NEWS

WHICH META-TYPE WOULD YOU BE?

• 99 Replies

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #30 on: <09-09-10/0346:22> »
Sweet, a fellow troll not so far away :) Think we can group up and bash heads in together in the Night of Rage?  ;D
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-09-10/0357:44> »
An immortal elf and here is why...

1) I would like to be part of the Elven conspiracy and know all the secrets.

2) Immortality beats the alternative.

3) I would give up Harly's location to Bull so he could finally kill him off.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #32 on: <09-09-10/0415:24> »
Now THIS I like.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <09-09-10/0823:43> »
Knowing my luck / personality odds are in for either I'm already a very tall dwarf (as in a spike baby) or I'm going to UGE into a Ork

But if I get to wave my hands and blow stuff up then I'm all good
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #34 on: <09-09-10/0934:02> »
Wasn't UGE only with Dwarfs and Elfs, and Orks and Trolls came with the Goblinization?

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <09-09-10/1022:47> »
I'd contract HMHVV.

For the sexy lovin' I'd be gettin'.  You know all the fangirls would be all over me.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #36 on: <09-09-10/1030:04> »
I'd contract HMHVV.

For the sexy lovin' I'd be gettin'.  You know all the fangirls would be all over me.

Er... that's just chlamydia, dude ;)
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <09-09-10/1329:31> »
I'd contract HMHVV.

Er... that's just chlamydia, dude ;)
Burn! I think it is time to get some cream Gun-Nut, before you go blind...

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <09-09-10/1953:15> »
*points up* BWAHAHA.

*cough* ahem.

Elf. You know the pic of the biker bitch elf in one of the core books (I have no clue what edition we own)? Like that. And mod the living daylights out of myself until I looked drow because they just look so much cooler (monochrome + red accents = my thing). Turning my skin black and my hair white doesn't really seem that hard for this setting. XD

Yes my dad so fits a minotaur. (How much of this is because I still mostly have the idea of Kaz from Dragonlance in my head rather than ShadowRun's version I don't know.)

Hell'f I know what Doomy would end up being. XD Our sniper could probably go human or elf (he'd probably hit me for that XD) and our face already has a +2 charisma in person soooo. XD
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #39 on: <09-09-10/2027:26> »
There are drow in SR, they're the Night Ones (RC, p71, 35 BP). As long as you can live with having fur (like a jaguar's pelt). ;)

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <09-09-10/2032:46> »
Yeah the furry part totally killed it for me. I thought about playing one but I ended up going with a changeling elf instead the second I heard there was fur involved. Just can't do it.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #41 on: <09-09-10/2130:17> »
Yeah the furry part totally killed it for me. I thought about playing one but I ended up going with a changeling elf instead the second I heard there was fur involved. Just can't do it.

Actually, I dont think skin color is an issue. I remember an elf from the novel Shadowplay who had black skin.

As for me, eh...plain old human but with orc-ish tendencies.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Tarot

• Newb
  • Never get involved in a land war in Asia
« Reply #42 on: <09-09-10/2307:39> »
Drake guys: You folks know you won't be much more than servants and slaves of the first big scaled wyrm that finds you, right?

Not if you stay under their radar  ;)
Why do they always shoot the mage 1st?

Pepsi Jedi

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <09-10-10/0246:26> »

Elf. You know the pic of the biker bitch elf in one of the core books (I have no clue what edition we own)? Like that. And mod the living daylights out of myself until I looked drow because they just look so much cooler (monochrome + red accents = my thing). Turning my skin black and my hair white doesn't really seem that hard for this setting. XD

Augmentation: Page 63: Cosmetic Bioware: Skin Pigmentation and Bio-Tattoos: $1,500:   In part "Metahuman skin can be altered to take on a wide range of colors,-- from pitch black to bright red to bone white."

There's your drow skin.  

Augmentation: Page 62: Cosmetic Bioware: Hair growth: $500: In part "The texture, color and thickness of the hair can be chosen in advance , allowing for a wide range of options, -- from a long green mane, to a nice coat of leg fur so the user can wear shorts in winter."

If they can give you a long green mane. They can do extra long chalk white to go with your drow skin.

There's your drow. About $2,000.... less than one tax return and you're who you want to be.

"Awww but I was born a human, or an Orc! No drow for me"

Not so!

Augmentation: Page 62: Metatype Reassignment: $25,000: In part "Any elf, human, or orc can have his body sculpted to resemble an elf human or orc."

This is all bioware. It's not cyber. So you BECOME what you pay for. (( granted becoming another metatype doesn't give you the benifits of that metatype)) So you appear to actually be what you've paid for.

So.. for the price of a mid priced car. $27,000 an ugly ol skraggy hairy orc can be turned into the beautiful Drow he or she always wanted to be.

if you start off an elf. You can hit Drow for 2,000. Very easily easily done.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <09-10-10/0259:35> »
Nartaki for my, or maybe a surged elf with shiva hands.
There have just been so many situations where an extra pair of hand would have come in handy(no pun intended) ;)
"An it harm none, do what you will"