NEWS

Great Spirits and available powere

• 9 Replies

Wolfshade

• Newb
« on: <05-12-17/0732:32> »
  Question, when making a bound spirit into a Great spirit, on the chart for powers, does the spirit only get the one power or everything on the chart to that point?

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-12-17/0735:59> »
Everything on the chart to the point.  What I don't like about it is that it requires Ritual Spellcasting to Invoke to the spirit instead of Summoning or Binding.  You know, like it did in the previous editions.
« Last Edit: <05-12-17/0738:36> by Mulcarn »
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-12-17/0925:45> »
In that regard GREAT FORM POSSESSION from Hard Target (p.134) is an excellent way around having to invest in ritual spellcasting
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Wolfshade

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-13-17/0254:27> »
  Thank you, Greats have always been a bit scary.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-13-17/0350:38> »
Everything on the chart to the point.  What I don't like about it is that it requires Ritual Spellcasting to Invoke to the spirit instead of Summoning or Binding.  You know, like it did in the previous editions.

I'm ok with the change for the most part, although I wouldn't be against being able to use Binding in place of Ritual Spellcasting. It does have the added benefits of having a bit better structure for how to handle Rituals.

The part that I think it is really lacking is that the summoner's Initiate Grade no longer helps with this test. It is an Initiate-only ritual, so I feel like you should be able to add your Initiate Grade to the test for getting a better Great Form.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-13-17/0736:14> »
I find it funny that the force of the spirit is of no consequence. Theoretically you could call a Force 1 Great Form Spirit (Although you'd likely want a way to increase the limits for the available powers)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <05-13-17/0802:33> »
With the Spectral Warden Quality from FA you can substitute summoningbinding for ritual spellcasting.
Well, and you can never not bind a spirit, and spirits think you're a huge asshole. Them's the breaks. ^^
« Last Edit: <05-13-17/1148:31> by UnLimiTeD »
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-13-17/1134:56> »
Just read up on the quality.  Spirits getting powers for every 2 points of force instead of 3 is a huge boon.  Giving up on spontaneous summoning sucks eggs.  That's a deal breaker for me.  Then again, it does free up those skill points to be used on something else though.  I really like and hate this quality.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <05-13-17/1148:48> »
Greatform Shadow Spirits *cough*.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-13-17/1207:53> »
Great Form Toxics with Paradigm Shift as well because frag all, why not.  Get a Karma refund too for... no reason.   Probably because somebody else thought it was cool idea and felt they were handicapped as they were.