NEWS

LFG in Washington SKC area home group or online is good for me!

• 6 Replies

Blk.Adder.75

• Newb
« on: <11-01-16/1348:42> »
I've been a fan of shadowrun for a long time and I'm hoping to get a chance to find a group to play SR5 with in my neck of the woods.
Passed exp. With the game was SR3 for 3-4yrs. Played human & elf Sam's along with troll meatshields.
Hoping to play Merc gunslinger adept elf if asked to join a group.
Days I'm available are Sunday & Monday and normally around noon to early evening on those days work, but mornings are just as good too.
If online my schedule opens up a lot more. I have Skype and Roll20
My neck of the woods is South King County (SKC) area of  Washington state.
« Last Edit: <11-01-16/1739:03> by Blk.Adder.75 »
Hope Springs Eternal Chummers!

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-08-16/1447:44> »
Hey there, I actually run a game in Kent at the store Blind Dragon Hobbies every Sunday at noon. So it sounds like that lines up perfectly with your availability.

Feel free to check out our game, or if you have any questions, send me a pm here or contact the store. If you message them on facebook, they are pretty good about replying quickly.

Blk.Adder.75

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-08-16/2140:50> »
Thank you for the heads up!
I will try to check it out this weekend.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-08-16/2353:49> »
We usually host 2 games, one is a custom campaign and the other is a Missions game (currently starting in on Season 6 of the Chicago campaign).

Blk.Adder.75

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <11-09-16/0012:08> »
What is the age group at the table?
I may have a young runner in tow with me (he may want to try it out or he may play cards while dad plays or watches the session).
Also what is the chargen system you use (if I have time before Sunday to write 1 up)?
« Last Edit: <11-09-16/0014:30> by Blk.Adder.75 »

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-09-16/0106:11> »
The groups both consist primarily of adults. I don't think we have had any younger players, but I know I would be ok with having teenagers (and I can't imagine my other GM would have a problem either). With the inherent themes that come along with Shadowrun (Violence, Crime, etc) I generally consider it a PG-13 game, so I do caution against bringing very young children into the fold early.

As far as character creation, the Missions game follows standard creation rules for the standardized play. The Missions FAQ (found HERE) contains the list of limitations and also a description of what you can expect in terms of setting.

For my custom game, we used standard Priority creation, although if you are interested in one of the other creation methods, I would be open to it. The team is in the middle of a run at the moment, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to integrate a new player in this week. You're always welcome to observe, and I could also hand off an NPC that is helping out the group on their current mission.

Do you have a preference between playing Missions standard vs custom campaign?

Blk.Adder.75

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-09-16/1240:34> »
I have more experience with custom games. I haven't had a chance to play missions yet, so I may like missions for all I know.

As for chargen I made a character for a Roll20 session, but due to me being experienced enough the system the poster thought I would have no problem finding another group (he was looking for really green PCs). :-\
The guidelines were 1000K with life modules rules with GM's ok if you wanted to tweak a module. I wanted to take the mage school module for my teen years, but instead of Corp. sponsored. My character went to live with his grandfather and uncle in the NAN to study at an Adept school.
I should be able to tweak him back to the standard PB for life modules. Let me know either here or on Sunday.

I will definitely be observing the games , due to having both my kids with me that day.
« Last Edit: <11-09-16/1242:13> by Blk.Adder.75 »