NEWS

Character Class Question??

• 8 Replies

The_Machine

• Newb
  • Dwarf Street Samurai with a penchant for driving
« on: <05-22-17/2133:49> »
So I am making the driver for my group and I want to be hands on with the car. No autopilot very little grid-guide and all from behind the wheel. I don't think that's called a rigger but i would like some verification on what that would be called. If it helps I double as the street samurai once we are out of the truck.
"Well no one said I couldn't take it."

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-22-17/2231:54> »
VWE ( Vehicle and Weapons Expert ) or alternatively The Transporter or Road Warrior. ;D
Honestly i don't think it has a name,  if your main thing is being the Sammy then I'd go with that.  Or if you're the cybered to the teeth kind of Sammy then go with Mobile Mechanized Cybernetic Bio-Weapon system  :o

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-23-17/0401:10> »
Wheelman may I recommend Vehicle Empathy and Steely eyed wheel man for the same effects as a rigger control rig?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-23-17/0428:03> »
Being a professional driver without a Control Rig is possible - but not nearly as efficient as one with one.
Being a Street Sam has the advantage of a high base Reaction (hopefully). Handling limits will be your biggest concern. Make sure you have the correct tires for the chosen environment, invest maybe in one of the different ways to raise your handling limit and buy a well armored car (Rover or Gopher are a good choice)
the aforementioned qualities won't hurt either.

For what it's called: I'd say it's the Street Sam that loves his car - don't spill anything on the leather seats...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-23-17/0647:11> »
If you want to go lo-tech, playing an adept might be a fun and flavourfull choice, too.

With Improved Ability (Pilot Groundcraft), Improved Reflexes, The Artisians Way etc., you can have a fun time even without a Control rig.
You will need a high quality car for the limits, though. And some dank retro tunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyZQUEMZlCU

Well, and Technomancers with the Resonance Rig Echo might be interesting as well.
JK, they´re still total shit  ::) #NeverForgive #Salty4Life

The_Machine

• Newb
  • Dwarf Street Samurai with a penchant for driving
« Reply #5 on: <05-23-17/1643:39> »
Well Thanks for the help and i guess as clarification I am not closed to being wired in i just wanted my essence and money available to get the Sammy Cyber i would need.
"Well no one said I couldn't take it."

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <05-24-17/0236:42> »
Also may I suggest the Morgan Dune Buggy since you will be driving it yourself you dont need sensors or on board pilot plus it comes with a stock weapon mount

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #7 on: <05-27-17/0223:46> »
So I am making the driver for my group and I want to be hands on with the car. No autopilot very little grid-guide and all from behind the wheel. I don't think that's called a rigger but i would like some verification on what that would be called. If it helps I double as the street samurai once we are out of the truck.

Its call a Street Samurai ..................  with a Truck & some points in Piloting:GroundCraft (Wheeled)

The last Samurai in my current group was the same thing.
Mostly a Sniper/Tank type but spent cash on an Ares Roadmaster because, hey, its always nice to have a (Tank/Armored RV) to keep the bullets away :)

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-11-17/0046:08> »
If you go Resources A:
Control rig [1]  w/Control Rig Optimization is 47600k and just 1.1 ess
That leaves plenty of money for Samurai-ware and an appropriate vehicle.

If you want to go the Adept route...
Resources C: Control Rig [1] Alpha is just .8ess and 53750k... leaving you enough room to fit in cybereyes with Smartlink and your choice of vision.
Leaves room for 5pp worth of powers that might look like: ImpReflexes[3], Combat Sense[1] ImpAbility-Groundcraft[2]
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral