NEWS

New SR5 PACKS

• 29 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <06-26-15/1953:01> »
I'll try, what I meant is that if you termed this a bolt hole (a place to run too, sleep off your wounds and re-equip) it would work under the bolt hole rules i.e. only pay when in use. On the other hand if you define it as a place to store your stuff mechanically its pretty much identical (same qualities e.g. not a home, same gear, same function) however since its defined as a place to store stuff you have to pay ongoing costs. Either way how you make it remains identical but depending on the term used to idenify it you either apply the don't pay except when using bolt hole rule or you don't.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #16 on: <06-27-15/0232:21> »
Because it comes with a contact as well as gear that's already set up for you, and because it is not a place that is going to be used by someone else in need of a place to hide out and gear to grab, it is not an official 'Safehouse' - as I've said before.  That the place and the gear is to remain available at a moment's notice, the contact intended to be unknown to anyone else you know (and who perhaps knows you only by the ID included in the PACK), the lifestyle represented thereby requires ongoing maintenance at 500¥/month - hence the very specific purchase of 3 months Squatter lifestyle prepaid, representing a small U-Stor-It compartment, or alternately the contact's back room, basement, garage, or whatever.

I honestly never figured this thing could generate so much controversy.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <06-27-15/0759:28> »
It's the internet, Wyrm. Did you really expect any different? :)

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <06-27-15/1957:38> »
Sorry bolthole not safehouse they're two different things. A safe house as you said is somewhere you can send someone to keep them safe, a bolt hole is a hidden place just for you to hide in as per this bit on 216 . . .

Bolt holes and safehouses are common parts of a shadowrunner’s life. I’ve covered this before, but let’s sum up briefly: Bolt holes are prearranged, cash-only paid spaces that you crawl into when the shit hits the fan. Bolt holes are usually set up in advance and then left to sit in whatever dark, unseen place they inhabit. A bolt hole isn’t some vacation home in the Bahamas—it’s more likely a cargo crate with food rations, a chemical toilet, and nothing but time on your hands to contemplate your sins and what to do next. A few people may share a bolt hole, but they might kill each other if they stay confined too long. A safehouse is much like what you see in the trids. A little out-of-the way home used on a temporary basis to keep people safe as they are moved out of the city/country or just until business is taken care of. Corporations and governments use them for witness protection or to offer them to shadowrunners to babysit assets. A safehouse is generally a step up from a bolt hole. In that they tend to be controlled by some House Master/ Madame who maintains whatever operating façade the safe house has constructed.

Probably just how I see things making it an issue but to me what you have there is more of a bolthole than a safehouse and thus would come under the bolt hole rules. Admitedly what you have here is even less suitable for anything except storing gear so it may be justfiable not having any costs attached to it but bolt hole describes it better to me than safe house hence the only pay when using it.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <06-27-15/2335:37> »
Then yes, a thousand would be fine, as it would fulfill 'bolt hole' technicalities, and you can sock 500¥ more into the 'pocket cash' available.  Or buy another gun, or something.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <07-04-15/0435:02> »
What I figured a bolt hole is is something like the save zones in Watch dogs a shipping container to go to lay low a safehouse is like a coffin motel or what Walt went to near the end of breaking bad

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <07-05-15/0132:33> »
Thank you for contributing.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <07-17-15/1832:28> »
This is awesome. Totally stealing it. My old group had a term for acquisitions like this: "Veteran 'Runner Basic." It was one of those things that new players never seemed to buy, but everyone who had ever survived more than three sessions of a campaign bought every time, without question, before they did ANYTHING else with their kits.

I am wondering if, for both flavour and concealability, you could buy added storage space on the bike and store all of your bugout bag inside it. None of it is high mass, and then if you parked it in a U-Store-It anywhere other than redmond even if someone found the bike it would just look like some rich corp brat's toy, since all the really good stuff is inside.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <07-18-15/0205:16> »
I tend to build bikes with SR3's vehicle creation rules, so all my bikes come with a bit extra storage space - whether that's hard-case panniers or whatever.  So yeah, totally.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #24 on: <08-17-15/1955:21> »
Here's a PACK I made for the face in our group, the IDent PACK!

Sometimes, you just need to be someone else. Whether it's because the heat is on any you need to lay low, or you need to get access to someone you wouldn't normally be welcome, the IDent PACK has you covered! Including a solid (and solidly affordable) fake SIN with a pair of licenses to it to cover anything you need, a Commlink to hold your ID and personal history, and a budget for any style of cloths or armor you need to be the new you! Giving you flexibility for affordable pricing.

Fake SIN   25000
     Fake licenses x2   2400
Commlink   2700
Armor/Clothing budget 1900

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #25 on: <08-17-15/2016:39> »
Rating 2 is not what I would call a solid fake ID.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <08-18-15/0154:29> »
It's also an incompletely-described PACK - add in '¥8000 / 4 Karma'.

And Fox, for a PACK you pretty much should actually define the gear - or at least give several options.  What armor costs ¥1900?

However, I agree with Rift - a Rating 2 Fake SIN might get you onto the bus downtown, and let you buy drinks and the like, but it is in no way 'solid'.  Rating 2 is shaky; rating 3 is acceptable.  Rating 4 starts to get into 'dependable' territory, with 'solid' being reserved for 5 and 6.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #27 on: <08-18-15/1551:59> »
Hmmm, valid points. I was thinking about keeping costs low and didn't think about trying to infiltrate higher level areas. Will have to re-work this when I get a few free minutes. I left the 'Armor and clothing' area open as there are so many different combinations of armor and clothing styles that it would be hard to pin them down while leaving the identity open (ganger would have different cloths and armor then a low end rent-a-cop and such), but I'll look into if I can do something about that.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #28 on: <08-20-15/1104:46> »
Armored jacket or armored clothing both can be stylicly moded to fit whatever theme is needed. Hell, in the Sioux Nation leather armored jacket is what you wear to a fancy dinner/meeting along with your combat knife and heavy pistol (no burst fire or full auto though). But anyways, if you are wanting a get out of dodge kit, then rate 2 SIN will work. If this is a whole new you, you want 4 or above.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <08-21-15/0355:28> »
If you're wanting to cross a border - and from Seattle, you'd need to - then a R2 SIN won't work, tripping alarms there.  You want at least a L4 (as I put in mine) in your bugout bag.
Pananagutan & End/Line