NEWS

Shadowrun videogames

• 26 Replies

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <09-08-10/2349:30> »
I have to agree....mostly. I hated it when those pesky ghouls would back me into a corner and make me beg for mercy. Also what the frag was with that random guy that would show up, take my picture, then disappear into the crowd? I always wanted to track him down and take him out! Can't have my pic all over the matrix.

-Dodger

Yeah, you just made me remember I never knew what this guy really did, was he affecting the game at all?
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-08-10/2352:07> »
Well he never affected anything in-game that I can remember, perhaps I'll head over to gamefaqs and see if anyone there knows.

-Dodger
"I am no paladin. I never will be. I
refuse to be twisted to serve any person's will."
-Dodger
-Choose Your Enemies Carefully-

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <09-08-10/2355:58> »
He probably was a KSAF reporter... ;)

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <09-09-10/0005:09> »
I will go with Sir Jacks response, as I have been unsuccessful in finding anything other than it was programed as a "random event". Seems it was added to add flavor to the setting and make us runners paranoid. It sure worked on me.

-Dodger
"I am no paladin. I never will be. I
refuse to be twisted to serve any person's will."
-Dodger
-Choose Your Enemies Carefully-

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #19 on: <09-09-10/0208:14> »
Could also be the gangs , mafia , yaks  were keeping an eye on johsua as your were makeing a name for yourself pretty fast
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <09-09-10/1324:35> »
Personally, I hated it when i would be walking down the street, and some fragging mage would geek me with a mana bolt... And don't even get me started on Salish-Shidhe...hell-hounds, wendigos, bander-snatches... Ghouls and Vamps in the city were a piece of cake...

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #21 on: <09-09-10/1326:14> »
Camera-guy? Figured he just thought my character was Paris Hilton or something. The resemblance is uncanny, if you ignore the horns.

You know, HERS.
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #22 on: <11-22-10/2128:49> »
I would love to see a new SR game, maybe made by Bethesda with the new engine they are alluding to, if they could ever wrestle the license away from Microsoft...  Dreams

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #23 on: <11-22-10/2136:59> »
Beth-soft isn't a small company. They may not be Microsoft but they are very roughly in the same league. Check out their website sometime. They're bigger than you think. So there's always hope.

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #24 on: <11-23-10/0348:49> »
Beth-soft isn't a small company. They may not be Microsoft but they are very roughly in the same league. Check out their website sometime. They're bigger than you think. So there's always hope.
I know how large they are.  I was meaning that Microsoft doesn't easily relinquish rights to something they own (and I really don't want to see another attempt, from them, to deface SR).

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #25 on: <11-23-10/0456:07> »
Just have to convince Beth-soft its worth the licensing fee that MS would want for it.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #26 on: <11-23-10/1940:30> »
Just to clarify the code is A,B,B,A,C,A,B or Z,X,X,Z,C,Z,X with the default gens keys.

I would give both my legs for a new Shadowrun game that was as close to the rules and setting as the Sega one.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada