NEWS

Safehouses now out--stay cool when the heat is on!

• 52 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <04-07-12/0026:39> »
I didn't know canucks could cry. Unless they ran out of Lablatt. ;)
Wayne Gretzky retiring was also cause for a good cry.

I'm also out of Blue and Canadian.   :'(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <04-07-12/0901:22> »
"Labatt"  ;D

AJC

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #33 on: <04-07-12/1644:10> »
Be glad we're laid back Canadians, that's one of those things that will get you into fights in Canada, dissing our beer.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #34 on: <04-07-12/1709:12> »
PBR?

As a side note, beer is serious business.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <04-07-12/1801:52> »
PBR?

As a side note, beer is serious business.

Truth
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #36 on: <04-09-12/1312:30> »
Agreed!
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Starglyte

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <04-13-12/1018:21> »
Bah all this talking about how good Safehouses got me to buy it. Hopefully we will see another Runner's Black Book style release for the new pdfs.  :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #38 on: <04-13-12/1557:13> »
Bah all this talking about how good Safehouses got me to buy it. Hopefully we will see another Runner's Black Book style release for the new pdfs.  :)
Thank you.  ;D

What did you think of it?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Starglyte

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <04-13-12/2209:09> »
Loved the  humor in the game systems section. Funny as it sounds, I got a kick reading the qualities for the safe-houses. Doesn't hurt that I always had a soft spot for  toolkit supplements that detail where PCs hang their hats.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #40 on: <04-13-12/2327:09> »
Loved the  humor in the game systems section. Funny as it sounds, I got a kick reading the qualities for the safe-houses. Doesn't hurt that I always had a soft spot for  toolkit supplements that detail where PCs hang their hats.
Or their lined coats, as Rikki Ratboy said.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <04-16-12/0454:56> »
Pretty cool book, loved the humor in the jackpointers going back and forth. My only critique is in the qualities. For many of them, they don't really mention what they do mechanically. They add great flavor to a hidey hole, sure, but paying LP, or worse, gaining LP, for qualities that don't seem to have a tangible impact is a little iffy to me. For example, Maid's on Vacation and Hell's Waiting Room. Both are well described and add a nice atmosphere, but I can't really tell what effect either one has.

There's also Leaky Faucet and Noisy Neighborhood, which sound like they have the exact same effect, unable to sleep, but for two different costs.

The actual writing is great though, and I'm glad a resource like this has been made. Nicely done, CanRay. How did you get that Freelancing gig, anyhow?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #42 on: <04-16-12/0839:06> »
Pretty cool book, loved the humor in the jackpointers going back and forth. My only critique is in the qualities. For many of them, they don't really mention what they do mechanically. They add great flavor to a hidey hole, sure, but paying LP, or worse, gaining LP, for qualities that don't seem to have a tangible impact is a little iffy to me. For example, Maid's on Vacation and Hell's Waiting Room. Both are well described and add a nice atmosphere, but I can't really tell what effect either one has.

There's also Leaky Faucet and Noisy Neighborhood, which sound like they have the exact same effect, unable to sleep, but for two different costs.

The actual writing is great though, and I'm glad a resource like this has been made. Nicely done, CanRay. How did you get that Freelancing gig, anyhow?
Maid's On Vacation and Hell's Waiting Room are both RP qualities that should be great ways to earn Karma.  Remember, it's GMs that make Safehouses, not PCs.  Essentially, how do the characters deal with the issues of having to live in a massive mess, or with the psychological raw nerves?

You can do something about Noisy Neighborhood (At the risk of revealing yourself and making some local enemies who might snitch you out), while Leaky Faucet is a part of the building itself and nothing you do will help with it.  (Other than the aforementioned ear plugs or SimDreams V2.7.).

Thanks for the kind words, I thought it was something that would be useful to a lot of groups.  Certainly seems so, as it's still on the Hottest Items list on Drive-Thru RPG as of this date.  ;D

As for landing this gig.  Luck.  Pure and simple.  Right place, right contacts, right time.  Like nailing that one Shadowrun that sets the person up for life.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <04-16-12/1046:29> »

As for landing this gig.  Luck.  Pure and simple.  Right place, right contacts, right time.  Like nailing that one Shadowrun that sets the person up for life.

And a heap of talent, which The Powers That Be have wisely recognized.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #44 on: <04-02-13/0340:40> »
Just a reminder folks that my first book is still available for sale!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11