NEWS

Into the Chaos (IC)

• 1203 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1140 on: <04-23-17/0554:05> »
Irris' gunshot takes out one of the guards, while 3 of them open with full automatic bursts on the spirit. At first, the spirit simply laughed and ignored the bullets in defiance but it is evident that the coordinated bursts damaged it.  Forcing it to acknowledge the potential threat in plain AK-97 guns.

[spoiler]
Plenty of rolls but the spirit took 5 damage (out of 12) from the soldiers 3-FA bursts.  The shot soldier is tossed several meters away from the gunshot and is bleeding out on the floor.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-23-17/0556:09> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1141 on: <04-23-17/1435:51> »
Simone grins to herself.  **This invisibility stuff is great.  I will have to think of a good way to thank the scary mage later.**.  She moves out of the line of fire, noting that the now prone man still has little idea what hit him or where she is.  Taking advantage of his momentary confusion, she steps to where her she can take advantage of her reach and brings the axe down on the unfortunate guard.

[spoiler]  Attack:  Attack with Axe: 16d6t5 4  Damage is 10 + Net hits  AP-3[/spoiler]
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1142 on: <04-24-17/0925:57> »
The spirit roars in pain due to some invisible threat and then impressively dodges a barrage of mundane bullets coming from many directions. Simone's second axe swing is parried by the soldier's AK-97 and the sheer force of the attack fracture the weapon but stops the attack. The soldier looks afraid and confused at the almost invisible attacker. He does not lose his composure though, and scrambles for a melee weapon, a stun baton. Irris gets ready to aim a second time but then a pesky drone - the sky are full of them. Shoots a barrage of six bullets her way.

In the meanwhile, Kynos and Ayato waste precious minutes trying to overcome the illusion. (I'll need to see what happens in this combat).

« Last Edit: <04-24-17/0927:31> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1143 on: <04-24-17/1029:02> »
Simone moves in to attack again, hoping that the guard is slower than she is.

[spoiler]Attack:  Attack with Axe: 15d6t5 7  Limit is 6.  DV is 10 + Net Hits  AP -3[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1144 on: <04-26-17/1346:22> »
As irris dodges a barrage of bullets with impressive skill, one of the soldiers jumps to the aid of his prone comrade and charges simone with a stun baton. The prone soldier gets up and readies a stun baton of his own. In the meanwhile a large (but smaller than Maxwell's elemental) materializes inside the van and laughs with a maniacal laugh roars "burn evil mage burn!"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1145 on: <04-27-17/0111:14> »
Simone sidesteps the man with the baton and readies herself for another attack.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1146 on: <04-28-17/0047:33> »
Simone's second attack finishes off the prone soldier, slashing through his armor all that the soldier can do is let a little pain cry before he gives in to pain and stops moving.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1147 on: <04-29-17/0057:58> »
Simone is targeted by two of the soldiers and shudders a bit as one of them connects solidly.  The other round apparently went wide of her and she pauses to ready herself for the next action, noting that there were fewer enemies up, but that the scary mage's large spirit has disappeared, leaving her and Iris as the only targets at the moment. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1148 on: <05-06-17/1225:26> »
Simone faces off against one of the soldiers and feints right as the man fires a burst at ehr hand in an attempt to disarm her.  The rounds almost do their job but she gamely hangs onto her weapon.  Smiling back at the soldier, she swings at him.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #1149 on: <05-12-17/0521:21> »
Wheely is hit by the huge heat wave and has a perfect view of the scene through the rear-view mirrors.

"Holy shit, trids doesn't do justice to the real thing." he exclaims turning to the mage "Are you okay? Looks like this one took quite a toll out of you, I think we should wrap this up quickly now."

Wheely sends a message to the whole team, at least those that can receive it : <<Well that firework should keep them busy, hope everyone was out of the way. But now we can be sure that a response team is coming our way, do you want me to pick you up or are you going to help the others?>>

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #1150 on: <05-12-17/0622:48> »
Things had gotten exponentially more irritating the longer time went on.  Firstly, his spirit gets disrupted out of nowhere.  As if he's some two-bit conjurer with nary an ounce of true strength.  Secondly, the guard detail was grossly undersold.  This didn't feel like fighting Knight Errant, or it's castaways at least.  Judging from their skill level and tactics, Maxwell guessed they must be a laid-off branch of Firewatch.  No doubt about it.  They must be.  No other reason to explain why they are so well equipped and prepared.  No good one for that matter.

