NEWS

[SR5] Character Creation help (troll like technician from payday 2)

• 2 Replies

Arkeus

• Newb
« on: <03-12-17/1529:03> »
Hello,

One of my players is wanting to switch from a troll technomancer/soldier to a more technician type from Payday 2. Any tips on creating something like that? He really likes demolitions, large weapons and turrets. I'm not sure how he would do the turrets without getting into rigging.

Thank you for your help guys!

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-13-17/0555:28> »
Err big demolitions doesn't really work for a shadowrunner unless you're going full Pink Mohawk, as a secondary skill set sure but as your focus? Not so much. If your settings allow it though it's not that hard to do, get a good Heavy Weapons and Demolitions skill with a decent LOG to back it up, maybe throwing weapons as well if you want grenades.

For Turrets you could just have drones working with autosofts instead of jumping in, anyone can buy and use a RCC. If the GM allows it the troll could carry a MCT Gun Turret around for the fun of it (though using a Doberman is better for only 1k extra nuyen).

Priorities will likely be something like : B - Metatype, C - Attributes, E - Mundane, D - Skills, A - Resources.

Arkeus

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-13-17/1218:22> »
Thanks Kuirem! I've not looked too much into rigging for 5th edition since the core book didn't cover it too well and my players have been avoiding it for the most part. My troll player just bought us Rigger 5.0 though so now I've got to dig in before our next session this weekend. The group started more seriously and has kind of evolved into Pink Mohawk. I'll share this with him and see what he thinks. I like the idea of just using a drone army with autosofts so he can still run around as the troll.

Thanks again!