NEWS

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

• 9 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« on: <01-07-11/1014:36> »
I'm putting this thread out there for a place to put any new deals on where to get some cool stuff. eBay auctions, books sales, etc.

To start off, DriveThruRPG and GDW recently got together and released issues #25 through #77 (the final issue) of GDW's Challenge magazine from back in the day. They're being sold at $2 bucks a pop (although the index and issue #49 are free), and you can find a list of them all here.

For you younglings out there, Challenge was a magazine that included fiction and rules for games like Shadowrun, BattleTech, Traveller, Cyberpunk and others. To give you an idea, they carried a lot of Stackpole short stories for Shadowrun as well as some great articles by other notables.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #1 on: <01-07-11/1125:55> »
Are we allowed to hoc personal warez for sale, or that a no-no?
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <01-07-11/1143:11> »
I'd say no, since that falls into the No Commerce clause of the ToS (speaking of which, I x'd out the eBays as well since that's a no-no). I'm thinking more along the lines of you saw a great deal somewhere that's legit, and you're not personally benefiting from the sale.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #3 on: <01-07-11/1201:18> »
Hmmmmm, would offering personal servies for something like say....Miniature painting be legit? Or that too much like turning the forums into a Craigslist? I only ask because the fiance has been wanting to break into that little niche.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <01-07-11/1303:02> »
As long as we don't get carried away, that should be fine. Instead of posting a link or anything for something like that, if you want to just say, "PM me for Miniature Painting", it should be good.

Also, try to keep it to stuff related to Shadowrun/CGL stuff. Don't start offering stuff that's key to other games. I brought up the Challenge magazines because they had a number of Shadowrun and BattleTech articles back in the day.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <01-11-11/0802:08> »
How about recommendation of good vendors in different country's. My reasoning is not all of us have a FLGS but we have found some reliable mail order places which are still someone's FLGS
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #6 on: <01-11-11/0823:23> »
That should be okay. In fact, if you want to post websites of FLGS in your area that you'd recommend, that should be good too. Just as long as you're not hawking your own goods and you keep it more review of the FLGS/Vendor and less "commercial" for them. I.E., "X has pretty good selection and shipping, but their customer service is a bit flaky." Not "X IS DA BOMB! COME BY AND CHECK THEM OUT!"

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <01-11-11/0905:00> »
Seems fair,  I'll write something up for a couple in the UK when I'm out of the office. I always prefer to support the smaller shops rather then places like amazon and such.
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <01-13-11/0634:21> »
On that note, I heartily endorse Wayland's Forge in Birmingham, England. Often not as cheap as Amazon (who is?) but good knowledge of the line and they usually have a good stock of Shadowrun stuff in.

Mod Edit: Fixed the link.
« Last Edit: <01-13-11/0833:19> by FastJack »
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <01-14-11/0322:06> »
I would recommend www.spiritgames.co.uk they are very friendly and have been quick at dispatching things to me.