NEWS

Super Hero Conversion

• 33 Replies

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <03-16-17/0031:58> »
Echolocation as a sense has existed in SR before.
Moon Dolphin:Enhanced Senses (Sonar),
So, the argument that it's purely a sensor function doesn't really hold.

If you are going to argue that the cost of the adept is too low in comparison to the usefulness of echolocation: well,there I might have to agree,

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <03-16-17/0052:36> »
Flash
Focused summoner with channeling and a possessing ally spirit, granting him movement continuously

Better version of Flash:
Athlete's Way Adept, following the Horse Mentor (can learn Movement as a metamagic), with Skate, Wall Running, Inertia Strike (for that Mach Punch), and Super High Agility.
« Last Edit: <03-16-17/0055:01> by Kiirnodel »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <03-16-17/0357:58> »
@Kiirnodel
I thought about using Horse, but it's only three times a day movement for a round - hardly enough to count as the flash.

@Daredevil
There is the motion sense power, combine that with surge for bio sonar and you are pretty close to the Daredevil.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-16-17/0459:43> »
@Kiirnodel
I thought about using Horse, but it's only three times a day movement for a round - hardly enough to count as the flash.

Is there an extra clarification somewhere? Where does it say it only lasts for a Combat Turn?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <03-16-17/0638:13> »
Huh? Now that I read the power again, I can't find that rule either. Maybe it's in my German copy. Got to read up once I get home.

Hm, in that case it would indeed be better - especially if you combine it with a Wakyambi Elf and their innate celerity or a surged Nocturna

Edit:
Still, a channeled spirit has the benefit of also increasing your physical attributes and you can call up a spirit with a rating up to double your magic (+1 with that one quality). And since spirit rating equals their magic rating you could get vastly improved movement multiplicators

Surged Nocturna with maxed AGI (+exceptional attribute) with a channeled F15 spirit has a modified AGI of 13 and a run speed of 72m/turn. With movement you can tune that up to 1080m/turn or 360 m/s or 1296 km/h.
That's above the speed of sound, so not to shabby (and you better have a spirit co-pilot to help you plot your course)
« Last Edit: <03-16-17/0650:15> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Nightmaster

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <03-16-17/1523:21> »
I asked "by the rules" those are it.  :D

Unfortunaly the Shadowrun Flash is still slower than even a 0.38 special bullet  :P

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <03-16-17/1524:15> »
Yeah, not saying the possession spirit route doesn't result in a closer proximity to the powers, or a potentially more powerful character. But an adept would probably be closer to the concept of the original superhero. Plus the Adept gets access to Athlete's way Supernatural Prowess (use Magic+Grade in place of any Physical Attribute) which after a few initiations is just unreal in terms of potential.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #22 on: <03-17-17/0101:41> »

Unfortunaly the Shadowrun Flash is still slower than even a 0.38 special bullet  :P

yea, but that's the way it will be for any "super" hero conversion to Shadowrun really.

1973, Superman saves a freaking SOLAR SYSTEM by tying the Sun, the planets and all the moon's in one long freaking daisy  chain with wonder Woman's  Lasso and then flew them away from a black hole.... And then on page 3 he got on with that year's Plot point. You know, no big deal....

During the original Civil War Wolverine cross-over, Wolverine regenerates from a tiny bit of grey matter left over in his skull after getting blown up by Nuke.... No big deal, just walked if off like a trooper...

AND THEN there was that time in the Havok/Wolverine cross-over where Havok Absorbs the energy output of a Nuclear reactor sabotaged with weapons grade material to emit a blast "That will destroy all of eastern Russia and China in nuclear fire!! MUHAHAHAHAH!!". Then had a vodka tonic with Polaris in hotel that same afternoon.... Cause, you know, THAT works in comic science...... <Hint: it would cause the reactor to go inert, not go into meltdown>

And don't get me started on Flash, the man so fast, he out runs time!! And then fixes it BEFORE he does it... 

No, I am proud to say, SR keeps it in more Science then Fiction in their Sci-Fi writings...

