NEWS

Into the Chaos (IC)

• 1203 Replies

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #1050 on: <03-12-17/2307:07> »
We hitting the guards too?  I can take one, Ayato the other.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1051 on: <03-13-17/0222:51> »
@Wheely - Perhaps you are unfocused today - but your hacking has failed. Nobody seems alerted to the attempt though - a close call.
[spoiler]
Am I correct to interpret a tie - as nothing happens?
resist hack: 7d6t5 3

Also, if you like you can roll the defense rolls as well (they'll be 7 dice).
[/spoiler]

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #1052 on: <03-13-17/0534:13> »
Wheely nervousness does not improve with this new failure, he hasn't messed to bad yet but he is more and more anxious that he is going to mess it up for everyone. Taking a second a breath he give it an other try.

[spoiler]
Hack on the Fly 16d6t5 1
I am ALMOST tempted to keep it because it fit so well with Wheely state of mind! But well I still have Edge and I would rather not fail on a stupid door!
Second Chance 15d6t5 4
Door, Resist Hack 7d6t5 4
Those doors are tough.
Control Device: Open Lock 9d6t5 3
Door, Resist Control Device 7d6t5 3
sigh
Control Device: Open Lock 9d6t5 4
Door, Resist Control Device 7t6d5 4
Just kill me already, I'm done!
[/spoiler]

After what feels hours of trying to get a grasp on the door Wheely can't seems to find a way around it.  <<Sorry Kynos, looks like they build a lot of redundancy in this damn door, do you have an other way to open it?>>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1053 on: <03-15-17/0208:41> »
As Kynos surprisingly strikes the unsuspecting guard he hears a swear from the second one. "So the vamps are coming... dammit" , Their reactions are quick and swift and it only takes them a split second to respond in an almost unnatural speed.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1054 on: <03-16-17/1835:38> »
It didn't take more than a second, but then it usually did: Kynos cursed inaudible as his fist was half deflected by the guard's heavy armor. While the angry buzz of a rifle round impacted the man, Ayato turned the other guard into shish kebab. The heavy kevlar those guys wore proved to be no match for the Ayato's blades but performed much better against the rifle and Kynos' strikes: The first guard managed to rise his rifle and shoot a salvo into Kynos' general direction, but the elf was to close for this tactic to be effective. Frustrated Kynos slammed again and again his fist into the man below him until his resistance broke and he finally lay still.
<<Sorry guys and gals, couldn't subdue my guy fast enough. Wheely, we need that distraction now or we have company here before I can open the door.>>
With that Kynos ignored the two victims, got out his micro welder and attacked the lock on the closed door, burning through the latch within seconds. And although the flame was invisible due to the spell, the red and gold glowing metal could be seen far in the darkness.

<<Moving towards the elevator, looking for a staircase just in case. Might be necessary to cut my way into the elevator shaft if the thing doesn't take me down to the main room.>>
« Last Edit: <03-17-17/0513:28> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1055 on: <03-17-17/0238:17> »
Simone is closely monitoring the team channel, but no one seems to have been injured in the fight so far.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #1056 on: <03-17-17/1051:55> »
Quote from: stuttrboy
ayato follows behind Kynos checking astral every few moments to assess any magic threats.

I keep an eye out for anyone who noticed and get ready to start shooting people getting close to the doors.
« Last Edit: <03-17-17/2118:35> by Ennui »
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #1057 on: <03-17-17/1102:14> »
<<Ok working on that distraction>>

Diving into the Matrix once again Wheely reach for the tractor he has seen before and send it an order to go through the fields away from his mates, keeping the damage low but enough to be noticed. Shortly after he use his Fork program to take control of a couple of drones in the sky and order them to shoot the tractor down, hopping it's enough to justify the gunfire from before.

[spoiler]
Hack on the Fly 2 MARKs x2: 2#14d6t5 5 5
Control Device x2: 2#11d6t5 4 4
First rolls are for the Tractor, second for the Drones, not that it matters since they are the same. I would have rather used a Spoof command but it's a bit unclear what is an owner at times like that so I hope 2 MARKs + Control Device will do the trick for sending a command.
[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1058 on: <03-18-17/0705:46> »
Wheely is partially successful, he manages to hack both drones and tractor - but then only one tractor and one drone responds to his control actions. The tractor plows through the fields and the drone shoots over it. Pretty soon other drones attempt to understand what to do. Some shoot at the drone, some shoot at the tractor - others just stand there mid air confused.  If ever there was a time to dash toward the bunker this is a golden opportunity.

