock, with one duelist's blade broken off in your gut, with ten of the things still up and after you.

Six hours, and a trip to the doc, later, and the whole post-surgery pain meds are wearing off enough that I can think, but still there enough that I'm not in complete agony. And Xerena is here, reading me the riot act. Apparently, I'm 'reckless'. Well, can't argue with that, especially considering how I got out of that mess.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (04:13:04/02-11-78)

My Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3428 on: <02-11-16/0857:12> »
>>>>>[I've seen you in action.  Reckless is a good description.]<<<<<

--Kitten (14:57:44/02-11-78)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3429 on: <02-11-16/1131:59> »
>>>>>[Yeah, hole in my gut says I can't argue too much. Anyways, getting out of that was tricky, to say the least. I'd love to tell you that there were some dashing heroics, or that I went like some kind of anime character and started cutting drones in half with my sword, but I think this forum's bulldrek detector would burst into flames. No, I ran to the end of one of the docks, got all the drones grouped up together since they were following me pretty close, and dropped a handfull of grenades at my feet before I dove (ok, fell) over the side. Let me tell you, salt water in a gut wound hurts like hell. Got a spirit to bring my body back to the van, and patched myself up enough that I wasn't in risk of bleeding out (a medkit and a healing potion back to back are good for that), and then promptly passed out until I was at the doc.

Honestly, though, I hadn't heard of anyone using that swarm software on anything bigger than Dragonfly drones. That's how I got wounded, the swarm made the duelists a LOT better fighters than they normally are, which was enough surprise that I wasn't able to recover in time. But I'm still alive, job was a success, and my team picked up a little something extra from the warehouse for me since I agreed to be bait.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (11:31:24/02-11-78)

My Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3430 on: <02-11-16/1455:20> »
>>>>>[Talk about Dragonflies, I had a very fun run a couple of nights ago using those.  We were in a standard 'get some drek on a certain trid actress' basic LA job and I had a bunch of dragonflies following said acress.  In the meantime some others of the team tried to get an appointment with a certain prostitute who looked a lot like said actress.  The idea was if we didn't find anything, we would simply pay her to have sex with one of the team and tape that.  Shouldn't be too hard, right?

I'm monitoring the dragonflies and it's difficult because apparently she knew quite a lot about shaking tails, when I spot the van of the rest of the team.  Turns out the prostitute was the actress who liked to live on the wild side and not just a lookalike.  That run was frakkin' gold. ]<<<<<

--Black Panther (20:55:15/02-11-78)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3431 on: <02-28-16/1552:29> »
>>>>>[ Mirikon, have you or Xerena heard from Hawatari?  I had a job right up her alley, but I haven't been able to get a hold of her via any of the methods she's given me - or any of the others I've sussed out.  She's either gone completely off-grid over the last few days, or else ... I dunno, she's a tough hit, especially with that little 'alliance' she has going on.
          Has anyone heard from the girl?? ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (16:00:00/02-28-2078)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3432 on: <02-29-16/0910:53> »
>>>>>[We haven't heard from her, no. Where was the job? I just finished a gig, so unless it is in Aztlan, I can go check things out. I'd rather not stir up that mess again. But anywhere else, I can see about finding things out. If it is her, I have high hopes of finding her alive, even if she got captured.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (09:10:35/02-29-78)

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3433 on: <02-29-16/0917:17> »
>>>>>[ No no - it isn't that she's missing on-the-job, it's that I can't even contact her to offer it to her.  She's just fraggin' vanished.  Not even her headware is responding to pinging.  Last I knew she was still operating out of Seattle ... ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (09:15:00/02-29-2078)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3434 on: <02-29-16/1020:15> »
>>>>>[That's no good. Since I'm assuming you've already checked the KE intake lists and haven't found her, then she isn't in jail. I haven't heard of any big throw-downs in the last few days, and sniper shots make the news, regardless, so she's probably still alive. So way I see it, either she's laid up somewhere and isn't able to get a call, she's in deep cover for a job, or she's been bagged by some black project. I'll get a few people to check the local shadow docs, in case she's been laid up, and I'll start asking around about recent 'acquisitions' people have made. Can you get me any info on the last job she was on? That'd be the first place to start looking if trouble found her.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (10:20:35/02-29-78)

My Characters