NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #630 on: <03-22-17/1237:13> »
Anna returns the hungry look and says "Amazing performance, incredible wine and exquisite company... I cannot wait for what the evening is going to unfold."  When Zola mentions the Jakuzi Anna smiled "Jakuzi,  sounds great..." she takes his hand and walks to the limo.

« Last Edit: <03-22-17/1239:05> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #631 on: <03-22-17/1425:36> »
Eve did a double take and a mixture of rage, surprise and awe played across her face before she said: "You know that this is actually a breach of contract. And normally I'd say good night to you right now..."
She left that hanging for a moment, gave Flatline a contemptuous look and then took Krestov's outstretched hand to be helped from the car.
"You know, there is no reason to hide the fact that you are a troll and into human women. I don't discriminate - but I am allergic to bullshit. Don't do that again, no matter how handsome you are."

Flatline looked at the same time relieved and embarrassed and quickly entered the driver's seat to adjust it to his smaller proportions.

"So, what do you do for a living, Mr....?"

A few hours later and a few kilometers away, Zola had led Anna towards the elevators and they and the body guards drove to the 14th floor.
The room was a suite. Kynos stayed outside the door, while Ramirez went away into a adjacent room - probably to sleep.
Zola took Anna's coat and put it away together with his own.
The large room had all amenities to be expected from a high price luxus hotel. Even a genuine open fireplace with bearskin in front was there. As promised there waited also a small cart with a white table cloth, two glasses and a bottle of wine with an empty decanter.
Zola made a "tsk" noise: "Unbelievable, they didn't decant the wine." Carefully he opened the bottle and began to pour it in the crystal decanter, while he smelled the cork.
"Just another life lesson - no matter how good something is, it's never perfect."
When he was satisfied that the wine had breathed enough he filled the glasses and offered one to Anna. From the next room the monotone gurgling of the whirlpool could be heard. The bath had a breathtaking full front window across the Seattle skyline and was illuminated by the shine of dozens of candles.
"Cheers."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #632 on: <03-22-17/1545:06> »
Anna enters the room and allows Esteban to remove her coat, looking a bit disappointed at the wine "Yes, they should have done so about 30 minutes ago, let it breathe for a while. Thanks for the life lesson but I am happy to spend this night with you. I am sure that it is going to be memorable despite any minor setbacks.

she raised her glass and tipped it against Zola's, "Cheers" she said.

At the back of her head Anna had some plan to strip Zola and take off the chain as well, then take off her dress and bag and place them near the SOK. Hopefully, she'll have a moment to do the deed, while Zola is distracted.

« Last Edit: <03-23-17/0855:06> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #633 on: <03-23-17/0830:01> »
You chipsies could at least have had the decency to encrypt this properly.

bnc is just about to attack the file, when she remembers her earlier failures. She fell for too cheap tricks because she was careless. And she was not about to let that happen again. She focusses, loads the proper programs, and cracks the file with ease.
After her sim breaks the seal of the ledger, she opens it and siphons the data found inside. She analyzes it before she forwards it to Slobbertooth: Where exactly is Zola Esteban? Which rooms are free nearby?

Once that is done, she sets for the second task: "renting" a room. Again, she prepares well for the attack, but this time the system is not so easily fooled.
<@Slob <I sent you the hotel's client registration. I'm having problems editing the file, however. Maybe you can rent one of the rooms in question legally? If not, tell me, I'll try again, and harder.>>

While Slobbertooth considers his options, bnc eradicates the traces she had left behind. After a short look she finds the log file, looks over her shoulders (no hotel detective to be seen), then draws a pen with which she cancels a single entry.

[spoiler]Crack File: 17d6t5 6
Opposed roll: 6d6t5 3

Edit File + Opposed roll: 2#17d6t5 6 6

That didn't work. In order to avoid the retry penalty, I'll set for another task in the meanwhile: edit the alert log.

Edit File + Opposed roll: 2#17d6t5 7 6
(the program Edit grants me +2 to Data Processing, so it works)[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #634 on: <03-24-17/0126:16> »
Slobber scrolled through the client registrat, trying to find Zola's room as he packed up his bags.

@bnc >>I'll let you know when I am able to figure out where he goes. Don't exactly have a company cred stick<<
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #635 on: <03-24-17/0425:58> »
It turned out to be no problem to get a Room on the 14th floor, as the helpful desk clerk explained that it was in fact the 13th floor and a lot of people still were superstitious enough not to book a room up there.
Slobber's new SIN was accepted without any questions. He was handed his code and issued a MARK to use the hotel's matrix services.

Stepping from the elevator, Slobber had no trouble to identify Zola's room since the elf still stood there, calmly observing him.

[spoiler]
A palming check from Slobber how well his weapons are concealed on his person, if he has any with him.
[/spoiler]

In the room, things had progressed a bit. After enjoying the wine Zola had asked her to follow  him to the whirlpool, a tower of fluffy towels as well as a pair bathrobes lay ready. Without hesitation, Zola disrobed. For a man of his age he was reasonably fit, although the ravages of time hadn't been stopped entirely.
The SOK dangling over his chest was removed last and Zola put it in the pocket of his trousers, next to the pool. The rising steam and his face told her, that the temperature was just the right amount above comfortable to help you relax your muscles.
With a sigh he stretched his arms: "Eve, I can't tell you how much I have anticipated this moment all this week."
For a short moment, Eve noticed a small air distortion around his right hand - indicating that he probably just had cast a spell
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #636 on: <03-24-17/0851:09> »
[spoiler]Palming checks
Palming : 7d6t5 3
Ruger -1 to concealability
HK-227 +2
Yamaha Raiden +5[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #637 on: <03-24-17/0940:34> »
[spoiler]
Notice Ruger:
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement: 8d6t5 2
Notice: HK 227
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement: 11d6t5 4

