Register

Author Topic: Into the Chaos (OOC)  (Read 12174 times)

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6416
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #735 on: (12:59:20/03-19-17) »
Yes, I thought I was.  But there was a post where I was told that Simone sees Devon get a shotgun and head to his roof.  I just played it that he must have come outside and looked up on his roof and saw something.  I was just responding to the post.

The post in question is 1058, I think.  Bottom line.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5790
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #736 on: (13:04:57/03-19-17) »
Ah, now I see. There was an Edit I didn't catch.

Still, calling out in the night during a fire fight is not the most sound tactic  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6416
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #737 on: (13:08:16/03-19-17) »
Sorry.  In my mind I was warning them by com.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Ennui

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 852
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #738 on: (18:29:29/03-19-17) »
Stuttr says Ayato will help with the breaches.  He has small unit tactics and can help with teamwork tests.  I don't know what dice to roll though.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5179
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #739 on: (18:36:38/03-19-17) »
Ask Jack what to roll - but you guys are so deadly to obstacles that I'll just assume you go around and kick doors in your path. It just makes you any less stealthy.

Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5790
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #740 on: (19:15:51/03-19-17) »
Stealth went out of the window the second this decker spotted us and set the building against us.

Small Unit tactics are good and Kynos has them as well, but at the moment Dynamic Entry is the only one that makes sense:
Teamwork check wit SUT+Int, 4 successes needed, benefit is +1 to attack  to us - so not really worth the trouble.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kuirem

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 585
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #741 on: (19:39:07/03-19-17) »
If anything Wheely is within the 1 kilometer range and will send a message from his Commlink (running Silent Of Course).

Ennui

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 852
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #742 on: (01:24:58/03-20-17) »
Let me know.  I'm keeping him filled in while he's at the hospital.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5179
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #743 on: (01:50:15/03-20-17) »
Jack it is not a physical barrier but a ward - as in the ritual. You cannot pass because of the magical spell and the micro welder will not help in this specific case. Though if you push through I think that either the spell or the ward will collapse (probably the spell).  I am not around  book so I am a bit fuzzy on the actual mechanics.

The main group is near Irris which is approximately 1.5 kilometers away on top of Devon's roof. Give or take - a few 100's meters, she is  at the edge of her sniper rifle range.
You could use Wheely as a relay, which works if he positions himself approximately in the middle, and won't work if he returns to the car. (which will take him some time by foot.)
 
oh and I hope Sturt feels better soon! Sorry to hear that he at the hospital.

Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5790
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #744 on: (05:12:50/03-20-17) »
If it's purely mana based, a mundane type like Kynos wouldn't even notice the barrier until he walked through and the invisibility spell collapses. Only dual natured types would be stopped.
The general rule is: If it interacts with you, you can damage it. Either it has a physical component or it affects only the astral.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5179
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #745 on: (05:39:43/03-20-17) »
Alright, I'll make the rolls in the evening to see what happened.


Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5790
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #746 on: (06:19:29/03-20-17) »
Meanwhile I'll delete my last post. ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mulcarn

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 938
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #747 on: (08:19:00/03-20-17) »
In regards to the mana barrier and its interaction with the sustained spell - Since Kynos is walking through it with a sustained spell, you make an opposed test of Force x 2 [Force] for the spell vs Force x 2 [Force] for the barrier.  On success the spell passes through no problem and the barrier is temporarily disrupted.  On failure the spell is disrupted and on a tie they are both disrupted.

Oh yeah, sorry I've been gone for so long.  I couldn't access the site for the longest time and I eventually just straight up rebooted my laptop and that fixed the problem.  Came back to find 10-15 IC and OOC posts so i'm catching up.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5179
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #748 on: (09:15:27/03-20-17) »
Please remind me the force of the spell?
Barrier vs spell: 12d6t5 4

Jack_Spade

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5790
Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
« Reply #749 on: (09:32:45/03-20-17) »
F5
Taking the liberty to roll for mine
Spell Force x2: 10d6t5 5[10d6t5=4, 3, 5, 1, 6, 6, 6, 1, 6, 2]


Rousing himself from sleep at Kynos' message and alarm.  Maxwell stops to check in on Simone before treading outside.  Shadowing behind the driver seat where she waited, he crept up next to her and said.  "Rise and shine love.  Time for your part in this play.  We are to meet Ayato and Kynos outside."  Promptly exiting the van, the mage and surgeon reconvenes with the others.  Albeit with a little sluggishness to their gait.  One quick look was all he needed to work his spells.  Starting with the cranky elf.

Spoiler (hover to show)

A second attempt on his invisibility spell was called for after his first felt lackluster.  Content with his work, Maxwell walks a few steps forward and places a hand upon Ayato's shoulder.  Weaving mana into a subtle defensive boon for the adept.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Sustaining all that magic had begun to takes it's toll upon the mage's mind.  Forcing him to use all of his mental reserves to focus on maintaining the spells.  Lest they'd collapse inward and dissipate.  Issuing an astral command to his spirit was paramount for the next step.  "Mourn, turn to me and conceal the four of us till I say otherwise."  Removing his hand from Ayato, he turns around towards the direction of the sniper nest.  Before leaving he says.  "I've done my part.  Now is the hour for yours.  Let me know if you need some extra firepower and I'll conjure a true nightmare."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

 

Register
Register