NEWS

[SR5] Shadowrun Tarot Deck

• 137 Replies

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <12-10-15/1032:19> »
Awesome AJ, thanks. I'm running with a group of friends who have little experience with Shadowrun.  Currently the GM is having some difficulty getting the flavor right. Often feels like 2015 with magic and tech. Needs more dystopia. I thing the art will help set the stage in everyone's mind.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <01-14-16/1046:58> »
From Tumblr:

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <01-14-16/1416:10> »
I would expect a PDF version of the deck would be released...you could always extract the images and not use the "deck". Also, Echo Chernik, the artist, typically does a KS at least once a year...often has the option to buy various prints. I've got a number of pieces via these that can be found on the covers and pages of SR books.

She is in the last few days of a currently running KS - they just hit their goal today!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <03-17-16/1024:47> »
Some additional art posted to FB:

Sun

Death

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <03-17-16/1716:45> »
Oooohh... so doing both the Lesser AND Greater Arcarnas.. OK... now I'm really interested.

And since they've been discussed, there's also another meaning to the Greater Arcarna known as The Fool's Journey.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <03-18-16/0056:27> »
I already wanted this very much, but with the last two pics, I believe I have reached the point where I couldn't possibly want it any more than I already do!  :)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #36 on: <03-25-16/0257:11> »
The original 'tarot' card decks were used for many, many card games.  The whole sortilage thing came about only well after their gaming use was popular.  (Wikipedia has a good, accurate article on it.)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <03-25-16/1011:09> »
If you want to know more about Tarot history and the underlying imagery expected in each card then check out Tarot Experience by Lo Scarabeo. It is a great series of books that delve deeply into the history and lore. The KS has 1 week left.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <04-29-16/0954:40> »
A couple of posts from Echo Chernik on FB:

Love Shadowrun? Besides my prolific portfolio of mainstream advertising work, I still make time to create work for this really awesome game. One thing that you have to know about me - I've been playing Shadowrun since college. Second ed. My husband Lazarus has been playing since first - and we'll be playing later today. SO this is a passion for us. I illustrate a gritty world, where the armor doesn't match, there's opulence crossed with gritty street dystopia. Right now, the big project that's been announced is the Shadowrun Tarot. We've been slaving away on this for two years! It's AMAZING, if I do say so myself. On the first level it's a tarot deck. On the second level, it's a visual run generator. Third level it's chock full of fun stuff for GM's to play with - puzzles. And the Fourth level is a secret. You'll have to follow along to figure that one out! I'll be posting art here, and links to anything released about the tarot. Maybe i'll even post sneak peeks of new cards, but I have to stay within the release schedule of the deck. Feel free to enjoy the art. One thing people love about my art is the little details. DON'T underestimate that in the new tarot. It's ALL about the little details. grin emoticon Glad you're here! :> x

The teal dots means the cards are finished :D:

An finally, some more detailed card art:

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <04-29-16/1218:48> »
This almost makes me wish I was on FB.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <04-29-16/2111:31> »
This almost makes me wish I was on FB.

Evan Echo can't get me on FaceBook

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <05-02-16/2355:11> »
Having trouble with pre order of the tarot deck. Can't ding it in the Alliance catalog. Is there a ISBN or stock part for this yet?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <05-03-16/1128:11> »
I don't believe that anything is up for pre-order quite yet.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <05-03-16/1450:31> »
I don't believe that anything is up for pre-order quite yet.
But I waaannnttt it NOW!!! {stomping feet} ;)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <05-03-16/1702:47> »
If you just want the art work, Echo is polling members of her FB community...$50 for 60 4x6 cards/prints.