NEWS

[5e] SR:Missions- Rigger+Decker

• 8 Replies

Derfmancher

• Newb
« on: <02-05-17/1407:30> »
Hello all!

To start off.. First post! Yaayy..!

Now that I have that out of the way.. I am looking for assistance building a Missions legal Rigger+Decker. His role as a decker would be as meatworld combat support, and some utility use. (Jammers and such). As a decker he would do the normal matrix-y things. Brick guns, hack enemy drones, etc.

Here are my direct questions:

1. When building a character like this (Rigger+Decker) is there such a thing as 'too many' or 'not enough' drones?
2. Keeping in mind #1, what drone groups, or individuals would fit the role well?
3. How would you split your cash?
4. Any skills I am totally going to overlook? Currently working with taking Decker skills, and Rigger skills, respectively.. and adding in some others as needed (Pistols and such).
5. Any other specific or general advice for this sort of build, within Missions limits?

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-06-17/2237:25> »
Welcome! Hope you'll enjoy your stay.

I don't want to discourage you or something, but best combat support you can do as a Decker is to shoot someone.
As far as I know, missions don't go too hard on players in the Matrix, but I don't know the details.

Just a first reply to get this topic going.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Derfmancher

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-08-17/1533:53> »
Thank you for the response. I suppose I got myself flipped around. As a Rigger his job would be meatworld combat support, with the decking side focused on sleaze.

Ive bounce around a few ideas, and gotten the skill sorted out, but I can't seem to totally make up my mind on some good drones for him to take. He has the funds to do a few, however since he isnt a dedicated rigger I wont be getting him an RCC. Everything he does as a rigger will mostly be as a direct control, or fire and forget sorts of uses.

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <02-08-17/1618:11> »
RotoDrone is the best all around "workhorse/combat" drone for a Rigger.(It's relatively cheap, has solid body/armor for a drone, can fly AND gets additional weapon slots, whats not to like)
For stealth use Noizquito(or Flyspy without Rigger5).
They all use the same skill too, so no need to worry about skill points too much.

Drones are pretty fragile in combat, so best use long range weapons like assault rifles/snipers, so the enemy has targets closer at hand to shoot at.
Also keep in mind that without an RCC your drones will be capped at Dicepools of 6 outside of direct control(or lots of money invested), so fire and forget might not be a possibility....unless you were being very literal.

Derfmancher

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-08-17/1634:58> »
The fire and forget comment was mostly directed at drones that won't be engaging directly (overwatch sensors, a parked ECM/Jammer, etc)

Ive already decided on the Rotodrone. What do you mean about multiple weapons? The Noizquito is specifically missions banned.. but I've already picked up a Fly-Spy. Let me drop my list in and see if you all have any recommendations. Part of me wants to take my two rotodrones and pile them all together into one.

MCT-Nissan Roto-drone (Medium) ("Van Damn")
Weapon Mount
Sensor Array Rating 3 (Laser Microphone Rating 1; Laser Range Finder Rating 1; Vision Magnification)
Colt M23 2 4 9P -2 SA/BF/FA 2 40(c)
Guncam

MCT-Nissan Roto-drone (Medium) ("Mouse")
Chameleon Coating; ECM Rating 4; Gecko Tips (Bod 4-6)
Jammer, Directional Rating 6; Sensor Array Rating 3 (Motion Sensor Rating 3; Radio Signal Scanner Rating 3; X-Ray Rating 3)

Steel Lynx Combat Drone (Large) ("Custer")
Heavy Weapon Mount; Smoke Projector (Thermal)
Medkit Rating 3; Sensor Array Rating 3 (Laser Range Finder Rating 3; Motion Sensor Rating 3; Radio Signal Scanner Rating 3)
Stoner-Ares M202 2 5 10P -3 FA 4 50(c) or 100 Gas-Vent 2 System; Guncam; Safe Target System, Additional set of RFID or GPS data (10 data sets); Safe Target System,
Additional set of RFID or GPS data (10 data sets); Safe Target System, Base

Aerodesign Systems Condor LDSD-23 (Minidrone) ("Albatross")
Sensor Array Rating 4 (Motion Sensor Rating 4; Omni-directional Microphone Rating 1; Radio Signal Scanner Rating 4; Vision Magnification)

GMC Bulldog Step-Van (Van) ("The Ghetto Way Van")
Acceleration Enhancement Rating 1; Anti-Theft System Rating 2; Armor (Concealed) Rating 2; Electromagnetic Shielding; GridLink Override; Landing Drone Rack (Medium); Landing Drone Rack (Medium); Landing Drone Rack (Mini); Landing Drone Rack (Mini); Metahuman Adjustment Rating 2; Morphing License Plate; Retrans Unit; Rigger Interface; Run-Flat Tires Rating 6; Spoof Chips; Standard Drone Rack (Large)
Sensor Array Rating 2 (Camera Rating 1; Motion Sensor Rating 6)

MCT Fly-Spy (Minidrone) ("Sparky")
Realistic Features Rating 2

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-08-17/1722:49> »
Sensor Arrays have eight Sensors each Sensor has a Rating equal to the Sensor Array.

The Van, Fly Spy ( like Realistic Features 4) and one shooty Drone is all you'll need.  Van for stuff, Fly Spy for sneaky recon, one shooty drone to jump into for fights.  Generally a Drones dice pools are small enough that they're not doing much on their own. 

And why does a Roto Drone need Geko tips....?

Derfmancher

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <02-08-17/1922:59> »
The idea with that drone (the one with tips) can be landed somewhere, and run ECM/Jamming to counter other teams or drones. I the games ive been in thus far, a fly spy isnt always going to be the best method of recon. The Lynx is there as a "Oh lord, we need some bigger guns" momments. Rather optional.. but I cant get a heavy wep mount for a sniper for the rotodrones as its avail 14.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #7 on: <02-11-17/0244:52> »
Remember with Rigging that every drone requires different programs & they start to add up.

To start out I would build around the following at Chargen & expand w/ more later

Cyberware:
Vehicle Control Rig-1A
Reaction Enhancers-3U

Skills:
Gunnery-6  (Ballistic+2)
Pilot-Aircraft-6  (Remote Operated+2)
Pilot-Groundcraft-1  (Wheeled+2)

Vehicle:
GMC Universe

Drones:
3x  Fly Spies
3x  Rotodrones   (2x Remington-950's,  1x Ares Alpha)

Those basics gives you a solid stakeout/surveillance, recon, support package with room to take some drone damage & keep going with replacement.

Your going to need A-Cash & probably at least B if not A in Skills to get what is needed.
Leaving Attributes at B/C while Race & Mag/Res are at E.

Derfmancher

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <02-12-17/1546:38> »
Remember that this is both a Rigger and a Decker, so I wont be using most of the drones more than one at a time, other than ones that could be set to patrol an area and watch for trouble. (Thats what I took the Condor for.)