NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (OOC)

• 237 Replies

Qwikfix

« Reply #60 on: <10-19-16/2029:57> »
Hi baby boy, sorry you had to ask. I should have realized you needed this and posted it. The vehicle is a 4/3  3  1  16  12  2  2  8  With both wireless and DNI rigger interface. It's modded to include some security counter-measures, (ie hide the big fraggin' cannon from scanners) and has a front mounted RPK HMG with 1000 rounds on the roof and two detachable Krime Cannons in the rear. The HMG is also interfaced, the Cannons aren't. Nicolai is fairly old school and is carrying a Super Squirt and a Fichetti Pain Inducer.   

Reposting this here for my own reference (why do we have two OOC threads again??).

To establish init, Arc is rigged into the van via hotsim VR, as everything was booted back up once things started to go down.  This will also affect resultant modifiers.

Initiative: 6+4d6 25

Sweet.   Once initiatives are up, Smiles, if you'd like, I can handle the initiative flow?

Now, just to make things clear mechanically, you said the goons, guards, and razorgirls aren't acting until the second pass of this Combat Turn, right?  And that I'm correct to guess what was left (lieutenant, sniper, and Tsina) all took shots at Yelena?

If I'm incorrect in that, I'll modify my first pass action as necessary, and any rolls with that will be spoilered in the IC post.  Also, knowing how many people I see in the panel with rocket launchers may be nice ^^;

----

Another note, the perception check Arc had included views from the cameras and drones.  Any chance of pinpointing where Yelena's attackers shot from?
« Last Edit: <10-19-16/2040:25> by Qwikfix »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <10-20-16/0112:59> »
Jed Initiative:  smilinirish:3D6 → 12(6 +1 +5)  The result of 12+15 makes Jed's Init 27

Summoned spirit has standing orders to protect Y:  smilinirish:2D6+14 → 23(4 +5 + 14)

Bound spirit has orders to kill the awakened:  smilinirish:2D6+14 → 21(5 +2 + 14)
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <10-20-16/0141:50> »
Yelena's Initiative + Edge:  Initiative w/edge: 13+5d6 31  31 and 4IP

I guess the careful plan went out the window, eh?  I wonder what happened that we did not get even a try at it? 
« Last Edit: <10-20-16/0248:52> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <10-20-16/0149:16> »
Initiative: 10+1d6 14

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <10-20-16/0150:26> »
My money is on the fact that Nicolai wasn't as smart as he thought he was.  Jed is unlikely to ever go along with someone else's last minute plan with no time to recon on his own.   I built him to be an over planner.  I took a smaller aspect of the chaos mage (the feeling the magic part) and ignored the fluff about impatient and reckless.  I view it as more of a D&D sorcerer vs wizard tradition.  Jed is an OLD chaos mage.  :)

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <10-20-16/0152:30> »
Good morning Gilga :)

Once an adept is out of chargen, is there a way to add improved reflexes, since it is 1.5 PP?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <10-20-16/0215:29> »
I think so, just kick in a QI focus for the missing 0.5 power points.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <10-20-16/0217:00> »
Ooooooo...

Forgot about Qi Focus

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <10-20-16/0307:07> »
OK.  Lets get this show on the road.

Yelena dodge against first attack:  Dodge: 18d6t5 8  0 net hits

Yelena dodge against second attack:  Dodge: 18d6t5 4  1 net hit

Yelena dodge against third attack:  Dodge: 18d6t5 4  0 net hits

Soak against second attack.  12 DV  AP-2:  Soak: 27d6t5 9  Edge for misses:  Edge for misses: 18d6t5 4  No damage

No damage and 1 Edge remaining, along with 2IP.

Smiles, do I see any of the assassins?

« Last Edit: <10-20-16/0327:19> by Mercy Merchant »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <10-20-16/0611:01> »
We have 2 OOC threads??? I have no idea how I did that  :o Only 1 person shot at Yelena, the sniper, I just forgot to take the minuses for multiple shots. I'm leaving for work so Mercy if you want to do that in the dice room so that you can potentially get your Edge back I'm ok with it. No, you can't see the sniper, please remember it's dark and they're high on top of a roof. And thx for the offer to post the init. baby boy. I'll take you up on that.  :)
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <10-20-16/0618:40> »
Smiles the minuses is a split dice pull in half for double shot and 3 times for triple and it is highly unlikely mechanically that a single sniper will do that. From 15 dice you'll be down to 5 that are extremely unlikely to hit anything that can move.  Note that splitting dicepool can only be done with some weapons (I.e when holding two hand guns or with automatic weapons.) 

By the way Mercy - if Yelena needs help spotting the sniper, spirits are exceptional at this and Marco has some idle minor spirits that will not be good for combat but can hint Yelena where the sniper is. By manifesting right next to it, or something like that. In case you need some spiritual guidance.
« Last Edit: <10-20-16/0625:17> by gilga »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <10-20-16/0720:06> »
This edition doesn't like mulitple attacks in the same pass.  For reference:

CRB P. 196    "Characters sometimes want to really put on the hurting in a single Action Phase and can choose to attack more than once in a single Action Phase by using the Multiple Attacks Free Action. This action represents both attacking multiple times from a single melee weapon and attacking with two different weapons (firearms or melee). The attacker’s dice pool is calculated with all modifiers (Wound, Environmental, Situational, and the full recoil of  all attacks if it’s a ranged attack) and then split as evenly as possible between all attacks, and each attack is handled separately. (Keep in mind as the dice pool gets smaller the chances of a glitch rise.) Dice gained by  pending Edge applies before the pool is split, while dice from both pools can be re-rolled with a single use of Edge.  The total number of attacks you can make in a single Action Phase is limited to one-half the attacker’s Combat Skill.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <10-20-16/0900:34> »
This action represents both attacking multiple times from a single melee weapon and attacking with two different weapons (firearms or melee).

So I think you need two guns (I think there is an exception for automatic weapons in full auto).

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <10-20-16/0938:03> »
The shots coming from above me will be a good start and can give me an idea of where the sniper is.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <10-20-16/0945:46> »
How can Marco and Nikolai be in Jed's line of sight if they are inside the van ?  (or is it invisible van).