Register Register 2

Author Topic: Into the Chaos (IC)  (Read 13958 times)

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5092
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1065 on: (18:45:30/03-19-17) »
@Simone Devon said "Stop lying, I know why you are here, get the fuck out of my house. If the drones arrive here it will be reduced to rabble." He continued to climb the stairs.


@Kynos Ayato -
(did Kynos go online again to send that message because I am pretty sure he is out of range otherwise.)
Meanwhile, the decker decided to give Ayato a friendly remainder to shut down the comlink as well.
Spoiler (hover to show)

The next room was the right one.  It said tourist center, and the door broke with out resistance only to expose a much heavier metal door. Any attempt to approach that door by Kynos fails due to some invisible barrier. Ayato recognize the barrier as a ward.

(I'll give more details on how powerful the ward is with an assensing roll, you need to cross/break do something to the ward to carry on.).
« Last Edit: (18:49:59/03-19-17) by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6277
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1066 on: (00:58:21/03-20-17) »
Simone swings the ax at the ladder, cutting through the slender wooden supports and bringing it down, Devon tumbling to the ground with it, his shotgun flying several feet away from him.  Simone steps between the man and the shotgun and looks down at him. "Do not argue with the girl carrying an ax, Devon.  I only want to talk to you.  Will you listen to me?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mulcarn

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 883
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1067 on: (09:06:44/03-20-17) »
With his mind taxed to its limit, Maxwell couldn't do much but sit and watch the the play by play of AR messages.  So engrossed that he didn't notice the man snooping about in the middle of their operation.  It wasn't until Simone left the van that he guessed something may be amiss.  His breathing grew heavy as he perspired at the lamenting of his own prediction.  Too much was riding on the success of this run that Maxwell couldn't afford to let it be ruined by an unneeded intrepid spook.  He left the confines of his meat body and followed Simone in the direction of the house.  Enabling him to astrally ascertain who or what is trying to undo their combined effort.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5544
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1068 on: (09:34:21/03-20-17) »
Unaware of the barrier, Kynos just walked through it. He felt his invisibility flicker for a moment, but it stabilized again as he got his micro welder out to cut the next door open.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5092
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1069 on: (13:49:32/03-23-17) »
@Simone Devon looks at you terrified and angry - "What do you want? Simone?" he asks he does not even attempts to regain control of the shot gun.

@Irris - You spot several roto drones dashing toward your position, you do not know if they spotted you.

@Kynos as soon as you attach the welder to the door a large electrical surge strikes you and the device.   You may notice the trap with a perception threshold 3 test. (4 or more hits), otherwise you resist 9S -5 and need to pass a composure (3) to be a badass and just ignore the electricity and continue welding the door.


« Last Edit: (13:54:22/03-23-17) by gilga »

Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5544
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1070 on: (15:01:53/03-23-17) »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Kynos noticed the hairs on his hands under his armor standing up - indicating once again a god damn electrical trap.
"Ayato, could you lend me your sword for a moment?"
Kynos enjoyed working with the Asian runner - he worked without a fuss and kept his mouth shut.

Accepting the sword, Kynos slashed at the ceiling lights and brought down the whole frame and a few ceiling tiles. A few slashes more gave him access to the wires. The green - yellow grounding wire was what he was after. Using the isolation provided by the sword's grip he looped the wire on the blade and applied it where he suspected the trap was receiving its juice from. Sparks flew and somewhere a surge protector snapped.
He resumed his work.
« Last Edit: (15:08:30/03-23-17) by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5092
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1071 on: (15:45:05/03-23-17) »
Spoiler (hover to show)

It takes several minutes - but with the trap disarmed it was only a question of time before Kynos could meld his way to the locking mechanism of the door.

Ennui

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 829
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1072 on: (23:35:15/03-23-17) »
I count the drones as I take a bead on one and fire. then hurry to take my next shot.


Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: (23:38:07/03-23-17) by Ennui »
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5544
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1073 on: (04:52:29/03-24-17) »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Kynos kicked open the door with his rifle in front of him, ready to continue his march down into the control room.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5092
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1074 on: (12:00:02/03-24-17) »
@Irris, Nyx You count 4 drones, and as you fire on of them drops like a rock into a nearby greenhouse. The others continue dashing toward you, and now also one of the patrols.

