NEWS

WHICH META-TYPE WOULD YOU BE?

• 99 Replies

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #90 on: <09-15-10/1445:11> »
Did you see the bit of tech recently demonstrated by some university folks that could potentially allow people with crippling diseases or injuries (like spine trauma, degenerative neurological disorders, stuff like that) the ability to control a computer interface with their brainwaves?  Not just "I had an idea" but an actual working device?

Brain frying ain't far off.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #91 on: <09-15-10/1909:17> »
For anyone who has seen the Ghost in the Shellmovies or series, I do beleive that with our current consumption of everything "online", this is a good and most likely example of what our society will be like in the next 50-100 years. Brains connected directly to the net, able to live simulated lives like, well real life SIMS, relying on internet-style relationships rather than flesh and blood ones. Think we're not? look at us now, and for a better example, go check out Facebook and Twitter.  

Real-life Otaku, not to far away.
« Last Edit: <09-15-10/1911:13> by Mystic »
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #92 on: <09-15-10/1954:08> »
For anyone who has seen the Ghost in the Shellmovies or series, I do beleive that with our current consumption of everything "online", this is a good and most likely example of what our society will be like in the next 50-100 years. Brains connected directly to the net, able to live simulated lives like, well real life SIMS, relying on internet-style relationships rather than flesh and blood ones. Think we're not? look at us now, and for a better example, go check out Facebook and Twitter. 

Real-life Otaku, not to far away.
I'm quite sure I don't know what you mean. Just because all my friends & family are over one thousand miles away and I spend more time communicating through Facebook and e-mail and text-messaging ...

What was I talking about? ;)

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #93 on: <09-15-10/1955:44> »
Here's your sign...

;D
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #94 on: <09-16-10/0158:30> »
Hmm, based on my blood heritage, I might end up a Formori, based on my outlook on life, interests, and relevant views on culture and history, I'd probably end up as an Oni. Based on physical features, attributes, traits and skills, probably an Elf. /sigh
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

street.mage

• Newb
« Reply #95 on: <09-17-10/2102:57> »
Drake.  Being able to turn into a small dragon and roasting your own marshmallows is awesome.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #96 on: <09-18-10/1125:04> »
Cyberzombie  :D I'd probably stay human and with my luck I'd end up accidently getting fried by a mage coming into their power.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Julius Q Enderby

• Newb
« Reply #97 on: <09-19-10/0332:43> »
Human but one of a kind. Just like the rest of us. ;)

System

• Newb
« Reply #98 on: <09-19-10/1627:15> »
I'd stay human.  I like being reasonably tall, well built, and normal looking.  Tusks just aren't very attractive, and elves are just too... unmanly.

Minchandre

• Newb
« Reply #99 on: <09-19-10/1741:17> »
I'm of slightly above average height and built, and I definitely feel pretty lucky on average, so I guess I'd be a human.