Unfortunately, wheely quickly notices that his endeavours have not gone unnoticed. A big spider icon approaches them and then lunches a forked data spike at both Wheely's RCC and Kyno's link.

[spoiler]
resist hacks: 4#9d6t5 4 3 3 3
resist control: 4#9d6t5 2 4 2 4

Spikes: 12d6t5 7 - Limit is 7.

Damage is 8 matrix condition boxes + net hits.
[/spoiler]

As soon as Kynos attaches the micro welder to the lock, the building enters defensive mode. All doors locks and low red light floods the room. Kynos finds himself in an entrance room, used for security checkup. There are 3 locked doors:
Offices, Visitor center, and operations. As Kynos considers his options - he notices the error messages that pile up on his link. Apparently some Decker is targeting his communication device.

@Irris, Nyx,Simone,Maxwell - The guards are handled but there is activity under your roof. Simone can see Devon loading his shot gun and heading out to see what is going on on his rood.
« Last Edit: <03-18-17/0709:49> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1059 on: <03-18-17/1100:39> »
[spoiler]
I assume this is Data Spike without a MARK:
Matrix Defense: 12d6t5 5
2 Matrix Damage

Kynos turns of wireless and switches to micro transceiver
[/spoiler]

Kynos cursed as he felt his commlink getting warmer. Quickly he severed the connection to the matrix and moved onward, while he switched to his micro transceiver:
<<Ok, stealth is now out of the window, we are now using speed.>>

With that he quickly moved toward the "Operations" part gauged how massive the doors where and so he could decide if micro welder or just a swift kick would be the better solution to gain entrance.

[spoiler]
If the doors are Reinforced Material or lower, Kynos will just charge kick them to get through:

Called Shot (Vitals/Weekpoint), Charge
Charge Kick Door: 14d6t5 6 [14d6t5=5, 6, 4, 3, 1, 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 5, 1, 5, 4]
11DV +6
Resist: 20d6t5 6
Door takes 11 Damage and has at least a 1m˛ big hole in it - or more likely a broken lock.

If it's heavier (unlikely but possible in a bunker) I'll just use the micro welder with its 25 DV base.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #1060 on: <03-18-17/1110:35> »
Wheely has just the time to see the Spider and the spike coming as it hits his RCC. The result is disastrous, the RCC let out a lot of smokes and sparks as Wheely is dumpshocked out of the Matrix. He lays flat on the ground for a few seconds with the biggest headache he ever fel. Climbing on his feet he can taste the blood dripping from his nose, thanksfully the farm around is still a mess with all the drones going mad.

Pocketing the remain of the RCC he starts limping back to his car, trying to stay out of sight while checking if his commlink is still okay.

<<Damn, looks like they still had a Spider ready. My RCC is down and I'm afraid I took too much of a dumpshock to do much in the next hour, I'm going back to the car.>>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1061 on: <03-18-17/1204:04> »
Simone sends a warning message to the snipers as she grabs her ax and runs after Devon, calling his name.  Her ax is held at her side in a non-threatening manner.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1062 on: <03-19-17/1600:23> »
@Simone/Maxwell Devon is surprise to see Simone and says "Simone?! What are you doing here? I got a burglar - quick help!" He said and tossed her a flashlight.  He placed a ladder by the house and begun climbing on it.

@Kynos kicks the door and breaks the lock only to find an open space. Then things get haunted house creepy.  The chairs storms him to slow him down. Janitor robots shoots water at him from a pipe and then the fire alarm is activated and clouds the visuals, covering everything with white dust.  Dirty, but safe behind a body armor - there is nothing in that space that can actually do harm, Kynos continues only to find yet another office.
This is not Operations - this is offices - that darn Decker must have changed the signs. He sighs.  Kynos can either go back or one of the conference room has a light on.

« Last Edit: <03-19-17/1602:20> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1063 on: <03-19-17/1636:21> »
'I hate it when they start messing with shit.'
Kynos watched amused as the dirt on his armor got incorporated into the invisibility spell and vanished.
<<Could you guys please call a contact of mine to take care of that hacker - or at least occupy them so they can't mess with me here? Her name is Roxxy the Disco Diva tell her Kynos needs her help and calls in his marker from the run she scrammed on.
Also, does anyone know how to find that fragging elevator>>

Kynos opened the next door - this time at random, trying to find the elevator.

[spoiler]
Edge roll to pick the right door:
Edge: 2d6t5 1[2d6t5=4, 6]

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1064 on: <03-19-17/1724:21> »
Simone grabs the ladder and shakes it.  "Wait, Devon.  They are with me and are providing help to the rest of my team at the farm.  Please come down so we can talk about this."