Register

Author Topic: Into the Chaos (IC)  (Read 16558 times)

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6427
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #15 on: (23:17:29/09-17-16) »
While Simone's eyes are pretty much focused on the rather bewitching butt of the hostess as she leads them to the meeting room, she glances at the other girl from the corner of her eye.  The hallway they are in has wall-mounted floor to ceiling mirrors at regular intervals and Simone catches a glimpse of herself walking next to the other woman, whose clothes are much nicer than Simone's own cleanest pair of jeans and long-waisted men's shirt she is wearing.  Simone's waist-length brunette hair is tied in a ponytail down her back.

"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mulcarn

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 939
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #16 on: (23:38:57/09-17-16) »
Seeing the vampire on the screen forces the mage into action.  With the utmost haste he rushes for his belongings and pulls out a bottle filled with Cram pills.  Immediately the cap flies off and he pops one into his mouth and swallows.  It'd take ten minutes before the drug would kick in.  Perhaps he could be stalled until then, perhaps not if unlucky.  Donned in newly bought durable black street clothing and outfitted with his old armored jacket.  He had the black leather armor reinforced after the fiasco at the mall where he nearly burned to death by the machinations of a fireball preparation.  The next pieces added were a custom made ballistic mask and steel plate forearm guards.

Next a spirit had to be summoned in order to deal with Grail.  Maxwell finds a comfortable spot to sit down and astral projects out of the facility and the Barrens itself.  Spellcraft unhindered by pollution and despair, the mage calls upon a spirit to aid him in battle.  "Here we come, here we come, here we come!  Our true battle awaits.  Feel the wrath.  Feel the pain.  Feel the strength unbeliever.  Reinforced for battle.  New banners join the field.  Two sides unto the north.  They come for this time forth.  Warriors of the skull united this time again, roaming the land.  The loyal legends of the skull.  Their onslaught will never lull."

Spoiler (hover to show)
Spoiler (hover to show)

The giant fire demon heard Maxwell's call to arms and was magically tethered to him.  Albeit with a decent amount of Drain suffered.  Ghosting at super-sonic speed back into his body, the mage rises up off the ground with a slight headache.  Turning to Amy he says.  "Try to stall him for as long as possible.  I'll get everything into play soon.  I know you're scared of him, but you must be brave.  We've talked about this before in case he ever did come back.  If things go bad and I can't overpower him then you must get the hell out of here.  This place will become his fiery tomb if need be."  Maxwell stood stalwart and prepared for the worst.  To face off against Grail and put him to the grand pyre.
« Last Edit: (11:03:10/10-26-16) by Mulcarn »
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5188
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #17 on: (01:28:10/09-18-16) »
@Maxwell As you project away you cannot but miss multiple astral signatures around the facility, they were not there before. There was even one of these in the room with you and Amy.  When you are back Amy seems terrified, she seems helpless and holds her hands to her head, sobbing She say:  "Did you see what I did to that girl?

It was nothing like what Grail does - she was completely horrified. I took too much too fast.  I still have her last impression imprinted in my brain and I cannot shake the experience. Look Max, if you fight him then either I lose you or I lose him - and both of these are difficult for me as he is the only vampire I know, Max."

@The rest (Feel free to RP getting to the casino and talking to the hostess/each other, ordering drinks and so forth.  Casa will join you once you are all there.)

@Wheely, the man say "Noon, The Gates and I only promise you a free drink. The rest depends on what you can do for for me, this is not a conversation for the matrix."  He seems completely at ease to negotiate as if he has been doing that kind of work for a long time.

« Last Edit: (03:57:34/09-18-16) by gilga »

Ennui

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 852
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #18 on: (02:18:29/09-18-16) »
I am, I respond to Nyx.  After she gestures for me to follow I add, Thank you.

I smile warmly at Simone and respond in kind Irris Black.  How lovely to met you.  May I call you Simone?

superscript edit 1 I time stamp the record on my simrig subvocally.

I absentmindedly slip into AR and check comlink security and wireless activity.  No poking just assessing.

Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6427
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #19 on: (02:39:28/09-18-16) »
"Irris, how nice to meet you.  And yes, please call me Simone.  It is much better than what some people call me.  So, what do you know of the man holding the interview?  I have never heard of him before, have you?"
« Last Edit: (03:13:08/09-18-16) by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5841
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #20 on: (03:27:38/09-18-16) »
Kynos arrived not too late although a bit sweaty. So after entering the security perimeter around the casino, he shouldered the bike and went for the service entrance with it (you couldn't be careful enough - there were bad people out there, carrying microwelders capable of breaking any bike lock)
After being admitted he excused himself to the staff toilet to change into his suit and apply a short wash and some deodorant  (or maybe pepper punch - he had grabbed the first can he found - either way his body odor wouldn't be a problem).
Shortly thereafter he emerged - suited up and with combed hair, carrying his duffel bag. Following the directions he arrived at the partition. The tall, black haired elf with the dead eyes managed a half smile for the two women already there:
"Hello ladies. The name is Kynos. No need to get up. I'll take the chair."

With that Kynos grabbed a chair from a nearby table and set himself to the side of the booth, his bag beside him.

