NEWS

Mystic Adept Gish (Sum to 10)

• 20 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #15 on: <08-14-17/0001:36> »

Drake's are absolutely meant to be used, toxic mages have always been listed as "not for PC's", of the other 2 characters I have in Chummer 1 is a vampire, so ya, HMHVV is meant to be used as well, and there is at least one novel where one of the runners was a Wendigo, Sam Verner's sister, IIRC.

No clue what Leeroy Jenkins is.

LOL That's all totally adorable. You really think Chummer is a good place to determine character legality? I can't even breath it's just too funny. Why don't you go read about Wendigo, in SR, and come back tell me they should be playable.

My point wasn't legality, my point was that the rules are totally setup for pcs to be allowed to use. And like I said, there's an example of a Wendigo pc in the novels. If you can't fathom how it would work, well your lack of imagination is not my problem. And drop the condescending attitude or just get out of the thread.

I'm really trying my best. You just say the funnest things.  If a GM wants to get crazy with it, and open up everything, then more power to that GM. But just understand the setting is built around certain norms. Take a look at the official Mission rules, or any of major online games on reddit. They will give you a good frame of reference for the norm of the setting.  If you really want decent examples then take a look at the jack pointers, or a couple of the various character example threads that running around here. Most of the major jack pointers can be found in street legends. I can't say they are all prefect examples or anything as they are all more developed then a starting runner is intended to be.But it's it might be useful to you. I think i've made my point as clearly as can. Good Luck.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <08-14-17/0044:50> »
Major Jackpointers, you mean including the ghoul Hannibelle? And the Reddit games, which actually allow HMHVV and other characters once the player has been around a while? Seems I know the setting and expectations better than you.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #17 on: <08-14-17/0055:55> »
Major Jackpointers, you mean including the ghoul Hannibelle? And the Reddit games, which actually allow HMHVV and other characters once the player has been around a while? Seems I know the setting and expectations better than you.

LOL Wow you are some kind special aren't you. I'd read that list and requirements very carefully. LOL
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <08-14-17/0117:41> »
Runnerhub: For the purposes of this document the term Special Characters (also known as Snowflakes) is used to refer to metavariants, metasapients, shapeshifters, changelings, infected characters, AIs and E-Ghosts, as well as characters with the prototype transhuman quality.

Shadownet: You must be active on ShadowNET for at least one month (30 days,) as evidenced by
the date your first character was approved by the character review division. In
addition, you must also have completed five runs, which are to be cited in your first
application with a special sheet. These will be checked.​ Once you meet these
prerequisites you will have unlocked access to Metasapients, Shifters, Changelings
(SURGE III only), ​and Infected Characters.
All Infected​ characters will be sterile​ (they cannot infect other characters)

Hannibelle: Hannibelle is a member of Jackpoint and a ghoul decker.

No need to admit you were wrong, it is plenty obvious.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-15-17/2123:39> »
Is there a specific reason this character is an elf?
You can get a better deal with Magic A Attributes A Resources C Meta E Skills E. In Debt 15 is SUPER HARD on a character. Mages are not too money dependent but you need to earn A LOT every month just to afford living and not getting your kneecaps destroyed.

I'm also surprised that the character is on Ares payroll but has no SINner quality, it's just strange that an AAA corp didn't claim a genemodded mystic adept for themselves.

There is also a good (IMO) option to just take that essence hit, and drop the Prototype quality. Get a used toner 3 + alpha datajack + alpha smartlink combo, use the saved karma to grab some fitrearm skills to be even more effective in combat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only have to buy 5 power points if your essence drops, so that saves you some karma too.

I'd also swap Reaction and Intuition but that's just because I value Intuition a lot.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-15-17/2149:13> »
Is there a specific reason this character is an elf?

The original version was a night one and then I decided I didn't like that so I switched to elf. You are probably right, should be a human.

You can get a better deal with Magic A Attributes A Resources C Meta E Skills E. In Debt 15 is SUPER HARD on a character. Mages are not too money dependent but you need to earn A LOT every month just to afford living and not getting your kneecaps destroyed.

I'm also surprised that the character is on Ares payroll but has no SINner quality, it's just strange that an AAA corp didn't claim a genemodded mystic adept for themselves.

You may be right. And the day job is just a placeholder, I don't know what to take there yet.

There is also a good (IMO) option to just take that essence hit, and drop the Prototype quality. Get a used toner 3 + alpha datajack + alpha smartlink combo, use the saved karma to grab some fitrearm skills to be even more effective in combat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only have to buy 5 power points if your essence drops, so that saves you some karma too.

Mechanically you might be right but I would rather not lose magic.

I'd also swap Reaction and Intuition but that's just because I value Intuition a lot.

I do to. That is why I'm running a sustaining foci to get my intuition up.
« Last Edit: <08-15-17/2216:22> by ShadowcatX »