NEWS

[OOC] Virtual Underworld 93 Planning Thread

• 134 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #30 on: <11-30-11/1028:11> »
Saw someone asking if this was open, so I thought I'd ask if it still was as well. Got an old SR3 character I've converted over to SR4 that I might want to use in this occasionally. Just let me know if it's cool. :)

Shouldn't be. We're pretty flexable about that here. But then, if I can bring in one that was converted from 3rd ed, which was converted from 2nd ed...I don't think that there will be a problem as like Wyrm said, you don't break the rules.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <11-30-11/1159:07> »
Now I just need to figure out a way to write up the character's bio without making her look like on of those 'Mary Sue' characters mentioned earlier. The GM let us get away with a whole lot of crap (and paid us about two million either every month or every other month).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #32 on: <11-30-11/1223:50> »
Id say. keep it simple, keep it consice, keep it real. Show merits, show flaws, give them quirks. Show there is more to them than the first impression, there is more beneath the surface. Be proud of victories, but also never ashamed of defeats. Also show that for whatever they have gained, there has always been a price to pay. In short, make them (meta) human.

Just my .285734 cents, after taxes.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #33 on: <11-30-11/1832:59> »
Now I just need to figure out a way to write up the character's bio without making her look like on of those 'Mary Sue' characters mentioned earlier. The GM let us get away with a whole lot of crap (and paid us about two million either every month or every other month).

Trim away 95% of your gear (and 'bought' contacts).  Allude to stuff; don't write anything out, just 'suggest' something -- and keep it incredibly vague.  If, in your time playing her, she fought it out with great dragons as part of a CIA hit squad, just mention that she did some black contract work for the UCAS government.  Or, better yet, don't say anything about her employers, or her runs.  "She was active in the eastern UCAS from '56 to '64."
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #34 on: <12-11-11/0813:52> »
Might be fun to put threads up for some of the other books, like the Street Legends thread.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <12-11-11/1601:04> »
Did one for CT because Bull is not the boss of me!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #36 on: <12-11-11/1612:40> »
Did one for CT because Bull is not the boss of me!
It's your commlink...  And possibly fore-brain.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #37 on: <12-11-11/2108:17> »
yeah, and once CT comes out in dead tree i might be able to come up with some comments
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <01-07-12/0554:25> »
So..uh..if I had a character I wouldn't mind dropping into this to help flesh him out/get some meat on his character, how would I go about doing that?

I'm not saying he's completely 1D, but I need to write/be him for a bit, wear the mask and see if it fits, ya know?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Keita

• Omae
  • Between darkness and light.
« Reply #39 on: <01-08-12/0258:21> »
Pretty much just read the rules, and then jump in a post. Might be a good idea to read the last few pages of the thread to see what's currently going down, but other than that...nothing special you need to do.  :D
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <01-08-12/2040:16> »
Oh, I've been keeping up. You guys are great.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #41 on: <01-08-12/2049:45> »
Awwwwwwwww...   :-[

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <01-08-12/2112:52> »
I love all the stories that show up in here. I feel bad for the Murphy clan, for Money, I see wonderful tension between members (Specifically Oro and Ice).

It's just well written collaborative fiction!

Also, posted in the bios, so I guess I'll figure out SOME way of jumping in.

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #43 on: <01-09-12/0041:41> »

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <01-09-12/0230:56> »
Oh hey! You wrote Night to Never Remember and Just a Simple Run! When is the next chapter of Simple Run coming out?!

"F*** subtle." - Dresden