NEWS

Trolls and shotguns

• 19 Replies

Quatar

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <01-25-17/1955:16> »
I know. I took the full 7/7 to lock in the 35 in case I found a need for all 7 points. I'm almost done with the char and found myself only 'needing' 5/7 so I am going to free up 10 karma for a spell or two i think....
Just mentioning it:

At char creation is the only time you can get PP for karma. After that the only way you can get PP is through Initiation and taking the PP metamagic. You don't get auto points through magic like Adepts do, and you can't buy it.
You can buy spells later without problem though.

So from a somewhat optimizer standpoint: Take the 7 PP if you can afford them. Then learn the Spells later. If you don't wanna that's fine, but you should know the stakes before making that decission :)

Though one thing I do have to wonder: Exceptional Attribute is 14 Karma, 35 for PP, that makes 49. Even with 25 karma in Negative Qualities that means you have no positive ones at all, which seems rather bland. Qualities are an amazing place to customize your character. Or are you using Karma gen, then I take it all back ;)

Desiani

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <01-25-17/2349:21> »
I used the Life Module system :D

I think he's pretty fun even though he's not that optimized 'like a giant' should be. Shotguns are just fun xD

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-25-17/2357:59> »
I used the Life Module system :D

I think he's pretty fun even though he's not that optimized 'like a giant' should be. Shotguns are just fun xD

The Troll decker I made up near the start of SR5 used an SVD sniper rifle for long range foes, and a shotgun for close to medium engagements. She was a real blast to play! ;D

Adamo1618

« Reply #18 on: <01-26-17/0725:51> »
What are you guys going on about clubs for when bayonets are a thing?

because while having a shotgun is questionable enough for the average security to go "Hmmm... Wtf?", Having a bayonet mounted to your shotgun makes it an auto "Keep an eye on this guy!" ??
Use a flick bayonet you trog!

Desiani

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <01-26-17/1446:18> »
The Mage and my gm both hate my guts :x

Apparently having 12+4d6 dice and casting Offensive Mana Barrier/Physical Barrier to trap groups of baddies/Astral baddies and swoosh ing about with a shot gun is 'encroaching on the mages territory' with me casting the only 2 of 4 spells I know. The Adept doesn't mind... lmfao.