NEWS

Super Hero Conversion

• 33 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #30 on: <03-20-17/2117:06> »
Well, you just need to initiate and raise magic enough times until you have a strong enough spirit to increase your speed even more.  ;)
Ok but since I dont have the 5e, how much higher would need be the spirit to achiev that threshold of 30% faster than a revolver/pistol bullet (900-1000 m/s)?

The necessary data is all in my post:
Still, a channeled spirit has the benefit of also increasing your physical attributes and you can call up a spirit with a rating up to double your magic (+1 with that one quality). And since spirit rating equals their magic rating you could get vastly improved movement multiplicators

Surged Nocturna with maxed AGI (+exceptional attribute) with a channeled F15 spirit has a modified AGI of 13 and a run speed of 72m/turn. With movement you can tune that up to 1080m/turn or 360 m/s or 1296 km/h.
That's above the speed of sound, so not to shabby (and you better have a spirit co-pilot to help you plot your course)

A turn is 3 seconds, so 72m/turn as base is 24m/s

900m/s / 24 m/s = 37.5
So you need a F38 spirit, which you can theoretically call if you are a mage with a magic of 19.
So starting with magic 7 you only need 12 initiations (354 Karma) and 12 Magic increases (810 Karma)

A small price for being able to outrun a bullet, but being unable to actually perceive it (or anything at all really with those high speeds) ;)

SHHHH!!!!!!!!

Stop giving away my travel secrets!!!!

Posted by: Ghost Rigger
« on: Today at 10:52:09 »
I thought you got a point of magic with every initiation

Nope. After you pay for the "privilege" of an initiation @ 10 + (Grade x 3) Karma, You get to shell out an other MR x 5 Karma for the new Magic Rating :P

But yes, it is SO, SO worth it :D   
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <03-21-17/1315:51> »
Well, you just need to initiate and raise magic enough times until you have a strong enough spirit to increase your speed even more.  ;)
Ok but since I dont have the 5e, how much higher would need be the spirit to achiev that threshold of 30% faster than a revolver/pistol bullet (900-1000 m/s)?

The necessary data is all in my post:
Still, a channeled spirit has the benefit of also increasing your physical attributes and you can call up a spirit with a rating up to double your magic (+1 with that one quality). And since spirit rating equals their magic rating you could get vastly improved movement multiplicators

Surged Nocturna with maxed AGI (+exceptional attribute) with a channeled F15 spirit has a modified AGI of 13 and a run speed of 72m/turn. With movement you can tune that up to 1080m/turn or 360 m/s or 1296 km/h.
That's above the speed of sound, so not to shabby (and you better have a spirit co-pilot to help you plot your course)

A turn is 3 seconds, so 72m/turn as base is 24m/s

900m/s / 24 m/s = 37.5
So you need a F38 spirit, which you can theoretically call if you are a mage with a magic of 19.
So starting with magic 7 you only need 12 initiations (354 Karma) and 12 Magic increases (810 Karma)

A small price for being able to outrun a bullet, but being unable to actually perceive it (or anything at all really with those high speeds) ;)

SHHHH!!!!!!!!

Stop giving away my travel secrets!!!!

Posted by: Ghost Rigger
« on: Today at 10:52:09 »
I thought you got a point of magic with every initiation

Nope. After you pay for the "privilege" of an initiation @ 10 + (Grade x 3) Karma, You get to shell out an other MR x 5 Karma for the new Magic Rating :P

But yes, it is SO, SO worth it :D

-glances at my MAG 20+ shaman- Pfft, I see your spirit shenanigans and raise you one Astral Shift spell.  ;D
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #32 on: <03-21-17/1510:50> »
That's my initation count...

13 more runs and I can get my 21st initation and raise my magic to 26! (Lost an essence due to ware)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <03-21-17/1517:34> »
That's my initation count...

13 more runs and I can get my 21st initation and raise my magic to 26! (Lost an essence due to ware)

Same thing with mine. She was forcefully implanted with a datajack and fed dreamchips (Because Aztech is a monumental dick). Her MAG is currently at 25.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.