NEWS

[5e OOC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

• 575 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #540 on: <03-01-17/1557:15> »
So I am completely lost now. What did Spikes do in IP1 ? init 12? The only combat action she took that I remember was a long time ago shooting a prone guard that was closest to her(?!)  but now there is a troll in melee so how can that be?  (is it the same combat?!)  Nevermind - just let me know when it is over so I can understand what is going on.
« Last Edit: <03-01-17/1606:42> by gilga »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #541 on: <03-01-17/1607:15> »
Part of that's my fault.  I thought Spike's attack was from IP1, not our current IP, which likely resulted in at least some of the confusion.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #542 on: <03-01-17/1614:45> »
Pale horse shoots the guy still standing
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #543 on: <03-04-17/1004:00> »
Alrighty so guard manages only 1 hit on his dodge test, which drops your successes to 4 hits (making the Ingram Smartgun a 12P).

Armor soak (Riot Armor 14 + Helmet 2) = 16d6, 5 successes, and drops the hit to 7P

Body Soak: 4d6, 3 successes (holy lucky roll, batman!)

So finally, he takes 4P damage on top of the 1S he has already taken. He now suffers from a -1 penalty to actions.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #544 on: <03-05-17/0106:27> »
Achak @ 13
Achak will club the guard on the ground that shot him.

Going clubbing: Agility 8 + Clubs 6: 14d6t5 5 hits, capped at 4 hits by the club's Accuracy

Damage is 11P 0AP + net hits. The club has Reach 1 so that's -1 to dodge, plus another -2 for being prone in melee combat, plus -3 for the wound modifier he's currently enjoying.

Ichante @ 6
Ichante is going to try casting Chill at the standing guard that Pale Horse shot. She'll also declare Counterspelling (which seems unnecessary, but you never know) with her Free Action.

Ice, Ice Baby: Chill @ F6: Magic 6 + Spellcasting 6 + Spec 2: 14d6t5 3 hits

I believe this is the third time I've cast the spell and I believe that's the third time I've rolled 3 hits. This is pathetic.

Soaking 5S Drain: Willpower 7 + Intuition 4 (8): 15d6t5 7 hits

And that's the exact same roll I got for my drain soak last time too, and the time before that was 8 hits. So I'm at 51% rolling for drain (98th percentile rolling) and 21% for actually casting the spell (4th percentile rolling).

Chill is a Direct spell so armor does not apply. The guard will roll Body only to resist 3S and -3 Initiative. Each hit reduces the damage and the Initiative penalty by 1.

The guard is down -1 Initiative for the wound he took from Pale Horse, so he's at Initiative 1 right now. Unless he soaks all three hits from Ichante, he'll lose his action this pass.

Next up is Chaim @ 3, plus any actions the guards might have depending on their soak rolls vs. Achak and Ichante.

Who wants to do an IC post? I wrote the last one (two weeks ago).

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #545 on: <03-06-17/1407:35> »
Chaim is going to take a shot at the bear-sized ghoul.  If he can't drop him, maybe he can at least stack up some negative modifiers on him.

CT1 IP2
Simple: Take Aim
Simple: Shoot Ghoul with Ares Light Fire 75
Move: Back away from the Ghoul at Walking speed, and if possible put some barrier, table, etc., between him and the critter.

For Shooting Chaim has: AGI (5) + Pistols (3) + SA Spec (2) + Take Aim (1) = 11 dice.
Shoot Ghoul: 11d6t5 4
Base damage is 15S.  Net Hits do not add to the damage, which is resisted by BOD + WIL.  I think the Ghoul is at -1 for Subsequent attacks on his Defense test.  Also, by RAW Toxins with the speed of Immediate, like Narcojet, affect their target at the end of the CT in which they were administered.  GM call on whether that will be the end of this CT, or if you'd rather they take effect at the end of CT2 IP2 -- which would be a full CT from the time he's tagged.  The former is easier for tracking, while the latter offers that more granular sense of realism. 

I'll put in an IC shortly.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #546 on: <03-09-17/2044:12> »
The Narcojet hits the giant ghoul, though barely - rolled 3 successes.
Resisting the drugs, he rolls 4 successes. So in the end, he suffers 11S. While this is just enough to put the ghoul to sleep for a bit, I'm very tempted to give him an edge roll to keep going. However, seeing as he's going to drop off the initiative track anyway due to his slowing down anyway. I'll rule that the Narco finished him off and he collapses forward, smashing plenty of tables and equipment along the way.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #547 on: <03-09-17/2104:55> »
@CraterShip, did you want to roll dodge and soak for the two armored guards?

