2 2

Author Topic: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK  (Read 4770 times)

Necrogigas

  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1455
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #315 on: (22:34:53/02-21-17) »
O'Connor returned fire at his attackers. Between the loud reports of exchanged gunfire and his focused bloodlust, O'Connor didn't even register Clem's message.

Spoiler (hover to show)
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3713
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #316 on: (02:41:01/02-22-17) »
Sammy saw that a number of people were firing at Clem.  Since her own target had decided that he had an urgent meeting somewhere else and was now on his way to see exactly what that meeting was, she could do something about that.  She picked one of the people shooting at Clem she could see and lobbed another stunbolt.

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: (02:50:02/02-22-17) by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2860
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #317 on: (23:02:09/02-26-17) »
Clementine is thrown to the ground by the force of the sniper’s shot, her armor holding as the team brings down or disables several more targets, but the real action seems to be, by Clem’s recollection, coming from up the trail behind their attackers.  Most of the guys back there are shooting the other way and screaming African gibberish, with the exception of the one shooting at Clem, who even now is locking another round in his scoped hunting rifle.

No one else seems to notice the specifics of the commotion, though Snow clearly hears the word “DEMON!!” screamed out before the dying wails overcome every other noise.

A gigantic dark mass then tramples through and over the truck, destroying it utterly.  Gore splattered with a corpse clutched in one tentacle and another hanging from a tusk it screams in triumph, starting to slow its charge until it sees the runner’s truck and with a different trumpeting blast, it bears down on them.

The only thing between you?  Two boys, one paralyzed by fear, the other still semi-catatonic.



Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6171
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #318 on: (00:04:35/02-28-17) »
Snow sends a message by 'link because she is not sure that anyone will hear her over the noise.  >>Team [Snow]:  They said this is a demon of some kind.  I am not sure if our truck can stand up to it so you might want to leave.<<

After sending the message, she tries to move Jane and the kid closer to the tree she is using for cover.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1455
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #319 on: (23:11:19/03-10-17) »
O'Connor roared in triumph as he took down his assailants. It was drowned out, however, by a much louder and more menacing roar. O'Connor turned to the source as was utterly dumbfounded. The thing, whatever it was, has come out of nowhere and made short work the the enemy truck and its crew. He was having a hard time trying to figure out what the creature was, but he knew he was going to love fighting it.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6171
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #320 on: (05:11:16/03-12-17) »
Snow moves both of her patients to the side of the tree opposite the truck so they are protected from any debris if the demon should attack their vehicle.  Afterwards, she intends to draw her pistol and see what she can do to support her team.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #321 on: (01:58:18/03-14-17) »
Clem fumbled trying to crawl away from the horrible vision of a beast that was barreling down towards them. The size, the brute force and the timing of it all conspired to make the ork recoil back in fear, inaudibly saying to the rest of the team <What the drek... that thing... it's coming...>

In a moment of fear and panic, she got back up and fired towards the beast.

Spoiler (hover to show)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3713
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #322 on: (13:23:05/03-19-17) »
"What the ...," was a quite logical reaction when Sammy spotted the creature.  She quickly shifted her vision to the astral to check what it looked like on there and hopefully to gain a clue as to what to do about it.

Spoiler (hover to show)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 977
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #323 on: (15:26:50/03-20-17) »
Sam was having a really bad afternoon, what with the crash, the hard work getting the beast of a vehicle back on the road, having to sit by while someone else did the talking simply because he couldn't understand the fragging language, to suddenly seeing someone explode in front of him. When the beast suddenly demolished the truck, Sam's eyes glazed over as his brain decided to take a vacation and stop processing what he was seeing for a moment. It was just too much, too quickly.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

 

Register
Register