NEWS

Decker Decisions

• 32 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <02-15-17/1524:52> »
I think that the Erika is enough. It gets the job done and the difference from little hornet is not worth the chargen resources.  There is the smoke and mirrors that helps with sleaze and while cybercombat is a bit meh but as the decker progresses you can upgrade.  I'd rather have a limit of 5-6 and so many dice that I reliably reach it, than have a limit of 8 and 12 dice...  just saying.

Don't you want Sleaze jacked up as high as possible so it's harder to spot you?

Sometmes you just feel like using fork and data spikes  - there is the hide action also so recovery can be done.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <02-17-17/1111:30> »
I think that the Erika is enough. It gets the job done and the difference from little hornet is not worth the chargen resources.  There is the smoke and mirrors that helps with sleaze and while cybercombat is a bit meh but as the decker progresses you can upgrade.  I'd rather have a limit of 5-6 and so many dice that I reliably reach it, than have a limit of 8 and 12 dice...  just saying.

Erika absolutely works, especially with Mods, Programs and Qualities.  IMO, for a Resources A Decker the price difference between the Erika and the Little Hornet was worth it.  For Deckers on a tighter budget, the Erika gets you by, but it's a little more micro managing of your Programs, and some of the Qualities (Overclocker, Perfect Time, Data Anomaly, ect) become more important to help juggle. 

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <02-18-17/0959:22> »
On resources A then totally agree my deckers are usually resource D or C, but I like them awakened.