"Is this your first gig working for Casa?"
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Stuttrboy

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 906
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #21 on: (03:34:06/09-18-16) »
@Ayato
Athos texts you back - ">>You must be the one Ballz was talking about 14:00 at the Gates, come from the service entrance. You meet a guy named Casa."


Should I come ready to fight or talk?

Either way Ayato heads out the only difference is whether he takes his FNhar or not.  With the chaos in the streets his sword was never far from his side.

He parks at the Gates service entrance and glances around for any security or surveillance.  Not seeing any he simply tries the door and finding it locked, he knocks.  After being shown in he nods to those already waiting.  He feels vaguely uncomfortable wearing armored street clothes while the others better if not more casually dressed.
« Last Edit: (03:43:18/09-18-16) by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6427
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #22 on: (03:37:45/09-18-16) »
Simone has been enjoying a selection of fruit juices provided to the room by the casino and idly wondering about the host when the very attractive hostess shows a man.  He looks fairly uncomfortable in his suit and his face and hair appear to have been recently dampened and combed.  She watches with interest as he places a large duffel bag on the floor while he takes a chair and sits in it.  She smiles broadly at him and replies, her French accent quite clear.  "Hello, Kynos.  My name is Simone and this is Irris.  I cannot answer for Irris, but no, this is my first time interviewing to work for Monsieur Casa.  Do you know him well, then?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5188
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #23 on: (03:55:42/09-18-16) »
@Ayato Athos texts you ">> We are interested because of your combat skills, though this is a meeting."

Ennui

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 852
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #24 on: (05:39:44/09-18-16) »
No I have not met him.  He was referred by someone I trust, though I haven't pressed him for much info yet.  Can't hurt to listen and I was told drinks were free.  I raise my glass to them.

Kanpai,  I say to the silent Japanese man standing to the side.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5841
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #25 on: (07:04:16/09-18-16) »
"I see." Kynos nodded at the explanation. "I'm here because my fixer thinks this could be a well paying job - and since expenses are high with the current state of the city, I'm more than inclined to take this one even if I don't really know much about Casa. My instinct already tells me this smells fishy. So whatever this new team is asked to do, insist on escrow payment. Last time this guy wasn't one of the dumb Johnsons who tries to stiff a bunch of highly trained infiltrators and leg breakers, but you never know.
Does one of you ladies have a decent vehicle by chance? My personal transport is reliable but not the fastest way around the city and since my last team kind of dissolved I'd appreciate an option where I can ride shotgun.
« Last Edit: (11:11:49/09-18-16) by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Imladir

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 758
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #26 on: (09:10:33/09-18-16) »
[Noëmie "Nyx" d'Orville - January, 12th, 2076 - Gates Casino, Bellevue, Seattle]

When Ayato arrives, Noëmie once again takes care to bring him to the private booth. This time, she has to work a bit more to do like she was asked given his clothes. It reassures her however: up to now, all guests could have passed as regular clients. Then why would Valentina ask her that?

But now... Well, at least there's one who's clearly not able to pass as a client. Security...maybe. Not her problem probably. As she brings him to the booth, she knocks and waits for a second, then opens the door. She nods to Ayato "Here you are Sir."

Looking at the other guests, hands folded in front of her, she asks "Do you need anything?"
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Kuirem

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 589
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #27 on: (10:29:36/09-18-16) »
<<See you in two hours then>>

'Two hours, that should be enough for some recon'. Wheely woke up from his VR session, greeted by John Johnston, he jump into the passenger seat and configure Gridlink to drive him straight into the Gates. While the autopilot is smoothly driving him to his destination he checks some mapsoft of the area to see what to expect.

Once close to the place he take control of the vehicle and park in a quiet alley, going into VR he jump into his Gerbil and send a mental command to open the trunk of the car just enough for the drone to go through. There is roughly one hour before walking in, his potential employer (and the mafia) might not appreciate if he tried to get right into the place and spy on him so he stick on checking the different exit and the public areas of the building.

That done Wheely spend the rest of the hour in his Gerbil checking the clientele of the casino to see if there is anyone interesting going through.

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6427
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #28 on: (12:01:35/09-18-16) »
Simone nods at Kynos.  "Yes, I have a reliable van.  I do not know yet if I will be hired from this interview, but if we both are, you are welcome to come look at it.  I use it as both my mobile ware repair shop and my home.  It is armored a bit more than normal, so not so much to look at, but it gets me around and I have found such a vehicle to be useful in my line of work."

Simone looks up as another man is shown into the room.  Her immediate impression is that now she is now not the only person here that looks out of place.  She smiles at the new arrival.  "Hello there.  You must be here to interview, too.  My name is Simone.  Apparently the drinks are free.  Why don't you get one and join us at the table?  Do you know anything about Monsieur Casa that you can share?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Ennui

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 852
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #29 on: (14:09:01/09-18-16) »
I have an Americar.  It's reliable but it's nothing special. 

Well I wasn't sure how long we were going to beat around the bush here but clearly we are being engaged for non traditional employment.  Anyone want to offer up a little background?  I'm ex-military, ground and tech support...
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll