NEWS

Europe 2072

• 15 Replies

Devil

• Omae
« on: <09-18-10/1419:43> »
What can you tell me about the current state of Europe in 2072? The info I have is very limited.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <09-18-10/1424:30> »
"Europe" is a kind of big place.  Do you have a little more specific question in mind?

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-18-10/1426:21> »
Western Europe. :D

No, It's just something I've been wondering about. I really only know what's up with Ireland. Is there any good reading on the subject?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <09-18-10/1437:38> »
Sixth World Almanac's probably your best bet, at the moment.

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-18-10/1708:21> »
There's as many answers to your questions that there are countries in Europe.
Main info maybe : it's Lofwyr private playground.
And your best bet may be Shadows of Europe, even if it's a 3rd edition sourcebook.
It has been translated in french and adapted to the fourth edition, but I don't know about an adaptation to the fourth in english.
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

Krypter

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-18-10/1723:36> »
Try to find the old Tir Na Nog sourcebook on ebay or amazon. It's all aboot Ireland.
"Degrade first the arts if you'd mankind degrade,
Hire idiots to paint with cold light and hot shade."
-WB

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <09-18-10/1831:11> »
Unless I misread earlier posts, he already knows about Ireland, and he's looking only for the most up-to-date info (IE, changes between 3rd and 4th).  It was my assumption, then, that he's already got Shadows of Europe, London Sourcebook, and Tir na nOg.

And in recent years, it most certainly isn't Lofwyr's playground.  To investigate that angle more fully, just take a look at Dragons of the Sixth World, which shows just how many of the wyrms there are, particularly in Western Europe (Great Britain, for example) that -- between them and rival megacorps -- would dispute that.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-18-10/2012:19> »
Actually I didn't play any of the other editions, so any info, even if a little out of date, might be useful if it gives me an idea of what things are like.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <09-18-10/2022:45> »
Hard to go wrong with Shadows of Europe, then, for sure!  Should be about $20'ish on Amazon...on eBay, right now, I see one currently for 99 cents, with a buy-it-now of just $12.  

It'll be a little out of date, but the only real update since then has been Sixth World Almanac.  SoE is well worth it, and at 240 pages is one of the heftier sourcebooks out there, to boot.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-18-10/2023:37> »
Thanks. 'Priciate it. :)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <09-19-10/0059:07> »
The PDF of Tír na nÓg is also available on DriveThruRPG for $8

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <09-20-10/2025:17> »
Current state of Europe?

Nothing really happening too much preety placid compared to other continents(except for Austalia or North America) except for most countries economically suffering due to the crash or contained warzones such as Balkans and GEMITO(an Italian feral zone), nothing much happening.

Switzerland: Economically messed up after the crash and after the technomancer takeover of Geneva.

Balkans: Still messed up, constant civil war. The worse feral zone in Europe. Far worse than GEMITO.

Allied German States: Arguably the most powerful country in Europe militarilly and economically. The former anarchic city state of Berlin has stabilized due to corporate intervention.
The only problem they have are probably the Toxic mutants and spirits from the SOX area and the polluted North Sea.

France: Stable but economically depressed, just came out of an economic collapse due to the crash and the corporate court sanctions against it.

Russia: Probably the most militarized state in Europe with the largest standing army.

Tir Na Nog: Brink of a civil war between the Elves vs. everybody else( human protestant and catholic paramilitaries, unseelie court and non elven metahuman partisans.
)

UK: Just became stable under a new gov. removing the pro Druid gov. which was leading the UK into a theocractic dictatorship.

raben-aas

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <09-21-10/0601:32> »
The former anarchic city state of Berlin has stabilized <<<insert: SOMEWHAT>>> due to corporate intervention.

One could also say: The former anarchic city state of Berlin has <<<insert: DE>>>stabilized due to corporate intervention.

It all depends on your POV. Luckily, the upcoming Berlin sourcebook offers BOTH. :)

« Last Edit: <09-21-10/0605:31> by raben-aas »
-+-+-+-+-
Visit my Deviantart gallery: http://raben-aas.deviantart.com/gallery/
And my German SR website with lots of equipment: http://www.raben-aas.de/

Texas_Tarantula

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <09-21-10/1234:07> »

Goddamn, that is one scary-looking elf.

raben-aas

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <10-26-10/1041:54> »
The Berlin sourcebook has been released meanwhile.
You can find some preview pages here:
http://www.pegasus.de/1984.html

They are in German (duh), but as they are PDF you may use a translation prog on them (don't ask me how, I just keep hearing that people would love to get German PDFs so that they can get a translation via some function/prog or the other...)

AAS
-+-+-+-+-
Visit my Deviantart gallery: http://raben-aas.deviantart.com/gallery/
And my German SR website with lots of equipment: http://www.raben-aas.de/