NEWS

{5e} Two weapon attack

• 5 Replies

Scott1228

• Newb
« on: <03-16-17/1006:40> »
Ok I've read most of the post on dual wielding weapons. So here are my questions:
    To make a melee attack is a complex action/ but if I add the Multiple attack free action it allows me to make another attack with a off hand weapon( with penalty and split of dice pool)? I believe I am correct so far. So now going to add the common sense part , Both melee attacks would have to be against same target ? due to the lack of other possible targets in melee.
      Now going to add in the Martial Arts style from R&G(p130) Fiore Dei Liberi and the Two Weapon Attack maneuver . This says that if both weapons have a reach of 1 or 0 and are readied they are treated as one weapon and increases the DV and ACC by 1 of the longer of the 2 . So is this to mean that you would not have to split the dice pool for the preset increase?   

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-16-17/1016:16> »
First point : nothing prevents you from being engaged in melee against several opponents. Ok, not 12 of them, but 2 or 3 seems reasonable to me, allowing you to attack both of them.

Then, regarding Fiore Dei Liberi, in that case your second weapon is provided a statistic bonus to the first one (better damage and accuracy) but you only perform 1 attack. It's a "single attack with 2 weapons maneuver". As it is a single attack, you do not split your dice pool.
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Scott1228

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-16-17/1052:05> »
So begs the question is it worth the 7 karma for the martial arts style for a simple +1 increase. Or putting that to a stat or skill increase and just adding say custom grip to add a +1 acc

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-16-17/1128:08> »
This MA technique is one of the stronger options in R&G. Gaining +1 ACC +1 DV is huge, turning two combat knives into the equivalent of a katana.
Especially the additional ACC is a very hard to come by commodity for melee. Custom Grip is certainly cheaper and enough in the beginning, but once you start wasting successes despite that mod, you'll soon see the attractiveness of this too.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-16-17/1437:11> »
So begs the question is it worth the 7 karma for the martial arts style for a simple +1 increase. Or putting that to a stat or skill increase and just adding say custom grip to add a +1 acc

It depends on how many dice you're rolling and how many hits you're wasting.  Since we're talking about martial arts, I'd guess you're rolling a fair number of dice, so yeah, it's worth it.

While karma is a theoretically infinite resource, the ways in which you can allocate it to improve a specific thing are capped.  You'll hit the skill cap, the augmented attribute cap, the Essence cap, whatever.  7 karma for +1 DV/+1 Accuracy is going to be a better ROI much earlier on than the late stages of those options.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Scott1228

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-17-17/0957:15> »
So in the beta tech mode of the character with Ambidexterity 
  Urban Tomahawk x 2
  Agi 7 blades 6 with spec 8 = 15
 Acc 8 Dv 8p
So lead weapon baring any penalties would be 8 dice with off hand at 7
Now add in style it would be 1 hit at Acc 9 and Dv 9p with 15 dice baring penalties

Now also considering an Adept version of this build as well wanted to see hoe the tech on looked first