NEWS

[5E OOC] Trial by fire

• 397 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <02-15-16/2247:00> »
Background is up under a spoiler tag on my initial IC post.

Starting Nuyen: 3d6*60 ¥780

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <02-15-16/2347:57> »

What SIN(s) do you have?  I see you've got the National SINner NQ, I'm assuming that's going to be what he does his art under and possibly where the Downtown SF lifestyle is associated with?  Speaking of, what rating is your lifestyle?  Low, Medium, High?  Guessing it's not street or squatter and pretty sure it's not luxury :P
You'll want at least 1 fake SIN to commit crimes under.

Would like to see a bit more invested in your Art Gallery contact, and/or another artist-type contact given that he's supposed to be one of the best artists in the area (the Inspired PQ along with the heavy investment in the Artisan/Performer skills).

If you can afford it, the Mortimer line is probably more useful than the actioneer, and better armor than the jacket when paired with one of the overcoats.  Especially as the actioneer and the armored jacket don't stack.

I'm sure you'll get more into this with the 20 questions, but a few off the top:
Is he going to be from Halferville and moved into Downtown?
How long has he lived in Downtown?

I made pretty much all of the changes you suggested. I had to ditch the motorcycle to afford the fake SIN and better armored suit, but I think that's a good trade. I dropped his stripper contact in favor of a low-level art dealer, and buffed up his art gallery contact.

His lifestyle is Medium, and I made a note of that on the sheet (dunno why Chummer doesn't list it by default). To answer your other question, he's originally from Halferville but he's been living downtown for about five years now.

The updated sheet and 20 questions are in my first post on pg 1.

Starting Nuyen: 4d6*100 1700
« Last Edit: <02-15-16/2352:42> by badneighbor »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <02-16-16/0054:02> »
Background is up under a spoiler tag on my initial IC post.

Starting Nuyen: 3d6*60 ¥780

That's great.  Lots and lots to work with there.  I expect to be able to start things no later than the end of the month, if everyone is ready by the end of the week I can get this rolling on the 22nd.  I've a good chunk of things already worked out, just want to plan a little better so things are smooth for when you make decisions I've not even come close to considering :)

@rednblack: Your sheet looks good except for your magic.  How do you get an 11?  Also, don't understand 11 (6).  That nomenclature doesn't make sense to me.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <02-16-16/0132:35> »

What SIN(s) do you have?  I see you've got the National SINner NQ, I'm assuming that's going to be what he does his art under and possibly where the Downtown SF lifestyle is associated with?  Speaking of, what rating is your lifestyle?  Low, Medium, High?  Guessing it's not street or squatter and pretty sure it's not luxury :P
You'll want at least 1 fake SIN to commit crimes under.

Would like to see a bit more invested in your Art Gallery contact, and/or another artist-type contact given that he's supposed to be one of the best artists in the area (the Inspired PQ along with the heavy investment in the Artisan/Performer skills).

If you can afford it, the Mortimer line is probably more useful than the actioneer, and better armor than the jacket when paired with one of the overcoats.  Especially as the actioneer and the armored jacket don't stack.

I'm sure you'll get more into this with the 20 questions, but a few off the top:
Is he going to be from Halferville and moved into Downtown?
How long has he lived in Downtown?

I made pretty much all of the changes you suggested. I had to ditch the motorcycle to afford the fake SIN and better armored suit, but I think that's a good trade. I dropped his stripper contact in favor of a low-level art dealer, and buffed up his art gallery contact.

His lifestyle is Medium, and I made a note of that on the sheet (dunno why Chummer doesn't list it by default). To answer your other question, he's originally from Halferville but he's been living downtown for about five years now.

The updated sheet and 20 questions are in my first post on pg 1.

Starting Nuyen: 4d6*100 1700

I like the 20 Qs, that looks really good to me.  It'll be interesting essentially having to "pleasers" (though in very different ways) on the team.  Dunno why chummer didn't include the bonuses from mortimer gear in your dice pools for the social skills.  Just remember that while you're wearing them you get +2 when wireless is on.  Wouldn't hurt to note that somewhere on your sheet.
Do any of your contacts know you by your street name and/or your fake ID or does everyone know you as Marlowe?

@Tec: Same question about contacts for you.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <02-16-16/0149:28> »
The contacts would know his street name ("Knucks") but not his fake SIN.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #35 on: <02-16-16/1152:11> »
Zwei, that's weird.  I checked through the sheet, and it doesn't look like chummer made any other strange gaffs.  Char sheet updated, and I should get 20 Qs and background info on contacts up this week/weekend. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <02-16-16/1202:11> »
The contacts would know his street name ("Knucks") but not his fake SIN.
Cool, thanks.

Zwei, that's weird.  I checked through the sheet, and it doesn't look like chummer made any other strange gaffs.  Char sheet updated, and I should get 20 Qs and background info on contacts up this week/weekend. 

No worries.  Looks good, thanks for updating it.

@All: Thinking of getting things started on the 22nd.  Does that give everyone enough time to put the final touches/changes they want to make?

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <02-16-16/1610:41> »

Do any of your contacts know you by your street name and/or your fake ID or does everyone know you as Marlowe?

I should've mentioned that somewhere in the 20q. No one calls him by his real name except his family. He prefers his fake name, Émeric, so that's what all his contacts would call him. He only uses the name Expo when dealing with shadow-types, so Fixers, Johnsons, and other Runners.

And yeah, I'm good to roll out by the 22nd. I still want to do some more writing of his backstory/contacts/whatever, but I think his character sheet is mostly done.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <02-16-16/1711:20> »
I feel ready to go. I don't think I have any more tweaking to do.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <02-16-16/1717:32> »
This week is super busy for me at work and I didn't want to commit to starting so soon or rush rednblack.  Next Monday is the earliest I think I can commit to.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <02-18-16/2319:06> »
I think we are just waiting for RnBs background and confirmation that he's good to go for Monday, or there about.  I need a little background on Uffington to start things off, but I'm pretty much ready aside from that.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #41 on: <02-19-16/1040:27> »
I've been swamped the past couple days, and I'm not sure if I'll have the time today to get everything down.  If I can I'll put down the twenty questions and the broad strokes today, and fill in the details early next week. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <02-19-16/1219:22> »
I've been swamped the past couple days, and I'm not sure if I'll have the time today to get everything down.  If I can I'll put down the twenty questions and the broad strokes today, and fill in the details early next week. 
No worries mate.  Life happens :)  Get us what you can and we'll get started then.  The more time you take, the more time I have to try and figure out WTF I'm doing as a GM :P

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <02-20-16/0033:21> »
Was feeling ambitious so I filled out the 20 Questions and put them under a spoiler tag on my initial post.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <02-20-16/0130:43> »
Thanks Tec :)  I appreciate it.