The Yamaha, I assume, you are carrying in a bag or something, otherwise
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement: 14d6t5 3

[/spoiler]

Slobber couldn't see the eyes behind the shaded glasses, but the bodyguard suddenly had a Savalette Guardian in his hand.
With a calm, raspy voice he told Slobber: "You need a better carry case for your SMG, Chummer. I suggest you go somewhere else, before I become suspicious about the rest of your baggage. This floor is taboo for any runs, cons, games or other S's... especially for jackasses."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #638 on: <03-24-17/0951:35> »
Anna folded Esteban's clothes and neatly placed them a table in the suite. "Allow me, moisture is bad for these fabrics...  a gentleman deserves some privacy. " she said to the man.

She added  "I'll be right there with you - but I afraid that you may find my stamina lacking. The water seem very hot."  With that in mind, Anna placed her bag on the table and begun taking off her dress. If she feels that the opportunity is right she'll attempt to scan the SOK and otherwise, she'll join Zola in the Jakuzi without much delay.

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #639 on: <03-24-17/0959:29> »
[spoiler]
Notice Ruger:
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement: 8d6t5 2
Notice: HK 227
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement: 11d6t5 4

The Yamaha, I assume, you are carrying in a bag or something, otherwise
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement: 14d6t5 3

[/spoiler]

Slobber couldn't see the eyes behind the shaded glasses, but the bodyguard suddenly had a Savalette Guardian in his hand.
With a calm, raspy voice he told Slobber: "You need a better carry case for your SMG, Chummer. I suggest you go somewhere else, before I become suspicious about the rest of your baggage. This floor is taboo for any runs, cons, games or other S's... especially for jackasses."

[spoiler]Fucked the concealment stats, forgot the -2 from the berwick suit.

Make those stats
Ruger -3 (0 natural -1 holster, -2 suit)
SMG -1 (+2 natural, -1 foregrip, -2 suit) +anything the stock being collapsed applied impacts, if anything.
Raiden +3 (+6 natural, -1 foregrip, -2 suit) or assume a bag.

This is what happens when I post 45 minutes after waking up. I'll play with the rolls as is cause it was my mistake.[/spoiler]Slobber chuckles and initially tries to play it off
"Don't worry, I don't expect to use this for anything more than leisure shooting. It's a hobby of mine. I'm on a business trip from out of town and don't have anywhere else to put them.

"Besides, Chummer, if you really think I'm so heavily armed, what are you going to do about it?"
« Last Edit: <03-24-17/1013:27> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #640 on: <03-24-17/1035:25> »
[spoiler]
Foregrip adds to the number of concealment, meaning it's harder to conceal

Just read the rules again and I could have used palming instead for a higher bonus, but we'll leave it at that  ;D

[/spoiler]

The elf grinned: "The correct course would of course be to call KE. What do you think? I mean I could lose my licence if I started an impromptu gun fight in a luxury hotel. Especially since I'd have to explain why I used military grade ammo to pierce concealed body armor - nice suit by the way - and of course my boss would be a total dick about me ruining his little nookie.
So do us both a favor and get out of my sight, so I can pretend that there are no dangerous individuals around, eh?"
« Last Edit: <03-24-17/1045:13> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #641 on: <03-24-17/1038:19> »
"Sure, let me just go to my room.

"You won't even need to pretend, then."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #642 on: <03-24-17/1052:02> »
The elf kept his eyes on Slobber until he vanished behind his hotel room door.
The room itself was spacious, clean and had a superb view, but was a far cry away from suite at the other end of the corridor. On the plus side there were little chocolates placed on the pillows - made from real cacao. As the other rooms, this one seemed to sound proved to a high standard.

Unbidden the trideo activated, trying to tell Slobbertooth all about the available amenities...
talk think matrix

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #643 on: <03-25-17/0933:18> »
Zola looked suddenly alert: "Don't bother, I'll take care of them myself."
Anna could see that she only had a second or two before Zola would come out of the water again, to take away his clothes himself. Obviously he had realized, that he left his SOK unattended.

[spoiler]
Palming Check.
Zola is distracted from getting out of a whirlpool without slipping, so it's unopposed, but you need
5 Successes to read out all three security features.
With 3 you only get the pattern and the RFID
With 1 you only get the RFID

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #644 on: <03-25-17/1344:40> »
Anna acted fast, she blocked the view with her bag, and then took out the SOK scanned it quickly and placed it back in. Her heart raced quickly and she hoped that Zola did not notice the deed. The information extracted was convoyed to bnc and Anna hoped that the young decker would have the common sense to wipe the evidence and remove the incriminating data from the burner link. She did not have time to actually text her though, Anna dedicated all her attention to defusing the situation.  The scan seemed to progress slowly and Anna prolonged it as much as she could without getting caught.

Once Esteban, managed to get out of the water Anna quickly placed the SOK in his pants and said smiling "You are such a gentleman...".  She then, began to strip her dress to ease any sense of suspicion the man had about her.

[spoiler]
Scan SOK fast!: 11d6t5 2 - she'll use her second point of edge
Scan SOK fast! (edge): 9d6t5 5
Phew...  that was close.
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <03-25-17/1502:36> by gilga »