NEWS

Technomancer Riggers and the RCC

• 6 Replies

Dunedon

• Newb
« on: <01-29-17/1703:19> »
Let's assume I've got a submerged TM with one level of MMRI. That gives me the benefits of a Control Rig 1, minus the datajack and cable.

Questions:

Can I use an RCC wirelessly to control multiple drones with a single action? do I need to?

If I can't use it wirelessly, then I assume with the skinlink echo I would then be able to use it?

I assume I can't control multiple drones with a single action without the RCC, so in that case it's safe to assume we use its stats and limits not mine where applicable?

I also believe I shops be able to disconnect from the RCC (drones continue with last commands), perform resonance/matrix actions as my Living Persona, and the reconnect to the RCC (all with simple actions)?

That sound about right or am I missing or misinterpreting something?

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <01-29-17/2321:23> »
Everyone can always use RCC, they are basicially just very advanced remote controls and as long as it's yours, you're always able to connect to it wirelessly, the only difference being, that non technomancers would need something like a commlink to communicate with it. As long as a character has acces to the Matrix he can can acces all his active devices that have Matrix Acces.

In order to control multiple Drones with a single action, they need to be slaved to the RCC(creating a PAN), which means the RCCs attribute get used. Which is good because it has better attributes than the Drones.(and you can boost em with programs)

You also can perform matrix/resonance actions while "using" the RCC, you don't connect/disconnect to it. It's no different then say: using a simple matrix action and firing you're gun in a single turn(AR obviously).

Just in case that is the confusing factor: You don't need to go into the matrix THROUGH the RCC in order to use it, as long as you can communicate with the RCC, you can give it ,and the drones connected to it, orders.

Dunedon

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-29-17/2355:08> »
When I jump into a drone slaved to the RCC does that go "through" the RCC? I know you can jump from slaved drone to slaved drone instead of having to jump out and then back in to another drone if you dont have an RCC so I just assumed you had to be connected through it for that action to be available.

Thanks for the explanation so far. 

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <01-30-17/0042:20> »
Ok yes, if you want to jump from drone to drone without having to go out and then go in, you will have to go into the matrix with the RCC to be part of the PAN and use the RCC Matrix Attributes for Matrix actions instead of your Persona stats.
At least thats how i would interprete the rules, since you can only be part of a PAN if you go through a Device, and that seems to be the deciding factor for a direct jump.

But if you simply jump into a Drone with your Persona, you can still give orders to the RCC and the other Drones while using your Persona Matrix stats. Thats what would happen if you jump into a drone that is not connected to an RCC after all.

So the question is what you're gonna do more, jump between Drones or use matrix actions that require sleaze/attack/resonance. RCCs have Data Processing, so those actions can be used as normaly, and with a decent RCC that limit is good enough..

Personally i don't jump around much while in combat(to avoid Autosoft limitations i use identical combat drones), and outside of combat the additional action becomes irrelevant anyways.
So play around for a bit and find out what works for you.

Maybe when the Technomancer book finaly comes out it will clarify the rules a bit.
« Last Edit: <01-30-17/0044:02> by Xexanoth »

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-02-17/0601:59> »
Maybe when the Technomancer book finaly comes out it will clarify the rules a bit.

I think you mean "IF the Technomancer book finaly comes out..."

*cries in binary*  :'(

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-02-17/0657:15> »

I think you mean "IF the Technomancer book finaly comes out..."

*cries in binary*  :'(

Sorry, couldn't resist.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #6 on: <02-02-17/1202:48> »
So many digital tears shed.  At this rate it might take something on the level of a miracle or an act of terrorism for the book to come out.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.