NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (IC)

• 687 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #615 on: <03-15-17/1017:11> »
Yelena nods.  "We should go.  Bring eyes back to rest in arm."  She looks at Jed.  "PI man send mojo spirit to tell Blackbird we come to him.  Maybe he can help get to safe house since we do not know where to go."

She opens the door and looks out in the corridor then leads the way down the stairs and out of the building.  Once outside, the three companions once again go into the cold, none of them actually looking forward to making the trip underwater.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Qwikfix

« Reply #616 on: <03-16-17/0013:26> »
It took only a moment for Arc to be weather ready, zipping up her coat and pulling her backpack onto her shoulders.  Nodding to Yelena and Jed, she followed them out, letting Jed do any necessary interaction.  Once outside, she pulled her hood up, keeping her eyes down as they trudged on.

As they went, she was checking her feeds and began the careful process of withdrawing her flyspies.  Leaving the one still trained on the living shooter, she had the other quietly work back to them through the shadows.  Aligning herself, she allowed the collar of her jacket to part slightly with an intake of breath...just enough to have the drone slip right in.  Once they got close to the safehouse, she then confirmed she was pulling the other drone, repeating the process.

With a sigh as she saw the familiar pool, Arc looked up to Jed, knowing the invisible Yelena was near.  She spoke quietly.  "Guessh we get it over with..?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #617 on: <03-16-17/0022:51> »
Yelena had been walking in Arc's footprints to avoid any issues with extra prints in the snow.  Now that they are near the lake, she speaks softly to avoid anyone else overhearing.  "PI man get answer from Blackbird?  He knows where house is.  Can help us find."

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #618 on: <03-16-17/0217:29> »
Jed looked blankly at Yelena for a moment.  He had expected to walk directly back to the safehouse, but now that they were here, one section of shore looked pretty much like the other.  It then occurred to him that they had not cleared the astral of their trail when casting spells earlier this morning.   Looking about, Jed saw the faintest traces of mana from when he had cast invisibility on the van.  Leading the team to the spot, he sat cross legged on the shore while he projected himself out of his shell to look for the entrance.  Jed found the entrance and the mana barrier that covered it.  pushing against it, he attempted to enter to let Blackbird know that they were here. 

[spoiler]
Charisma + Magic vs Fx2
smilinirish:10D6E5 → 3( (3, 3, 4, 5, 3, 5, 1, 5, 1, 4→ 3 successes against 5) )
[/spoiler]
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #619 on: <03-16-17/1642:30> »
On the back of his mind this pesky Velenkoradi was singing... Marco has never experienced an happy spirit before that one - but he could not mistake that emotion it was happiness. "Your friends are here, Marco" he said.   "Yet, I changed more than you since I bounded we met. You are not like other spirits are you? I'll miss you when you return to your world." thought Marco.

He got into his wet suit again and carried as many begs as he could as he exited, and almost passed right through Jed's aurra. Marco was swimming toward the shore with what he could carry.  "I am getting tired from all these swims perhaps I should take some swimming lessons. Might be fun to have a swimming pool... besides swimmers are always so masculine... "

His idle thoughts only carried on until he was shore. "You are early, I am glad you guys are still alive.  I brought what I could to make the trip easy. I hope you do not bring too much equipment." After his declaration he looked at Arc that seemed a bit pale, he remembered her being sick earlier, and asked  "How do you feel Arc?"
« Last Edit: <03-16-17/1702:14> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #620 on: <03-16-17/2209:00> »
Given the limitations of travel for them the trip back to the safe house took several hours and the sun was high in the sky by the time they got to the lake. But, they were sure they hadn't been followed and Jed was confident of his actions in cleaning up their mana signature.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #621 on: <03-17-17/0045:59> »
Yelena touches Blackbird on the shoulder as the others begin changing. "Blackbird, Sam say is bounty on priest at plane.  Yelena ask if Blackbird want priest dead."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #622 on: <03-17-17/0112:07> »
Blackbird said "Never... I want him to repent his sins and choose a better path in life. that line came almos automatically, instinctively. A moment later he added  " It is unwise to replace an adversary that I have intimate knowledge about with someone I know nothing about...