@Kynos, Ayato With the door out of the way, the way is clear, there is a large elevator at the end of a corridor as well as two locked doors to the right and left of the elevator.


Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5544
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1075 on: (18:12:58/03-24-17) »
Kynos moved as stealthily and quickly down the corridor as he could. Before he did anything else, he checked for traps and if the elevator was active and if the elevator cabin was actually up or down.

Spoiler (hover to show)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6277
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1076 on: (13:51:46/03-25-17) »
Simone stand near the prone man.  "Devon, I need you to listen to me.  Those are not burglars, they are part of my team and they are helping us with the farm.  I told you once that you could benefit from what is going on or you could lose everything.  Have you decided yet?  There will need to be someone in charge of the farm when the current leadership is gone.  Would you like to be considered for that position?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5092
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1077 on: (15:14:05/03-25-17) »
Devon said "Simone, you do not understand... Your friends have to get away from my roof before my house is collateral damage. These security protocols are fierce, half the city wants what we grow they fire first and ask questions after." Irris gunshot sounds, "Please Simone get them off of there before it is too late... "

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6277
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1078 on: (15:57:49/03-25-17) »
Simone looks up to the sky. >>Team [Simone]:  The owner of the house says that the drones will blow his house up to get us.  It might be time to leave the position.<<  She looks back down to Devon.  "Alright, Devon, I have asked them to leave.  I hope that your house is left alone."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mulcarn

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 883
Re: Into the Chaos (IC)
« Reply #1079 on: (19:49:59/03-25-17) »
Floating nearby, Maxwell overhears the conversation between the two.  The emotional color of sounds heard fly from Simone and Devon mouths to be swallowed by him.  Painting a portrait of distress for the mage to gluttonously eat.  A shame it'd be to have to abandon ship after all this time spent setting up.  Knowing what to do he sends a command to Mourn.  "Time to go.  You're free to leave.  I'll be needing someone else now.  The astral tether between summoner and spirit severs at that very instance.  Taking advantage of the moment, Maxwell chants deep into the astral for a new servant and guardian.

"Leave the world of mortals to walk into the mist to stalk unto the other side.  Planes of otherness.  The utter emptiness.  Where time have ceased and dark and light collide.  Crossing the river of death and water cold.  Slowly walking up the bridge.  The jeweled bridge I walk for what seems a lifetime.  In the night it's jewels glow.  There on the other side, on shore of no return.  The one for me awaits.  Cannot avoid the eyes, in which the fire burns.  I've come this far it is too late.  And he calls my name.  First a whispering then louder.  And he wants me to follow and to enter the eternal fire.

I walk this endless night, his eyes the only light.  Repeatedly he whispers my name.  Fingers move and twist through crimson thick dark mist and voices cry of agony and pain.  Close now to his kingdom.  The bleak world dark and still.  I follow the voice whispering my name.  Approach the gate of sin.  Opened up to let me in and there, he stand in flames.  The price now I must pay for eternity my soul his claim.  For untold years I shall spend wandering barren land.  An endless fight.  One I cannot hope to win."


Spoiler (hover to show)
Spoiler (hover to show)

Brought forth from another world and dimension.  The spirit now shackled to summoner.   A hateful, wrathful thing.  No compassion in it's heart.  No kindness in it's eyes.  No humility in it's service.  Only an intense perpetual desire to burn away all flesh and greenery.  To fix the cosmic mistake of Gaia and Man.  Except, it's will is not it's own today.  Owing forced allegiance to none other but Sovereign.  Partisan to a shared hatred.

Coming closer to Simone and Devon.  Maxwell manifests his ethereal form and bellows out like sparks from an hearth.  "I can take care of the drones. They are of little consequence.  However..."  Turning to focus his gaze upon the man on the ground.  Maxwell points a glowing astral finger at him.  "You there!  Stop whining!  Stop bitching!  And stop getting in the way!  For fuck's sake you're pathetic!"
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative