NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

• 377 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #90 on: <03-27-17/1603:15> »
While planting evidence is an interesting idea, it is not within the scope of your orders. You don't know for sure, but it's reasonable to speculate that the Sioux powers-that-be want to send a message to the UCAS powers-that-be. Colonel Howling Bear's instructions to remain non-lethal for "counting coup" purposes would certainly suggest that.

@Pap
You don't need to spot the base targets, either Host or device. Given your proximity and the lack of other devices in the area, I can't envision a scenario in which you wouldn't eventually spot them, even if they were hidden. If you want to roll Perception for something which you can't physically see but simply suspect is there, go ahead and do so.

Let's have you hack the Host and then, once inside, target individual devices. The Host's dice pool to resist will be 10 if you're Close or 12 if you're Near.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #91 on: <03-27-17/2345:44> »
Bearing in mind that the Sioux probably have some specific strategic and political goals, the orders have been provided in that direction. I am thinking it would not be up to a lowly team of Wildcats to decide they wanted to create an international or intenation-corp-whatever-political-entity-al by planting evidence. If that was the intent, all good, but otherwise this would be grounds for serious WTF.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #92 on: <03-28-17/1312:05> »
As Chante touches on in Jayde's last IC, the Watchers are going to be the trickiest thing for us to move around.  There was some talk about us moving around their LoS, but at some point we're going to be coming up pretty close to them, or we aren't going to be able to access the radar dishes.  What does everyone think our best play is here? 

Particularly of interest to Shiriki, there's also the paracritters to keep in mind.  If any are present and outside -- not terribly likely, but we shouldn't discount it -- they be under or have natural Concealment, so Shiriki wouldn't have picked them up on his drone feeds.  Astral scouting would be the best bet of finding out whether or not we need to prepare for that, but again the Watchers come into play.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #93 on: <03-28-17/1352:16> »
The best bet is can see is sneaking around them as long as possible before (the awakened can spot them and paint their positions on the pitac) running as far as they can to complete their objectives before a response is mustered. It would be nice to trap the soldiers in their barracks but not likely feasible. A distraction to draw attention away from the objectives if things go ploin shaped might be useful, ready to go, the digging equipment seems appropriate by the rigger or hackers.

Beware those earth spirits if they're retasked in the event of trouble. It also means there's at least one mage nearby. We could also wait to time our approach to dawn, especially if the blizzard persists.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <03-28-17/1408:36> »
Watchers are earnest but dumb. I'll accept Stealth rolls to maneuver around them, as it is a very large perimeter and there will be gaps in the watcher patrol. (@Jayde, do you have a scale available for your nifty map?) Same with the Doberman drones. From a practical standpoint, what it means is that I"ll be calling for periodic Stealth rolls for anyone who is on the base. You could spoof the drones to make that component easier.

Not to solve all your problems for you but to spur some thinking, Dan-Dan's movement powers could be used to go over the fence, likely by running up a tree, skating along a branch, and jumping over. His Traceless Walk will help prevent footprints in the snow that might draw suspicion, although the storm is fierce enough that most footprints will disappear relatively quickly anyway.

Some of the more relevant questions will be how comfortable are you sending a small portion of the team to do the dirty deed while the remainder remain in reserve, or do you want to go as a group but increase your risk of detection. Conceivably Chante could cast Invisibility on Dan-Dan or Swoopy and provide coaching on watcher patrols while Ité runs technological interference, but if Dan-Dan or Swoopy gets spotted while they are on their own then they are probably fragged. And that doesn't get the team to the extract vehicle either. Just some food for thought.

@Pap Let's get those hacking rolls up. See my last post. Once you're in the host, you can make Spoof rolls (once per class of target, like turrets, or drones, or security sensors, etc.).

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #95 on: <03-28-17/1756:50> »
Can Shiriki Teamwork the Hacking tests?  If it helps, I'll toss the GM a Plot Point by spending my own.  Maybe something along the lines of, "Back in my day, we'd always put in a backup IOP for admin level functions.  If you see a little triangle that doesn't look like it does anything, give that fragger a quick smack, and see if it'll let you in."

If the answer is a yes, and Pap gets to his rolls before I respond, feel free to roll for me, Pap.  His Hacking pool is 13 dice.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #96 on: <03-28-17/2348:31> »

Shiriki teamwork test to mark the host and get in w/out being noticed.
LOG 7 + Hacking 5 + VR 1 -Far 4 = 9
Mark the Host teamwork Shriki: 9d6t5 2

My roll
LOG 5 + Hacking 6 + Specilization 2 + VR 1 + Codeslinger 2 Teamwork 2 - Far 4= 14
Pre-Edge, so 15 dice needing 4s
Mark Host: 15d6t4 6

You didn't list Host rating so  I'll use 12 dice
Host Defense: 12d6h5 2

So I'm in like flint.
How many turrets, drones and sensor suites do I see hooked up to the Host's WAN?
Also, are there any visible spiders?

Finally, Perception test to spot hidden spider.
LOG 5 + WIL 5 =10
Perception: 10d6t5 4

Shiriki and my body should be hidden under foliage since we'll both be in VR.
I suggest the Flyspys stay in the area so Shiriki can monitor for threats.
The gun drone should probably go along with the main party.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #97 on: <03-29-17/0215:05> »
As a suggestion pap, I think part of the Anarchy feel is that you are free to provide basic enemy layouts, even as a player, and even roll against them and manipulate them as you see fit. If the prime GM Tec wants to change that, he can introduce additional challenges or provide the final "..or at least that's what Ite hoped would happen; instead..." if he needs to retcon. Or you can work in the reasonably generic, ..."and with that Ite started feeding the turrets a looping image through their sensors.." type thing. I think in general the point of Anarchy is to make sure you test for the major muscle movements and get the big narrative shifts down without getting into blow by blow. If you say Ite see's six turrets,  equidistant inside the perimeter, thats what there is. Until someone narrates "Unfortunately, Ite missed that grunts, being grunts, didn't trust the high and mighty deckers, and had their own light support turrets wired to a simple non networked tactical control station. Chante learned this the hard way..."

I also suspect one of the reasons dicepools, attacks, actions per narrative are deliberately kept lower through deprivation of gear and lots of gee-whiz special circumstance rules like burst fire/recoil comp/etc is to always keep the odds possible - not highly probable, but possible - to do less than stellarly on these big moves. So, in my admittedly not the GM's opinion, if as a player you conduct two to three rolls, you can feel free to more or less control the narrative.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <03-29-17/0315:01> »
@Pap, I had said to use 10 dice for the Host if you were hacking from Close and 12 dice if you were hacking from Near, although in hindsight it does make more sense to put the Noise as a negative modifier on the hacker rather than a positive modifier for the hacked. What you rolled works great. Ité hacks the Host easily.

@Pap & Glorious Glorious is right that I'm comfortable with people announcing what they find, and Glorious did a great job of that when he outlined the base's defenses. I upgraded the fence and tossed in some drones, both in the "yes, and..." spirit of Anarchy. We're using Jayde's map, which - for those who are curious - depicts a Russian/Soviet anti-ballistic missile system.

[spoiler]"The Daryal series consists of two large phased array radars (LPARs), one of which is a transmitter and one of which is a receiver."
Map location is 65°12'37.88"N 57°17'07.64"E. Google Maps link here. It's in Siberia.[/spoiler]

I also know that the "I don't know, what do you see?" mentality is a distinct change in habit for a lot of players and will take some getting used to. If someone isn't comfortable making a decision like this then I can contribute (or someone else can) until we're all in the rhythm of adding and responding to what the previous person built. With that in mind, here's what Ité finds:

- The fence is ~1400m east-west and ~450m north-south, for a total perimeter of ~3700 meters.
- The fence does not appear to be currently electrified, nor does it appear to have any motion sensors active.
- There are 38 turrets around the perimeter, approximately every 100 meters. They only point away from the base; they cannot be used to target something within the base, which we'll define as something inside the fence perimeter. The turrets have 180 degree cone of fire horizontally and 160 degree cone of fire vertically. The turrets have low-light, thermo, and ultrasound sensors.
- The only active drones are the Dobermen. There is a hangar with other medium and large drones - e.g. roto-drones, Dalmations, Steel Lynxes - that are not active at the moment.
- There is a security spider who is not hidden. There is plenty of IC on patrol too.

At some time when it's not midnight, I'll cook up a table to keep track of Edge and Plot Points.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #99 on: <03-29-17/0724:49> »
Dan could easily sneak past the sentries and watchers if his orders gave him latitude to do so (he's currently acting as reserve).

For the sneaking, should Dan take it as read or add dice for his sneaking? There's also mentor Cat (2 dice) and Catlike (2 dice)? Does the storm add dice? Do traceless walk, wall running and light body?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <03-30-17/1419:53> »
The forums were down most of the day yesterday. Looks like they're back up now.

@MDMann The Catlike quality adds +2 for Stealth tests. Mentor Spirit (Cat) adds +1 for Stealth tests OR Athletics tests, but not both. Pick which one you want the bonus to apply to and record it on your sheet under Qualities.

Wall Running, Light Body, and Traceless Walk are movement powers. They do not add to your Stealth roll. If you were in a situation where you were at risk to be heard, I would subtract dice from the defender's Perception pool to represent Traceless Walk, but right now your risk is being seen.

Whether or not the storm hinders the defenders depends on which ones they are. For example, the watchers could give a shit about the storm. Defenders with thermographics - dwarves, trolls, drones, turrets - will be able to see hot blobs moving around in the icy conditions. Humans, elves, and orks are worse off since there's little ambient light for them to use, even if they have low-light vision.

Dan-Dan does have an excellent Stealth pool and can likely slip by the sentries but first he has to get past the turrets and the fence.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #101 on: <03-30-17/1452:40> »
The forums were down most of the day yesterday. Looks like they're back up now.

I was wondering why I could not get on for over a day.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <03-30-17/1457:45> »
We're back up now.

@Pap Ité is in the host. Think about what you want to hack next. Feel free to IC what you've done and what you see so far.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #103 on: <03-30-17/1940:45> »
MDMann, the 'plan' is 'in place' but every man's voice on this team is given as much credence as the Commanding Officers... if Dan Dan has an idea, he should offer it.  You can also continue your narrative and get the affirmative from the team and then execute so we aren't having to wait for others to chim ein.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #104 on: <03-30-17/2224:59> »
Sneaking About The Base: AGI 5 + Stealth 5 + Bioware Agi 2 + Chameleon 2: 5#14d6t5 4 2 4 5 5

Sneakity sneak, sneak. An Edge re-roll for that second way sub optimal sneaking...

Sneaking About The Base EDGE! 2 hits/14 prior, 12 dice now: 12d6t5 5

Total of 7 hits on the second bit o sneaking...looking alright.