NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (OOC)

• 237 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <09-07-16/1856:06> »
That sounds reasonable Irish.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Qwikfix

« Reply #31 on: <09-08-16/0749:33> »
Jed is feeling overwhelmed by the situation. 

He ain't alone, buddy :P  It's why Arc is busying herself with the jamming grenade.  Something she can grasp, work with, do.  Beats wrapping her head around this big picture drek :P

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <09-08-16/0810:02> »
I think I've imagined a different physical scene at the location.  You said train, and I was picturing a subway, hence a tunnel.  Marco is talking about an office and cars and such.  Smiles, can you describe (IC or OOC) what the layout of the meet will be? 
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <09-08-16/0831:17> »
Yes, I imagine a frozen outdoors train stop with a couple of wooden structures. I mean, with all the shooting and slave trading it is very odd to do it in the middle of a city with subway.  I will edit if it is underground. (it also changes some of our assumptions about sniper rifles and stuff).

« Last Edit: <09-08-16/0833:29> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <09-08-16/1245:44> »
Train is underground for a large part of its run. It emerges from a tunnel to continue the last post of its trek outdoors. That said, it's not a subway. It is a traditional modern train for this job. Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys can't see into my head.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <10-03-16/1345:08> »
Smiles, as I posted, I am using my mana window spell to assense the area (not projecting, so no body to be seen) before we walk in.

I got 5 hits on the assensing test to scout the area.

Going to maintain the spell. 

By the way, sustained spells on me are:  Increase Intuition cast and sustained by my summoned spirit (F6).  Increase reflexes (F1 with reagents for limit) sustained by my focus.  Mana window (F8) sustained normally. 

I also have my weapon focus active (cane).  So that's 3 spells and two active foci (F1 both).  As long as I'm hidden, I'm good, but once I move out of the building, its going to look like the archangel Michael showed up. 

« Last Edit: <10-03-16/1350:58> by SmilinIrish »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <10-05-16/1712:59> »
My post has been edited due to info on the mage split into two posts

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <10-06-16/1216:59> »
Quote for a discussion with Smiles on indirect combat spells:  Taken from SR5 p.283 COMBAT SPELLS --->Indirect

"...The spell then is launched with an Opposed Test that pits the magician’s Spellcasting + Magic [Force] versus the target’s Reaction + Intuition, kind of like shooting a gun (in this case with bullets made of acid, or fire, or something  equally unpleasant to be hit by). So you don’t really need to be able to see the target—you can cast these spells blindfolded or with artificial image enhancement— as long as you’ve got a clear line of fire. "

The section doesn't address any modifiers to the attack roll, such as range, obscurement, cover etc.  Just wanting to make sure we are all on the same page.  For the record Smiles, I'm presenting this as how I understand.  This is your game, and a simple "I don't think it should be that way" is sufficient. 

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <10-06-16/1237:19> »
Since this does not work in the same way direct spells do, and thereby bypasses those game balancing limitations I think that it's fair to impose some of the same limits that a gun has in terms of cover, obscurement etc with this exception. You may target up to the long range of a sniper rifle, Yelena's will do nicely for it's range, without any range penalty whatsoever. But, past that I'm going to say the magic just disappates. ie you will not be able to take any penalties to dice in order to try and hit the target.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <10-06-16/1247:04> »
Thank you for looking at it smiles.  To match the sniper in damage I'd have to cast at a force guaranteed to cause drain.  The highest I could do is a Force 12, which is 12s + net hits, with an AP of -12.  But I'd be resisting 8 physical damage that way.  A sniper can do 11-14P with an AP of -7 to -9. 

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <10-06-16/1310:36> »
Irish if he is out of range just let Yelena pop him. I mean, he is just floating around in the middle of the sky, no obsticles, no cover no where to hide - a kill zone. No drain for sniper rifle and he might not even be aware of Yelena's attack as a sniper can see with his little telescope further away than a human can with the naked eye. Just saying - just because someone is a mage does not mean we need to 'mage' him to death.

To top your problems - he also get to have spell defense.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <10-06-16/1315:12> »
Smiles clarified that I saw him projecting.

I'm hoping to keep my presence hidden and hope he fails his surprise roll, ie, no defence.  Also, I'm not planning on casting at F12.  I can use reagents to limit hits so its only stun damage, but not currently planning that.  I'm going to do that.  May send my spirit after him then snipe him while he's busy.  Trying to figure out where to stage myself.  I'm lit up like a Christmas tree and I don't want him to see me.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <10-10-16/1027:55> »
I'm not actually projecting.  I'm using the mana window (or astral window, I forget).  It is a divination spell that lets you use your assensing at a distance (currenly cast high enough to get 150 feet of range.  After the run in with the dragon, I wanted to be able to scout without putting myself out there.  Its perfect for this though, as I would otherwise been spotted by the mage.

Maybe we could finish him off before he called for help.  I suggest waiting until Tsina is off the train, in case the mage is there and someone notices he isn't breathing. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <10-10-16/1048:23> »
Yelena's scope gives her a reduction in range modifiers, too.  If you advise, we can make the mage the first target.  Yelena plans on firing once from her current position then leaving for her next one.  She is thinking that Tsina would have prepared for the eventuality of some sort of betrayal and has placed explosives in the most obvious locations.  It would be nice to be wrong, but Yelena has not lived this long by believing her targets are stupid.  Tsina has had quite a bit of time to have preparations in place.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <10-11-16/1011:37> »
Mercy, the van is ours.  I think you are talking about the pallet loader.