Register 2

Author Topic: New Tabletop RPG in the Works!  (Read 206 times)

EiraHaexa

• Omae
  • Writer For Hire
New Tabletop RPG in the Works!
« on: (15:11:34/03-31-17) »
Chronicles of Etaine is a rules-light, RP-heavy, high fantasy/horror tabletop RPG that runs on a d20 system (specifically, one d20 and no more than a small handful of d6). Once I can get some preview art commissioned, I'll post a Kickstarter to fund the creation, printing, and publishing of the game.

Preview: Creation Myth

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: (16:45:53/04-23-17) by EiraHaexa »
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

EiraHaexa

• Omae
  • Writer For Hire
Re: New Tabletop RPG in the Works!
« Reply #1 on: (16:59:02/04-19-17) »
Sample

Heretic - Advanced Class
Prerequisites: Demon Hunter or Ranger Class, Blackblood infection

The Heretics are new to the world of Etaine. They were once rangers, scouts, or demon hunters who became infected with Blackblood. They somehow survived the infection, either through luck, willpower, or divine intervention, and managed to retain their sanity (arguable). The infection linked them to the demonic hive mind, allowing them to perceive other demons, making them better, badder demon hunters. They use their link to track demons, but since the link works both ways, they rarely live long and usually die horribly or go completely insane. For obvious reasons, Heretics are generally not trusted, but their efficacy is undeniable.

Class Feats -

Darksight - Heretics gain the ability to see in total darkness.
Hive Mind - Heretics can perceive the world around him through the hive mind, and draw from the gestalt consciousness. Obviously, demons aren't happy about that.
Immunity to Dark Magic - The twisted magic of the Dark Mages is no longer effective against a Heretic

Weaknesses -

Allergy to Light - Heretics suffer severe burns on any exposed skin in any bright light. Dim light, such as candlelight, is fine, as is a cloudy/overcast day. Clothing and armor prevents the reaction. For this reason, most Heretics keep as much of their bodies covered as possible.
Penalty to Healing - Heretics receive a 10% penalty when using healing potions. The use of healing magic on a Heretic will actually cause more damage equal to the power of the spell. (more than one wounded Heretic has been killed by a well-meaning Magi)

Image source: Unknown, but if you find out, let me know!

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

EiraHaexa

• Omae
  • Writer For Hire
« Reply #2 on: (16:45:23/04-23-17) »
I have a subreddit set up specifically for Chronicles fluff. Short stories, history, and tongue-in-cheek descriptions. Not much there right now, but I add to it almost daily.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChroniclesofEtaine/

Sipowitz

• Omae
  • Smile for the camera
« Reply #3 on: (13:38:57/05-12-17) »
Chronicles of Etaine is a rules-light, RP-heavy, high fantasy/horror tabletop RPG that runs on a d20 system (specifically, one d20 and no more than a small handful of d6). Once I can get some preview art commissioned, I'll post a Kickstarter to fund the creation, printing, and publishing of the game.
I wouldn't look at doing a KS until  the game is 90+% ready for the printer.

Our group(last month) demoed a new rpg that was then on KS, the game itself is horrible, but they got their money (10k) because they had preview books and stated over and over again that the rules were done.(they aren't)

EiraHaexa

• Omae
  • Writer For Hire
« Reply #4 on: (18:26:15/05-12-17) »
I wouldn't look at doing a KS until  the game is 90+% ready for the printer.

Our group(last month) demoed a new rpg that was then on KS, the game itself is horrible, but they got their money (10k) because they had preview books and stated over and over again that the rules were done.(they aren't)

I'm trying not to fall into that trap. The world is built, I just need to finish drawing up the rules and make it look all pretty. Due to life, the universe, and everything, progress is going to be slow. Try to bear with me.

Register