The drones and guards unleashed a coordinated attack on Simone and Irris.  Another barrage like that and they'll end up dead in the great shadow bar in the sky.  With no other choice, he sticks himself outside the window he had opened earlier and casts a high force fireball down the road.  Aiming to catch as many drones and soldiers in the blast without hitting his pals in the process.  As Maxwell begins channeling the mana to work the spell, he feels something well up inside of him and wash over his very essence.  It felt like... anger... power... hatred... and death all at once.  He hadn't felt something this strong in years.  Not since when he first Awakened and met his dark patron.

An obscenely heavy orb of bright, burning fire travels down the road and explodes into a mushroom cloud.  Incinerating everything caught in the blast.  Dust, dirt and debris were kicked-up and launched in every direction.  The pavement caught fire in some places and the road down was scorched entirely black.  Even a nearby greenhouse was set ablaze by the spell.  He'd start and end every fight and every battle with magic like that.  That is to say he would if it weren't for the massive Drain that microwaved his guts every time he went all out.  Causing him to hack and cough up blood.

Going back inside the van, he rests himself against the leather seat.  Out of one of the mirrors he catches a glimpse of himself.  Except not himself at the same time.  He could see, if only for a brief moment, two horrible glaring red eyes that shined through his ballistic mask.  Accompanied by sparks and black smoke that poured out of his mouth with the few breaths he took.  And then, suddenly, it was gone.  As if it were only a mind trick.  Maxwell rasps and coughs again.  Still reeling from the Drain.  While processing what he just saw he turns to Wheely to answer him back.  "I'll live."  He points a finger in the direction of the guards and wildfire.  "They won't."
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1151 on: <05-13-17/1547:19> »
Everything seemed to happen in slow motion:

The fireball engulfed the guards and two of the drones, but not before they all had had a chance to shoot at Irris and Simone.

The drones had tried to lock onto the runners heat signatures, but both were to adapt at moving in such a fashion as to confuse electronic sensors.
Still, one bullet managed to hit Irris just above her armored shoulder, turning her hole side numb.

In the astral, Sovereign's servant homed in on the projecting mage. Arcane energies flashed between them and reduced the mage's astral image to cinders. This was immediately registered by the other - formerly bound - fire spirit. It's cry of joy echoed through the night: "BURN, SLAVEMASTER, BURN!" And in a sudden column of fire it dematerialized - likely to return to its master's body and ensure that the wage mage stayed dead and crispy on the material plane as well.

With the death of the mage the illusion down in bunker also fell away and revealed to Kynos and Ayato the real control room door.
"I can see you now. You know you can't stop us. If you want to live, you stop your drone attacks right now, drop your weapons and put your hands up in the air. This is a one time offer only. Tic toc."
Kynos immediately said in the cruelest and most menacing voice he could muster.
To his surprise and - if he was honest - disappointment, the two people inside the control room actually had complied with his order.
"Land the drones immediately and give control to us. Stay cool and nobody needs to get hurt..."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1152 on: <05-13-17/1607:47> »
@Jack, Ayato (is he still with us?)  when the illusion is gone you finally notice that the control room was just in front of you. The door is solid  but you manage to open it after a minute or two of struggle. Inside there is another orc soldier which surrenders as you demand and a hot decker dressed in a red cheongsam. She seems terrified and holds her cosmetic kit close to her chest.  Kynos have seen her before, she was Minnie's girlfriend, what was her name... Nagisa.  "Please, I was just trying to do my job." she said raising her hands and Kynos can see that she is unarmed.

The guard said "I removed the marks from your men, I know when I am defeated your friends have just killed the majority of my friends. Here have a look." He said and showed Kynos the massive AR displays showing the vicinity of the farm with two burning greenhouses and slugs of molten metal.

@Outside, the surviving soldiers attempt to rescue their dead or mortally injured comrades and get out of sight - they get pay much - but not enough to cope with this kind of firepower.  Battle is won, and with a message from Jack saying that he has the control room it seems like the pixie farm is yours as well. You congratulate each other for a job well done, you captured the pixe farm and angered your new neighbors by destroying expensive greenhouses. Though these problems are for lawyers, your problem is more urgent - can you maintain control over the farm?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1153 on: <05-13-17/2134:57> »
Simone runs to where Irris is and kneels next to her. "You are hurt, but can you make it to the building?  I can try to help with your wounds when we get inside."  Irris grimaces and allows Simone to assist her to stand and the two head off to the control building.  Simone sends out a message.  >>Team [Simone]:  Whatever the fuck that was, the scary mage cleared the path to the control building.  Irris is injured and I am helping her get to the building but do not see Nyx anywhere.  Wheely, can you make it there with the vehicles?  Is anyone injured and in need of care?  I have a good kit with me.<<

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #1154 on: <05-14-17/0940:40> »
Wheely turn the vehicles around. <<On my way but we won't be able to take those in the bunker, we should try to hide them between two greenhouse and use the patrol car, if it's still there, to go to the bunker.>>