I grew up with that person...  he was like a father to me and I don't even know how successful their education was.
I mean, a while ago I was pacifist and today I am killing people. That man is the one with the answers for me.
"
he laughed sarcastically.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #623 on: <03-17-17/0128:51> »
Yelena nods and does not mention it again.  She changes into the wet suit and helps get all of the gear into the safe house, letting Arc and Jed warm up.  Once inside and able to look around, she nods before going to the weapons area and opening her case on floor under that small shelf there.  As she pulls the rifle out she says, "Is good place.  What Blackbird find.  Nicolai said money.  Is enough for buy passage?"  She puts the pieces of the rifle on the shelf and begins to strip the weapon down in preparation for cleaning it.

Qwikfix

« Reply #624 on: <03-17-17/1646:43> »
It wasn't until Marco had arrived did Arc let herself breathe easy, her shoulders slumping visibly as she set her pack down.  With all her kits and drones within, the 15 kilo pack was starting to get a bit heavy.  She blinked twice as Blackbird inquired about her health, her cheeks flushing a bit --from cold or otherwise-- as she leaned against the wall, taking the wetsuit and beginning to get changed.

"Ah...yeah, jusht needed some food I guess.  Nothing to worry about, I'll be fine" She passed off her reasoning as she busied herself with getting changed, squeezing into the oddly-fitting wetsuit before diving in with everyone else, carrying her stuff and whatever needed.

Upon arriving, she overheard the two elves conversing as she undressed, appreciating the internal heating of the safehouse as she slipped into her casuals.  Wiping her brow, she slumped against one of the walls as the weariness of adrenaline withdrawal overtook her, the rigger focusing her attention on being aware of the conversations...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #625 on: <03-17-17/1719:19> »
Marco replied "Well alright, there are beds there, two rooms so make sure that you get some rest. Only military rations though, unless you like peanut snacks.."

Marco replied to Yelena "Found money and SIN's did not count, I assume we have enough. Kind of wanted to stick around for awhile until things calm down. " He helped as much as he could for the rest to get to the bunker and make the swim safely.
« Last Edit: <03-17-17/1724:50> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #626 on: <03-18-17/0040:02> »
Yelena nods as she begins to clean her weapon. "Is good.  Should count money.  Check SINs and IDs.  See if any can use.  How long Blackbird want stay?  Sam offer help Yelena become someone else."
« Last Edit: <03-18-17/1154:48> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #627 on: <03-18-17/0823:34> »
Marco said "Either we go in a few hours or we wait a month or so. How lucky do you feel? Justice is for you Yelena, I have just seen my share of it for a lifetime....

I may want to visit my old mentor, but only to interrogate him - break his spirit until I can steal his secrets and find some clue about the leverage I need to get the priests to leave me alone...
"

(I do not think that Yelena knows about the sister thing, it happened during the last few hours and we were shooting our guns. Did I miss anything?).
« Last Edit: <03-19-17/1533:06> by gilga »

Qwikfix

« Reply #628 on: <03-19-17/1247:11> »
Arc gave a bit of a snort as she pulled herself back to her feet, shrugging off her coat.  "Tch, what I wouldn't give for shome crickets right now...not complainin'.  I'll jusht be ready to get home all the more."  Sighing, she left the two of them to their conversation, nodding to Jed as he seemed to be working his own recovery from the trek.  The safehouse wasn't large, but she still wanted to take a peek around.

So it made sense that it wouldn't take long for her to find the modest arsenal stored in one of the side compartments.  Setting out a low whistle, she tried to distract herself from their situation by taking stock.  "Now what toysh did you leave behind, Nicky-boy..."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #629 on: <03-19-17/1549:01> »
Marco handles Arc all the credsticks and SIN's he uncovered. "These are the secrets I found but perhaps you will find things that I missed."