• 542 Replies

忍

« Reply #405 on: <12-08-16/0300:36> »
WTH I'll add my 2¥ of homebrew

Elevate
Target: Device
Duration: P
Fade Value: L + 1
Target resists with Willpower + Firewall.  You put a number of MARKs equal to your net hits on target device.

Resonance Reverb
Target: Self
Duration: I
Fade Value: L - 1
You can spot devices running silently with a Sleaze up to Level within 100m of you for a number of minutes equal to your hits.

Bitflip
Duration: S
Fade Value: L + 1
Target resists with Willpower + Firewall. If you get any net hits you can swap two Matrix Attributes of target device. These attributes cannot be swapped by reconfiguring the device or the Configurator program for as long as you sustain this complex form or the device reboots. 

Lag Grenade
Fade Value: L + 2
Target resists with Intuition + Data Processing. For every net hit the target loses 5 from their Initiative Score.

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #406 on: <12-08-16/0501:45> »
two words :
Elevate may be useless because of the use of ... puppeter (with naw fading of L+1 http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24595.msg467945#msg467945 )

I very like the three others so Techy way of life :P

&#24525;

« Reply #407 on: <12-08-16/1515:17> »
You're right.  I suppose L - 1 makes more sense. This creates the distinction between Elevate and Puppeteer, one used solely for marks while the other for any matrix action.

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #408 on: <01-13-17/0800:26> »
No news?

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #409 on: <01-14-17/1452:33> »
Resonance is still
Our true power is still gone
We lie stationary.

(Nope right now)

&#24525;

« Reply #410 on: <01-15-17/0206:37> »

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #411 on: <01-15-17/0345:43> »
Do we dare hope so?
That our time will be at hand?
I wait for more news.

(I doing posts in here as haiku as i am bored)

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #412 on: <02-06-17/0536:25> »
Perhaps this could mean something

Considering the rest of Amy´s twitter feed, it might also be a reference to the U.S. election  ;)

Anyways:

Slide to Unlock
Target: Device (i.e. Maglock)
Fade Value: L -2
Simple as that: On a Net Hit hit, you can unlock (or lock) any Maglock, which resist with its Rating*2. Spares you at least one Action - which might buy your team just the time to get out of the room before the Nerve Gas sets in. ::)

Switcharoo
Target: Persona
Fade Value: L +2
On a net hit, you switch places with any Persona in the Matrix you can see in the Matrix or have a Mark on. The Target resists with Willpower+Firewall. "Switching Places" includes the following effects:
You and your targets switch the Grids you are on, you switch your own and other Matrix user´s "fields of view" (meaning f.i. that someone who spotted you might lose you and sees the target instead and vice-versa. However, you might stay spotted if you´ve already been marked) and, last but not least, you switch positions between inside or outside of any host(s). Note that this might be (ab)used as a clever way to infiltrate a host - which is intentional  8)

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #413 on: <02-16-17/0109:30> »
It has been almost two goddamn years since this thread was started.  20 months.  Amy hasn't posted on this forum ever since the first post; nobody has heard anything about this book.  Words cannot describe...
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #414 on: <02-16-17/0441:17> »
Well, maybe not words, but 3 letters can describe all of this pretty well :)

At least we got updated fading values and with prototype transhuman for Synaptic II, playing a Techi that isn't useless in meatspace is at least sorta possible.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #415 on: <02-16-17/1145:14> »
It has been almost two goddamn years since this thread was started.  20 months.  Amy hasn't posted on this forum ever since the first post; nobody has heard anything about this book.  Words cannot describe...

But don´t you see that there are more urgent things than sneezing out a 20-Page fluff book (with aprox. 2 pages of crunch) that might actually look like someone´s finally have given a drek about Technomancy? Literally everything´s more appealing than this whole Hacking thingamabob. We don´t get it anyways. But Dude, there´s Tarot! And fearies! And with Arnachy, a complete new parallel system to maintain. Yay! Why not a book about dentistry in the sixth world? The music industry? Probably a crossover with Earthdown? The Cuthulu mythos? DnD? John Carter from Mars? Everything´s on the table, as long as there´s not too much computery stuff in it. What does that "Cyber-" in Cyberpunk mean anyways?

Also, theres not much to make out of this whole "Magic, but with Computers"-thingy. It´s not like there´s a whole thread running for almost two years to gather ideas, multiple sets of houserules floating around or even a whole chapter in the previous edition´s Matrix sourcebook. You have to build everything from scratch here!  >:(

*Sigh*

Yeah yeah, I´m salty. I´m basically a Level 12 Salt Spirit at this point. If they only weren´t so easy to summon, right?  ::)

(And before anyone connected to this is turning into a salt spirit, too: This is not a personal attack at anyone of you. I don´t know where´s the problem, nor do I know who´s responsible.  But something´s going extremely wrong here and I don´t see a reason to not be salty about it  :-\)
« Last Edit: <02-16-17/1201:55> by Finstersang »

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #416 on: <02-16-17/1603:50> »
But since I don´t want to just rant:

How about another computer/media-related buzzword that would make for a pretty neat complex form:

Filterbubble
Target: Person
Fade Value: L -1
Make a Software+Resonance VS Data Processing+Intuition-Test. If you gain any net hits, you enclose your target inside a "filterbubble", preventing the target from percieving certain things inside the Matrix or finding them with a Matrix search. The filtered content may consist of one of the following things:
  • A specific Host or Icon. In this case, the target can only be percieved by performing a deliberate Matrix Perception test with a threshold of [Level] against it, similar to running silent. If the filtered icon is already running silent, add the Net Hits to the target´s defense pool against Matrix perception.
  • Spam. In this case, reduce the Noise (and other potentially negative modifiers) from Spam Zones by the aquired Net Hits.
  • Information. Closest to the contemporary meaning of the word "filterbubble", this affects all information regarding a specific topic that would normally come up when conducting a Matrix search. In this case, the Net Hits to the Threshold for the Matrix search test.
Note that the target is normally unaware of the filterbubble, unless there´s a good reason to mistrust the percieved information.

« Last Edit: <02-17-17/0935:57> by Finstersang »

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #417 on: <02-16-17/1811:48> »
I get how you feel, Finter.  Also, I feel like "Force 12 Salt Spirit" should be your forum person title, it's a pretty great one.
« Last Edit: <02-16-17/1817:03> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #418 on: <02-17-17/1028:16> »
I get how you feel, Finter.  Also, I feel like "Force 12 Salt Spirit" should be your forum person title, it's a pretty great one.

Completely with overpowered Elemental Attack [Salt] and Engulf [Salt] Critter Powers :P

Seriously, I was already contemplating to post some random profanities, just to see if this thread is still somehow monitored ;D

dragrubis

• Newb
« Reply #419 on: <02-17-17/1102:21> »
I don't think that there is someone to monitor it...