1) Prone armored guard: dodging 4 hits from Achak. Damage is 11P 0AP + net hits. The club has Reach 1 so that's -1 to dodge, plus another -2 for being prone in melee combat, plus -3 for the wound modifier he's currently enjoying.

2) Standing armored guard: roll Body only to resist 3S and -3 Initiative. Each hit reduces the damage and the Initiative penalty by 1.

Depending on the results, they may or may not have Initiative left to act.

Then, Pale Horse has enough initiative for IP3, and Achak might too unless he gets attacked again and takes more damage from a guard.

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #548 on: <03-11-17/1308:48> »
Will have to wait till we know what state the guards AR in be for I act
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #549 on: <03-12-17/1332:04> »
Because of the wound modifiers, penalties for prone and lack of reach in melee combat, the armored guard doesn't get a dodge at all, so straight to soaking damage: he nets a respectable 5 hits but still sustains the remaining 6, which means he is fully unconscious now.

Second guard rolls his body to soak the effects of chill: 1 hit and if I'm not mistaken, he actually hits the criteria for glitching his resistance test. Not only does he suffer 2S and -2 Initiative, the chill manifests largely in his external body parts - immediately frostbitten fingers freeze to the metal portions of his Ares Alpha, painfully making it impossible for him to fire. He is also struck with a sudden case of extreme shakiness from chills. He is essentially removed from combat as he is no longer capable, but is still alive and at least partially alert.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #550 on: <03-19-17/0029:52> »
Alright, so it sounds like we're out of combat for the moment. Or, at least the GM hasn't called for a new initiative roll.

It sounds like it's time to am-scray. Ichante isn't the murdering type - or at least the "murder more than necessary" type - so she'll probably leave the guard. If someone else wanted to choke him out or donkey punch him, she wouldn't be adverse.

Asher tried to comm us to tell us to evac Dr. Nelson too. I think the consensus was "not in the contract". If anyone else feels differently, time to speak up.

Other than that, it sounds like it's time to exit the way we came.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #551 on: <03-19-17/1247:51> »
That would be correct Tec, combat is currently over, although hanging around too long probably won't keep it that way. After all, there has been quite a bit of gunfire recently.

I got the impression of the "not my problem" regarding Dr Nelson as well, so unless you guys decide to pursue further, we can press on here rather than pushing into the building to find Dr Nelson and extract him.

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #552 on: <03-19-17/1707:24> »
Wecdo red to destroy any samples we leave behind, that was in the breif

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #553 on: <03-19-17/1853:18> »
Spikes won't mind to go get the scientist if it pays more. She's a happy camper.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #554 on: <03-20-17/2116:16> »
Wecdo red to destroy any samples we leave behind, that was in the breif

Well then.

I don't see any grenades on anyone's sheet. However, this might be a good opportunity to use Flame Burst. That should mess the lab up properly within a reasonable time frame.

Casting @ F5: Flame Burst @ F5: Magic 6 + Spellcasting 6 + Spec 2: 14d6t5 4 hits

Resisting 6S drain: Willpower 7 + Intuition 4 (8): 15d6t5 1 hit

Woah, ¡no bueno! Let's Edge that.

Edge reroll: 14d6t5 3 hits

Still not great. Ichante takes 2S drain. That brings her up to 3S total, so she is now at a -1 modifier. She has 1 point of Edge remaining.

After she's done, she'll spend a few seconds scrubbing the astral signatures, then it's time to exit. I don't remember how big the lab is but I figure everything should be done in 30 seconds to a minute.

FLAME BURST
(DIRECT, ELEMENTAL)
Type: P Range: S (A) Damage: P
Duration: S Drain: F + 1
A spell for the desperate or uncaring, Flame Burst sends
sheets of flame from the caster, damaging everything within
its area of effect, animate or inanimate, friend or foe. The
spell sends a pulse of flame in a single direction with the
caster’s first action once every Combat Turn as long as it is
sustained, without damaging its point of origin (the caster).
Everything else in its path, though, is damaged.