• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <04-21-16/1033:23> »
Some artwork that has been posted on FB:

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <04-21-16/1445:24> »
I love Simon Andrews.  You can do so many stupid things with him, and it all looks awesome. ;)

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-21-16/1723:10> »
Oh man, that Simon Andrews image makes me think that Andrews is actually Harlequin in disguise...it's the pins! :D
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-17-16/1634:26> »
Now available!

Levels of Wrong

For years, the Containment Zone of Chicago has held many levels of wrong. One level is the bad things that frequently happen there—the various assaults against CZ residents, and the people who go missing or turn up dead. That level of wrong is bad enough, but it gets worse for the people who are foolish enough to look into the reasons behind the wrongs. The scope and range of evil in the CZ is enough to warp even the most stable of minds, and only the desperate or deranged voluntarily look into the darkest corners of the sprawl.

That, of course, means that shadowrunners find themselves diving into those corners all the time, and another chance is about to come their way. A young woman has gone missing, and Becky 99, leader of the Desolation Angels, wants her found. The runners will face the challenge of digging through the darkness of the CZ to find this woman—and then living with whatever it is they discover.

Ancient Rumblings continues the series of Shadowrun Missions diving into the toughest dangers Chicago has to offer. Whether runners have followed the full storyline or are just jumping in now, the Mission provides enough adventure, danger, and mystery to keep players enthralled.

Ancient Rumblings is for use with Shadowrun, Fifth Edition.

BattleCorps

DTRPG

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-17-16/1657:14> »
I'm excited to see this out finally. :) 

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-17-16/2007:49> »
Agreed. :))

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #6 on: <05-17-16/2042:49> »
Quick question: how goes the 'boy reach armor rating of 28? Do worn armor stack with his nature?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #7 on: <05-18-16/0109:32> »
Job for the Desolation Angels in Chicago?

Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <05-18-16/0159:10> »
Quick question: how goes the 'boy reach armor rating of 28? Do worn armor stack with his nature?

Yup.  Same way a physad's Mystic Armor will stack with worn armor.  He just has a whole lot more of it :)

Job for the Desolation Angels in Chicago?

I'm curious as to why you say this? Keep in mind actual in-character knowledge vs player knowledge, that this is a part of a larger campaign set in Chicago (The 9th adventure so far), the fact that the Deso Angels are under new leadership, their leader is a contact the runners get early in the campaign, and through her they've been a pretty regular fixture in the campaign helping the runners and/or supplying them jobs?  8)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #9 on: <05-18-16/1527:10> »
Honestly? Haven't kept up too much with the missions, since money's tight and I don't have a local group. So last info I had, Desolation Angels were known to be Mantis spirits. Sure, one of the better bugs to deal with, but still bugs. So jobs for them involve bugs. Jobs for them in Chicago, which still has a bug problem all these years later, will DEFINITELY involve bugs. And I don't have nearly enough KE IV rounds to deal with a hive.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-18-16/2148:32> »
I was mostly being a bit circumspect, and a bit tongue in cheek.

But yeah, the things to keep in mind with this are...

A)  In-Character knowledge.  Most characters don't know anything about the Desolation Angels, and what they might have heard are little more than rumors.  And lets face it, in Chicago?  Everyone and everything is rumored to be Bug Spirits.

B)  Feral Cities is the last bit of Chicago we've really had.  It takes place in 2071.  So it's been 5-6 years in game time since any of that data was relevant.  Which is a lifetime in the shadows (sometimes literally).

C)  The current plot line has it that the Mayor of Chicago and the Governor of Illinois have declared Chicago bug free, and are actively working to reclaim the Containment Zone, trying to negate the "Feral" status of the city.  Part of the plot involves a "land rush", as corps and other individuals attempt to "prove" ownership of land in the CZ (and after Bug City and Crash 2.0, it's not always hard to fake, and is the subject of more than a few Shadowruns).  After that, Chicago plans to sell off any unclaimed land dirt cheap, and everyone has a limited amount of time then to clear the land and start rebuilding downtown.  All so that they can get Chicago 2.0 up and running.  :)

D)  Outside of a couple rogue bug spirits, in 9 adventures now there hasn't been any bug activity in Chicago.

E)  Becky 99, the new leader of the Deso Angels, appears to be a powerful Rat Shaman.  She defeated the former leaders and drastically changed the way the DA's operate in the Containment Zone.  They've been very community minded, and have been actively helping and working with several  of the larger communities in the Zone.

F)  Missions is designed to play out something like a TV season.  So beyond the players, you have a set group of NPCs who play a very active role in the adventures.  A couple of the DA's, including Becky 99, play large roles in several adventures and Becky herself is a Ms. Johnson a few times.  Being what these adventures are, you kinda need to embrace the concept and role with it, or avoid them altogether.  And trust that as writers and designers, we're not going to completely screw you over.  Because that's no fun. 

Well, ok, it's fun in moderation, but you need to do it in a way that the players will enjoy and will make a good story and keep them coming back, not ina  way that makes them walk away from the table.

But at the end of the day, yeah...  That's what it is and where it is.