NEWS

Best gear from Chrome Flesh

• 47 Replies

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-14-16/0027:07> »

As a someone who's playing a rigger the control rig booster nanoware and the control rig optimization genetech look pretty good to me. the genetech adds +1 to vehicle tests while jumped in and the nanos add their rating to the  dice pool  for vehicle test while rigging.

Adamo1618

« Reply #16 on: <10-14-16/0347:28> »
Smart Corrosives. Intruders. O-cells. Hurlg.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <10-14-16/0452:25> »
So, by RAW?
::)
By RAW, Cyberlimb Cyberware starts on CF86. What you're referring to is listed under the heading 'Cosmetic Cyberware', and the text is not rules; it's fluff.

I like Spider Eyes, myself.

BigSexy

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <10-14-16/1421:08> »
Narco was mentioned..

However nephritic screen was not. Which would combine nicely with narco.

So here's looking at you, Kamikaze (or K-10 heavens forbid) fiend.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #19 on: <10-14-16/1838:23> »
I'm also a big fan of Synaptic Acceleration and Boosted Reflexes, they are cheap way (the first in Essence, the second in nuyen) to raise your Initiative a bit and can be easily completed with Cram/Jazz.

Boosted reflexes doesn't stack with anything if you use Bull's quote about how "augmentation bonus is any kind of bonus" and can never be removed...  But I use them a lot for Face characters and other secondary combatants that are fine with just 2d6 initiative.

My favorite is definitely Biocompatibility, but that's not gear.  I love the return of the Move-By-Wire System though...  Anyone who can manage one gets an absolutely massive bonus.  I made a character who had one before...  Don't recall what rating (just know it was higher than 1).  May have been 3.  That, a Skillsoft Network subscription, and a few other minor things...  And bam, that character is awesome.  I think it was Sum to 10, so I ended up with like, EAECA spread.  High attributes made up for low extra augmentation space, and the skillsoft network meant I was free to blow my skillpoints on a small number of high-rating skills (with specializations).  She was a combat-biker.
« Last Edit: <10-14-16/1843:48> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <10-16-16/2128:11> »
So, by RAW?
::)
By RAW, Cyberlimb Cyberware starts on CF86. What you're referring to is listed under the heading 'Cosmetic Cyberware', and the text is not rules; it's fluff.
The jackpoint commentary below is fluff.

The plain text right after they name the 'ware is where they put all the rules of what it actually does.  That they put fluff in rules and rules in fluff to the point where they aren't actually separate anymore is, in fact, a recurring issue.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <10-20-16/0633:03> »
The plain text right after they name the 'ware is where they put all the rules of what it actually does.  That they put fluff in rules and rules in fluff to the point where they aren't actually separate anymore is, in fact, a recurring issue.
Can you find an example where the fluff and rules occur in the same sentence? More specifically, where they start with rules-fluff, then continue with fluff?
« Last Edit: <10-20-16/0634:47> by Novocrane »

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <10-26-16/0105:59> »
A number of the pieces of 'ware that don't actually do anything concrete tend to mix fluff and rules.  Like the dreamlink.  The Math SPU has a number of features up front mixed in the fluff.
« Last Edit: <10-26-16/2211:32> by Blue Rose »

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <10-26-16/1053:49> »
Narco! Especially for your awakened/emerged types, it is definitely on the list for what to fill 1 point of essence with that has a lot of bang for your buck. 

Tetrachromatic Vision is nice/cheap particularly for humans. (+3 to visual perception and basically low-light vision).

There are a lot of fluff' 'ware, but I have actually gotten some use out of some. Ex. Safely riding in the back of a pick-up in because a few cyberlimbs had magnetic systems, a telescoping cyberlimb on a dwarf that evened out reach (in exchange for less damage) against bigger opponents in melee.  A used partial cyberskull with a bulk modifier can fit in some nice gadgetry that would cost a lot of essence othewise (attention co-processor, radar sensors, etc). 

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <10-26-16/1132:59> »
Telescopic Limb + Shock Hands, Stun Baton or Monofilament Whip can do wonders.

Troll Reduction is amazing, +1 max CHA for 15 000¥ or +2 for 25 000¥, allow you to play a face with 10 STR for the fun of it.

Some of the poison on critters from Howling Shadows are nasty: Physical Damage, Disorientation, Paralysis, Nausea… you name it. Install a Chemical Gland + Stinger for some stealthy killing in the middle of a crowd. And since it's all bio it doesn't show on MAD scanners. If you want to hurt you can use Spurs with the Gland.

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <10-31-16/2339:24> »
Centaur liminal body <--Cyber penis + bulk 1 <-- Beer dispenser <--poison injector! Now you're set to go to bachelorette parties! 1. go to parties. 2. have fun. 3. get everyone drunk. 4. poison target's drink. 5. leave the party. 6. collect money from Mr. or miss. Johnston.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-01-16/0124:50> »
A number of the pieces of 'ware that don't actually do anything concrete tend to mix fluff and rules.  Like the dreamlink.  The Math SPU has a number of features up front mixed in the fluff.
Dreamlink has no hard rules, and Math SPU has a separate paragraph for rules.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <11-01-16/1156:49> »
The genemods in general (baring a few shitty trap-options like the one that reduces Essence cost) are great. I especialy like Synch, seeing as its basically +1 to all combat Skills in every occasion where you need it (read: you don't firstshot your enemy) and its cheap on both nuyen and Essence.
The Genemod that is basically a platelete factory for stun damage is also great.

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <11-01-16/2212:31> »
Dreamlink has no hard rules, and Math SPU has a separate paragraph for rules.
The Math SPU also has other rules on what it does outside of that paragraph of rules.  Namely, the four sig fig built in clock and ten-channel tracker.

The fluffier the 'ware gets, the less clear they are on where the fluff ends and the rules begin.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-02-16/0233:26> »
That's fluff. How do you tell the difference? Fluff has no mechanical effect or relevance to game rules.