< And for the record, there has been some great Super Hero games out there... Palladium has a fair system laid out in 3+ books. the old School TSR did a licensed Marvel game that was great - because it gave us the FASE RIP system!!! >

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Nightmaster

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <03-17-17/0928:17> »

yea, but that's the way it will be for any "super" hero conversion to Shadowrun really.

1973, Superman saves a freaking SOLAR SYSTEM by tying the Sun, the planets and all the moon's in one long freaking daisy  chain with wonder Woman's  Lasso and then flew them away from a black hole.... And then on page 3 he got on with that year's Plot point. You know, no big deal....

During the original Civil War Wolverine cross-over, Wolverine regenerates from a tiny bit of grey matter left over in his skull after getting blown up by Nuke.... No big deal, just walked if off like a trooper...

AND THEN there was that time in the Havok/Wolverine cross-over where Havok Absorbs the energy output of a Nuclear reactor sabotaged with weapons grade material to emit a blast "That will destroy all of eastern Russia and China in nuclear fire!! MUHAHAHAHAH!!". Then had a vodka tonic with Polaris in hotel that same afternoon.... Cause, you know, THAT works in comic science...... <Hint: it would cause the reactor to go inert, not go into meltdown>

And don't get me started on Flash, the man so fast, he out runs time!! And then fixes it BEFORE he does it... 

No, I am proud to say, SR keeps it in more Science then Fiction in their Sci-Fi writings...

< And for the record, there has been some great Super Hero games out there... Palladium has a fair system laid out in 3+ books. the old School TSR did a licensed Marvel game that was great - because it gave us the FASE RIP system!!! >
First I was comenting only

Second I never considered those freak exagerations of the 70'-80'

My coment is because at least by concept alone, the Flash should be at least 30% faster than a revolver/pistol bullet. That is around 900-1000 m/s (depending on the caliber and gun used).

That level of speed is not the same as the speed of light or other shenanigans of comic books in my opinion.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-17-17/1008:18> »
Well, you just need to initiate and raise magic enough times until you have a strong enough spirit to increase your speed even more.  ;)
talk think matrix

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <03-17-17/1017:14> »
Second I never considered those freak exagerations of the 70'-80'
Oh it gets worse when you go back further.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Nightmaster

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <03-20-17/0954:59> »
Well, you just need to initiate and raise magic enough times until you have a strong enough spirit to increase your speed even more.  ;)
Ok but since I dont have the 5e, how much higher would need be the spirit to achiev that threshold of 30% faster than a revolver/pistol bullet (900-1000 m/s)?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-20-17/1048:40> »
Ok but since I dont have the 5e, how much higher would need be the spirit to achiev that threshold of 30% faster than a revolver/pistol bullet (900-1000 m/s)?

The necessary data is all in my post:
Still, a channeled spirit has the benefit of also increasing your physical attributes and you can call up a spirit with a rating up to double your magic (+1 with that one quality). And since spirit rating equals their magic rating you could get vastly improved movement multiplicators

Surged Nocturna with maxed AGI (+exceptional attribute) with a channeled F15 spirit has a modified AGI of 13 and a run speed of 72m/turn. With movement you can tune that up to 1080m/turn or 360 m/s or 1296 km/h.
That's above the speed of sound, so not to shabby (and you better have a spirit co-pilot to help you plot your course)

A turn is 3 seconds, so 72m/turn as base is 24m/s

900m/s / 24 m/s = 37.5
So you need a F38 spirit, which you can theoretically call if you are a mage with a magic of 19.
So starting with magic 7 you only need 12 initiations (354 Karma) and 12 Magic increases (810 Karma)

A small price for being able to outrun a bullet, but being unable to actually perceive it (or anything at all really with those high speeds) ;)
talk think matrix

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <03-20-17/1052:09> »
I thought you got a point of magic with every initiation.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <03-20-17/1107:43> »
You are thinking of adepts who can get power points as an alternative to a meta magic.

Otherwise: HAHAHAHAHA... no.
talk think matrix