NEWS

Physadept medic anarchy prime advice

• 5 Replies

MDMann

• Chummer
« on: <03-05-17/0235:42> »
Hi all,

I'd like some advice on building a prime physical adept medic for anarchy prime.

The runs are likely to be combat heavy as we're all Sioux Wildcats. We all take Sinner and the other players are currently a gun bunny fire support and rigger/decker. There's space for one more but we'll see.

I'm thinking straight human with no ware (though I might be convinced) at the moment. I'm working on a background but can tweak it depending on build. Super optimisation isn't important to me but I'm after viability and interesting things for storylines.

The house rules are:

As mentioned in the initial post, chargen rules are going to be different because you are Wildcats. There will not be a cap on the number of skills you can have at chargen. Quite the opposite; see below.

1. Create a Character Theme (Character Name) - You've already started on themes.
2. Choose Game Level - Prime
3. Choose Metatype - Any of the core races
4. Decide if your character is Awakened or Emerged - Any
5. Assign Attribute Points - Any, but be wary of dumpstats
6. Assign Skill Points - Due to your rigorous training, you are understood to have ALL ACTIVE SKILLS at a base rating of 2. Exceptions include the Awakened and Emerged skills. Yes, that's still 20 skills that you know. Of course you may add your 14 skill points to the base rating of 2 as you see fit. Would an actual Wildcat be even more awesome than this? Probably, but we need to leave some room for improvement via karma.
6a. Knowledge Skills - You are understood to know things relevant to military training and tactics, including Plains Indian sign language, so pick something else.
7. Add Shadow Amps - Let’s start with the base 14 and see what the characters look like, with the understanding that karma will help develop some of the amps as we play. See below for house rules.
8. Add Qualities - SINner (Sioux Nation) is your default Negative Quality. If you wish to take another negative quality for story/character purposes - one that wouldn't preclude you from service - you may pick a third positive quality too to compensate.
9. Assign Armor - Everyone gets full body armor (12) with Insulation (because it will be winter) without paying a skill point for it. If you want to upgrade the armor (e.g. chameleon coating) you have to shadow amp it.
10. Select Weapons - The base 3 weapons (any), but you must be able to carry them all on your person simultaneously. You will have a chance to change this later as you learn about the op and decide how you want to kit out for it.
11. Select Gear - You are understood to be carrying the basics, like a tactical communication system, glasses or goggles if you don't have cybereyes, multitool, etc. Pick other things.
12. Create Cues - as usual
13. Create Character Background - as usual
14. Final Tweaking - as usual

Other notes: we don't really need a face in the sense of the Negotiation and Con skills. I'm not saying those skills won't get used, but we don't need a character dedicated to them.

Three players is enough, especially with the skill boosts listed above. We can accommodate a fourth if one shows up. I will not be NPCing anyone. If you drop, you die. More on this later.

Knowing the above, you are free to tweak your concepts. A fire support gunbunny, a mysad/medic, and a rigger/decker would cover all bases. That said, the fire support could just as easily be from magic as bullets, which could then free up the medic to be a pure physad if that's what MDMann prefers.

House Rules
1) Assault Rifles are -2 at Near ranges. This is to provide a use-case for SMGs and machine pistols.
2) An individual piece of bioware and cyberware will never cost more than its base Essence, even if you upgrade it. Cyberarms will never cost more than 1 Essence, for example, no matter what their shadow amp level is. This is to provide mundane characters an equal opportunity to advance as Awakekend characters without being limited by Essence.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-05-17/0946:41> »
"Medic" is one skill, one stat, and doesn't really need any Amps since it's not opposed.  Max out your Logic and Biotech skill, *poof* Medic.

If you want to be mundane, be mundane.  When you pick your Amps just pick gear, vehicle or drone Amps.  Easy Peasy. 

With Prime runner you've got nearly maxed out stats across the board and if you're starting with every skill in the game, you really don't need to "optimize", just pick a couple things to be slightly better at.

It's Anarchy, you don't really need to crunch numbers, work on your Cues and such.

There is an Anarchy sub-form with a character thread for inspiration if you need it.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <03-05-17/1047:12> »
Thanks.

I'm not after being mundane. I was more for avoiding wares, so the essence and magic remained high, even though it's not optimal. I can be convinced but would rather not.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-05-17/1232:06> »
Thanks.

I'm not after being mundane. I was more for avoiding wares, so the essence and magic remained high, even though it's not optimal. I can be convinced but would rather not.

Shadow Amps all work the same no matter Magic, Cyber, or Gear.  If you don't want 'wares, just don't write down "Cyberware" on any of your Amps.  Write down "Chameleon Coating" or "Boost Agility" or whatever.  The only reason to take Cyberware in Anarchy is for character reasons, just like the only reason to take Awakened or Resonance Amps is for character reasons.  The Basic Amps all work the same, + X Dice for test Y that cost X+1, fluff to taste.

Thanael

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <03-11-17/1037:55> »
I havnt read Anarchy yet, but I have a Canadian/NAN dwarf physad medic sioux wildcat concept. Looks like Willie Nelson, i.e. caucasian bearded and with pigtails.

Take bear mentor spirit, sneaking & melee combat skills and powers, maybe enhanced strength.  Quite high Body and Strength, good agi. Sneak, survival, melee combat, fire support.

Mine later fell out with the wildcats, and became a smuggler and runner, later to join the Red Hot Nukes.

I dubbed him Short Bear.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <03-11-17/1408:29> »
Post it and I'll adjust to flavour. I'll go human and cat mentor so more sneaky with edge.