NEWS

[5e] Hacking from within a drone?

• 2 Replies

nerankori

• Newb
« on: <03-06-17/2146:32> »
Let's say for example that I am rigging a drone with my own body waiting fairly far from the scene of the activity.

And I also have an implanted cyberdeck,and so I want to attempt to control/brick a device to help my team.

In that case,is it possible for me to hack a device without jumping out of a control-rigged drone?

I'm already aware that you can't use a cyberdeck and an RCC at the same time,but what about a single control rig?

And if so,do I get any noise reduction for using the drone as a node?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-06-17/2202:00> »
Being jumped into a Vehicle or Drone does not preclude you from other Matrix actions.  However, whatever device you used to form a Persona will be your Matrix stats.

If you've got an RCC, I'd recommend the Mod "Add a Matrix Stat" and then "Increase Matrix Stat" then run Smoke and Mirrors to get Sleaze up.  Hope you never run into Encrypted files.  Likely you're going to want to slave Drones to your RCC and not a Deck. 

Your Drone will not reduce noise penalties.  Your Noise penalties are calculated from the target device to your meat body.

There is, in Rigger 5, a vehicle mod call Retrans Unit under Electromagnetic Vehicle Mods that your GM may let you install in a drone.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-07-17/1310:20> »
Think a viable tactic is to give a drone like a p5 a datatap make it drive up to target vechile latch on and force an access point for your hacker to assume control